Secret Service Exposes Part of Dems Character Assassination of Rear Admiral Jackson

snowflake is a leftist term.
If you say so..I have to admit though, that I first heard Right-wing types use it--and most still do. I have to disagree...I do believe that it entered the lexicon thought the Right wing. If you have some examples prior to the last Presidential election..of Left wing types using it..I'd love to see them.

Right wing nutz referring to Left wing nutz...is the way I've seen it..for at least the last two years.

In any case..it's a immature and babyish term..that immediately shows me just what kind of fool I'm reading. Left or Right being irrelevant to my judgment.
Snowflake (slang) - Wikipedia

"Unique/special snowflake[edit]
It is popularly believed but not scientifically proven that each snowflake has a unique structure.[3][4] In 1996, Chuck Palahniuk's novel Fight Club was published containing the quote: "you are not special, you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake". The 1999 film adaptation of the novel also contains this line. Following Fight Club, the terminology "special snowflake" and "special snowflake syndrome" was applied to individuals who behaved as if they were very special. Such terminology refers to a person who believes their status as a unique individual means they are destined for great success and/or that they deserve a special career with abundant praise and admiration.[5] According to Merriam-Webster, in the 2000s, snowflake referred "mostly to millennials who were allegedly too convinced of their own status as special and unique people to be able (or bothered) to handle the normal trials and travails of regular adult life".[2]

Palahniuk has often been credited with coining the metaphorical use of snowflake.[1] According to Meriam-Webster, however, "Palahniuk was hardly the first person to use the metaphor. It's the stuff of self-help books and inspirational posters and elementary school assurances. The imagery before negation is lovely; we are each unique snowflakes, each worth treasuring because each is uniquely beautiful. Palahniuk's denial of the individual's snowflake status struck a chord."[2] The unique as a snowflake metaphor has been used with elementary school students to celebrate their individuality and teamwork.[6]"
Lame...I read the same page..you seem to have left out the Political connotations.

This is exactly what I hate the most about our discourse..the deliberate dishonesty of many who select the parts of definitions they like..and leave out the parts they do not...if you did the google search..and I see you did..you would have come across many references bolstering my point..but you chose to ignore them...and focus on the narrow definition you posted.

Just because it started as a movie quote does not mean that it stayed with that generic meaning..as you should well know. In any event..you have nothing to say that it started as a Left wing thing..at all--as you contended.

Total fail.
hahahahaha, you wanted the origin. I gave it to you, and I failed? hahahahahahahha in your dreams snowflake.
You are an idiot..as anyone reading this thread can see--I asked you for some example of the left using the term prior to last Presidential election..you failed. You refuse to admit the term..as used in politics and as used on social media..is a right wing insult. Why you refuse, I can't say..ashamed maybe?

Devastated by Brexit? Snowflake. Protesting the election of Donald J. Trump? Precious snowflake. Asking to take down a statue of a racist on your campus? Classic Generation Snowflake. Sexual assault survivors requesting trigger warnings on texts that include graphic rape scenes? Special snowflakes. Last November, snowflake was deemed one of Collins English Dictionary’s words of the year. That same month, the L.A. Times included snowflake in “a guide to the language of the ‘alt-right.’” The Guardian called it “the defining insult of 2016.”

“I think it’s gone beyond slang,” said Jonathon Green, slang lexicographer and author of several dictionaries of slang. “It’s a very specific, very politicized insult.”

Urban Dictionary
quote that ask for me.

[And it looks like they got away with it since he has withdrew his nomination and will no longer be the WH physician. Retirement is on the horizon I would suspect.

WHY? Jackson may have withdrawn his name, but he came out of this unscathed - his reputation, his career untainted, as it has now been proven that the Democrats despicably lied and made false accusations .... again. Not only has it been made clear that Liberals repeatedly engage in this disgusting pattern, it has been revealed that the US / Vets just lost a good man for the job due to the 'criminal' character assassination attempt by Democrats...
As a vet...I'm relieved that Jackson is not going to be the head of the VA. He has no experience leading such a large organization and would have surely mucked it up. The truth is, is that the VA has few friends in DC--it's seen as a money pit. The VA needs a non-partisan, experienced leader--who can stand up to the indifference.

I'm withholding my opinion as to whether or not he is blameless as regards some of the allegations leveled against him. I do feel that he should have stuck it out..if he had nothing to fear. No, I don't think that biased Right-wing sources are enough to 'clear' him. They may be right..they may be wrong--but they have an axe to grind as well..and a deplorable..Lol, did I say that??...Deplorable record of accuracy.
I also feel that the allegations needed a hearing--Jackson should have been able to face his accusers...and I believe that anonymous sources should have no credence.

No experience, no problem. Why, look at that de vos character they put in charge of education. No experience, no problem. Repugs will probably try to privatize the v.a. anyway so...
Yes..and this..is exactly what I'm against..Privatization.
right, we know you are. you want the blacks held down. under your thumb as Mick would sing.
What in hell does blacks have to do with the VA and the argument for or against privatization??

Doing some wake and bake this morning?

If you say so..I have to admit though, that I first heard Right-wing types use it--and most still do. I have to disagree...I do believe that it entered the lexicon thought the Right wing. If you have some examples prior to the last Presidential election..of Left wing types using it..I'd love to see them.

