Second Saudi Arabian woman secures commercial pilot licence

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Good for this woman. May all the women in the Muslim world who have dreamt of flying since childhood have their dreams come true.

Second Saudi Arabian woman secures commercial pilot licence

So far, two of them have obtained commercial pilot licences this year

By: Jumana Al Tamimi, Associate Editor

Published: 13:13 July 5, 2014

Yasmeen, 23, has fulfilled her dream. She was trained in flying academies in Jordan and the US and recently became the second Saudi woman to receive a commercial pilot licence.Image 1 of 212Dubai: Yasmeen Mohammad Al Mainmani started to dream about flying when she was just seven years old. She was not particularly dreaming of being a captain, as she was not sure what she wanted to be — a hostess or a pilot.

But she still can recall how she loved flying at a young age.

Today, 23-year-old Yasmeen has fulfilled her dream. She was trained in flying academies in Jordan and the US and recently became the second Saudi women to receive a commercial pilot licence.

“After God, my family has the biggest role,” Yasmeen told Gulf News on the phone from Jeddah. “They stood next to me and supported me. I owe all this to my family.”

Continue reading at:

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-arabia/second-saudi-arabian-woman-secures-co

Let us know what airlines she'll be flying for so we can avoid them.

She probably will be great at her job. Many women are now flying commercial planes. We also have women pilots in the Armed Services who do a great job. However, of course, it is your choice to fly the airline you wish to. I would have no problem with her sitting up in the cockpit of an American airline.

Her head will, obviously, become unattached to her body soon.

I hate that country more than China.

She probably will be great at her job. Many women are now flying commercial planes. We also have women pilots in the Armed Services who do a great job. However, of course, it is your choice to fly the airline you wish to. I would have no problem with her sitting up in the cockpit of an American airline.
I'm sure she'll do just fine until she receives orders to fly her plane into some symbol of American capitalism or freedom to strike fear into the hearts of the infidels.

Forum List

Back