Second thoughts on being an organ donor

Well that's an episode of Twighlight Zone.

I'm still gonna stay on the organ donor registry list.

I've been on it since I was an 11 year old kid. I am not removing myself from it, no matter what.

Why? Do you think you'd be able to see if somebody else had your eyes? Or think if somebody else had your brain? (although they can't transplant brains yet). Somebody's liver might have hep....their kidneys could have AIDS fragments...

I may give my knees to the needy but nobody gets my pecker! :nono:

I'm clean from hep and AIDS. If I'm dead I'm not using the parts anymore, and if it gives someone extra time with thier family why not. Right now my uncle's eyes are giving someone else sight,I think it's a great gift.

I've been on it since I was an 11 year old kid. I am not removing myself from it, no matter what.

Why? Do you think you'd be able to see if somebody else had your eyes? Or think if somebody else had your brain? (although they can't transplant brains yet). Somebody's liver might have hep....their kidneys could have AIDS fragments...

I'm clean from hep and AIDS. If I'm dead I'm not using the parts anymore, and if it gives someone extra time with thier family why not. Right now my uncle's eyes are giving someone else sight,I think it's a great gift.

Are you certain there is no reincarnation? If there is, your uncle might be blind in his next life....but I see your point, It should be an individual decision, and not made hastily while getting your drivers license. I've decided to be cremated and my ashes spread in a river near where I was born to complete my life circle. If a fish snags an ash, and in turn is eaten by a hawk, that then attacks a pheasant that lives but is shot and eaten by a hunter.....I could get into new DNA like that and have a shot at another life.....maybe as a surfer dude.....I've never surfed but it looks like a blast. :neutral:

Last edited:
Well that's an episode of Twighlight Zone.

I'm still gonna stay on the organ donor registry list.

Because it saves lives of others that desperately need what you do not.

I see no reason whatsoever to not be a donor. To me it is the absolute epitome of selfishness, to demand that what you no longer need and can save another life but you still want to keep it.

It is a personal decision though; government cannot get involved in that other than obliterating those doctors that make a ‘mistake’ this bad. If there is a problem here then there needs to be more protections that safeguard organs BUT that does not negate the need to have viable organs to save lives.

Perhaps, at one time, we will be able to clone and grow the organs that we need but until then, this is all we have.

Forum List

Back