Second thoughts on being an organ donor

This is an interesting comment by someone. I wonder how this became law without our consent?

In the U.S., it is law in most states that when anyone dies in a hospital, the hospital is required by law to contact the agency in the state which deals with organ donation. The agency then pressures the family to donate the organs of their loved one; even when that person was not designated as a organ donor. My father was not listed as a organ donor and did not want to donate his organs. Yet, when he died, my brother donated his eyes and other organs. I could not understand how this could happen so I called a friend of mine that owns and operates a funeral home. She told me about this 'little known' law. She also told me that most of the bodies they receive now are missing their organs.

So it is the law now that the state must be notified the Organ Donor Agency so that the Agency can contact family members and pressure them to donate the organs of the deceased who already made it clear he or she doesn't wish to have their organs harvested! Wow! I wonder how many funeral homes can confirm that the bodies are missing their organs upon arrival there? That would make a great story. Doctors harvesting organs by telling family members their loved ones are brain dead - how convenient that they put that one boy into a drug induced coma in order to trick his father into believing he was brain dead! Thank God that boy had a father who said NO WAY and got a second opinion.

These doctors should be prosecuted for attempted murder. ALL OF THEM. I bet this is going on across the nation. How else could they get organs from a live person other than to lie to family members and say they are brain dead?

From personal experience, when it became obvious that my mother wasn't going to survive, the hospital contacted me about organ donation. I was approached in the hospital. They were practiced and intended to take advantage of me in what they believed was a vulnerable position. Instead of the malleable grieving daughter, they found a harridan who launched into a profanity laced tirade on their ghoulishness. The organ donation persuasion lasted a very short time. I believe they intended a personal plea from the family seeking a donation. Except that wouldn't have worked out very well.

Do not show weakness to these animals. That's what they depend on. They depend on someone who is weak and able to be bent. They will take advantage of you any way they can to get what they want.
Did they give you some numbers for some mental help soon after?

Don't you wish.

Patient Wakes Up Right Before Doctors Remove Organs - ABC News

It was exactly midnight when Caroline Burns eerily opened her eyes and looked at the operating lights above her, shocking doctors who believed she was dead and were about to remove her organs and donate them to patients on the transplant waiting list.

The Syracuse Post-Standard unearthed a report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that chronicled the series of errors that led to the near-organ removal on a living patient at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center in Syracuse, N.Y., in 2009.

"The patient did not suffer a cardiopulmonary arrest (as documented) and did not have irreversible brain damage," the HHS report concluded. "The patient did not meet criteria for withdrawal of care."

According to the report, doctors had inaccurately diagnosed Burns with irreversible brain damage and ignored nurses who'd noticed signs that Burns was improving: She curled her toes when touched, flared her nostrils and moved her mouth and tongue. She was also breathing on her own even though she was on a respirator.

Mistakes happen, and it sounds like doctors were ignorant.

99.99% of people who have their organs harvested are dead.
Wrong.
You have to be alive or the organs will not be useful

From personal experience, when it became obvious that my mother wasn't going to survive, the hospital contacted me about organ donation. I was approached in the hospital. They were practiced and intended to take advantage of me in what they believed was a vulnerable position. Instead of the malleable grieving daughter, they found a harridan who launched into a profanity laced tirade on their ghoulishness. The organ donation persuasion lasted a very short time. I believe they intended a personal plea from the family seeking a donation. Except that wouldn't have worked out very well.

Do not show weakness to these animals. That's what they depend on. They depend on someone who is weak and able to be bent. They will take advantage of you any way they can to get what they want.

Don't you wish.

I do, but only because I care.

Don't you wish.

No you don't! If you cared about Katz you wouldn't be using the story of his mothers passing away in hospital as a point of attack for your seeking mental help soon after comment. You are actually quite wrong to have used that opportunity. Some things are no laughing matter.

I think you should apologize to him. If you have any class at all you will.

-Jeremiah

Sounds to me like business is booming .... The doctors at St. Josephs didn't make a mistake. They got caught and should be charged with attempted murder.

Agreed that there should be some form of punishment for such medical malpractice.

However, the opinion that "business is booming," is not supported by any evidence.

Don't you wish.

No you don't! If you cared about Katz you wouldn't be using the story of his mothers passing away in hospital as a point of attack for your seeking mental help soon after comment. You are actually quite wrong to have used that opportunity. Some things are no laughing matter.

-Jeremiah

I'm actually a "her".

It's mostly women who think I'm a man, probably because I"m so pissing mean, they think I'm the kind of guy who will give them the discipline they crave. They need to go on over to Sunni Man for that.

Everyday, you guys still manage to amaze me. You're so invested in being persecuted that everything becomes a massive conspiracy against you.

The plural of "anecdote" isn't "data". Thousands of people donate their organs everyday, yet two anecdotes of mistakes become "proof" in your minds that the massive organ conspiracy is going to kill you and harvest your organs.

This is an interesting comment by someone. I wonder how this became law without our consent?

In the U.S., it is law in most states that when anyone dies in a hospital, the hospital is required by law to contact the agency in the state which deals with organ donation. The agency then pressures the family to donate the organs of their loved one; even when that person was not designated as a organ donor. My father was not listed as a organ donor and did not want to donate his organs. Yet, when he died, my brother donated his eyes and other organs. I could not understand how this could happen so I called a friend of mine that owns and operates a funeral home. She told me about this 'little known' law. She also told me that most of the bodies they receive now are missing their organs.

So it is the law now that the state must be notified the Organ Donor Agency so that the Agency can contact family members and pressure them to donate the organs of the deceased who already made it clear he or she doesn't wish to have their organs harvested! Wow! I wonder how many funeral homes can confirm that the bodies are missing their organs upon arrival there? That would make a great story. Doctors harvesting organs by telling family members their loved ones are brain dead - how convenient that they put that one boy into a drug induced coma in order to trick his father into believing he was brain dead! Thank God that boy had a father who said NO WAY and got a second opinion.

These doctors should be prosecuted for attempted murder. ALL OF THEM. I bet this is going on across the nation. How else could they get organs from a live person other than to lie to family members and say they are brain dead?

It takes a very special type of person to call people who have dedicated their lives to the health and wellbeing of others "animals".

We have no idea how many of those thousands were dead before their organs were stolen. After all, they don't have an opportunity to complain.

It takes a very special type of person to call people who have dedicated their lives to the health and wellbeing of others "animals".

It takes a very special kind of animal to try to take advantage of someone the animal perceives to be weak and suggestive. They are like sharks smelling blood in the water. It's a time to attack and force your will on someone else.

It takes a very special kind of animal to try to take advantage of someone the animal perceives to be weak and suggestive. They are like sharks smelling blood in the water. It's a time to attack and force your will on someone else.

I would respond, but I think the insanity of your post speaks for itself.

It must be miserable, living inside your head.

Don't you wish.

-Jeremiah

Her death was not the reason for my comment.

We have no idea how many of those thousands were dead before their organs were stolen. After all, they don't have an opportunity to complain.

So because you FEAR being alive when your organs are harvested, that is enough reason to refuse donation?

Well that's an episode of Twighlight Zone.

I'm still gonna stay on the organ donor registry list.

I've been on it since I was an 11 year old kid. I am not removing myself from it, no matter what.

Why? Do you think you'd be able to see if somebody else had your eyes? Or think if somebody else had your brain? (although they can't transplant brains yet). Somebody's liver might have hep....their kidneys could have AIDS fragments...

I may give my knees to the needy but nobody gets my pecker! :nono:

Forum List

Back