Right wing nutz referring to Left wing nutz...is the way I've seen it..for at least the last two years.

In any case..it's a immature and babyish term..that immediately shows me just what kind of fool I'm reading. Left or Right being irrelevant to my judgment.

It is popularly believed but not scientifically proven that each snowflake has a unique structure.[3][4] In 1996, Chuck Palahniuk's novel Fight Club was published containing the quote: "you are not special, you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake". The 1999 film adaptation of the novel also contains this line. Following Fight Club, the terminology "special snowflake" and "special snowflake syndrome" was applied to individuals who behaved as if they were very special. Such terminology refers to a person who believes their status as a unique individual means they are destined for great success and/or that they deserve a special career with abundant praise and admiration.[5] According to Merriam-Webster, in the 2000s, snowflake referred "mostly to millennials who were allegedly too convinced of their own status as special and unique people to be able (or bothered) to handle the normal trials and travails of regular adult life".[2]

Palahniuk has often been credited with coining the metaphorical use of snowflake.[1] According to Meriam-Webster, however, "Palahniuk was hardly the first person to use the metaphor. It's the stuff of self-help books and inspirational posters and elementary school assurances. The imagery before negation is lovely; we are each unique snowflakes, each worth treasuring because each is uniquely beautiful. Palahniuk's denial of the individual's snowflake status struck a chord."[2] The unique as a snowflake metaphor has been used with elementary school students to celebrate their individuality and teamwork.[6]"
Lame...I read the same page..you seem to have left out the Political connotations.

This is exactly what I hate the most about our discourse..the deliberate dishonesty of many who select the parts of definitions they like..and leave out the parts they do not...if you did the google search..and I see you did..you would have come across many references bolstering my point..but you chose to ignore them...and focus on the narrow definition you posted.

Just because it started as a movie quote does not mean that it stayed with that generic meaning..as you should well know. In any event..you have nothing to say that it started as a Left wing thing..at all--as you contended.

Total fail.
hahahahaha, you wanted the origin. I gave it to you, and I failed? hahahahahahahha in your dreams snowflake.
You are an idiot..as anyone reading this thread can see--I asked you for some example of the left using the term prior to last Presidential election..you failed. You refuse to admit the term..as used in politics and as used on social media..is a right wing insult. Why you refuse, I can't say..ashamed maybe?

Devastated by Brexit? Snowflake. Protesting the election of Donald J. Trump? Precious snowflake. Asking to take down a statue of a racist on your campus? Classic Generation Snowflake. Sexual assault survivors requesting trigger warnings on texts that include graphic rape scenes? Special snowflakes. Last November, snowflake was deemed one of Collins English Dictionary’s words of the year. That same month, the L.A. Times included snowflake in “a guide to the language of the ‘alt-right.’” The Guardian called it “the defining insult of 2016.”

“I think it’s gone beyond slang,” said Jonathon Green, slang lexicographer and author of several dictionaries of slang. “It’s a very specific, very politicized insult.”

Urban Dictionary
quote that ask for me.
I was explaining the politics to you. Perhaps you should get someone to explain it to you.
Stop Lying. 'Need a Tissue' is childish and has nothing to do with 'politics'. It is the response one would expect from a 6yo...so is trying to spin their getting spanked for making a childish remark and being called on it.
Kind of like using the term 'snowflake', right?

As you see....

Total fail.

Urban Dictionary
quote that ask for me.
I was explaining the politics to you. Perhaps you should get someone to explain it to you.
Stop Lying. 'Need a Tissue' is childish and has nothing to do with 'politics'. It is the response one would expect from a 6yo...so is trying to spin their getting spanked for making a childish remark and being called on it.

As you see....
It's what I gave you. I answered your ask.

Total fail.

Urban Dictionary
quote that ask for me.

As you see....
Indeed..you feel that Fight Club was a leftist movie? That preschoolers using the term to demonstrate their uniqueness is left wing?

Your post was intellectually dishonest...if you don't see that..or are unwilling to admit that...is not my problem.

Jackson was the President's pick to become the new Veteran's Affairs Secretary...The Democrats responded as usual, engaging in a complete character assassination of a nominee, attempting to personally destroy the man to prevent the President from getting his pick confirmed.

The Secret Service just stepped up to call one accusation against Jackson a lie, 1st reported by 'fake news' CNN:

“A thorough review of internal documents related to all Presidential foreign travel that occurred in 2015, in addition to interviews of personnel who were present during foreign travel that occurred during the same time frame, has resulted in no information that would indicate the allegation is accurate.”
--- Secret Service

As for the other 2 accusations against Jackson:

'Wrecked Car':
- 'The White House on Friday said officials had conducted a thorough review of presidential physician Ronny L. Jackson’s vehicle records and found three minor incidents but no evidence that he “wrecked” a car after drinking at a Secret Service going-away party, as was alleged in a document released by Senate Democrats this week.'

NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIMS! (Sound familiar?)

'The Candy Man':
- 'The White House also produced more than two years’ worth of audits of the White House Medical Unit’s handling of prescriptions and medications, all of which showed no problems.'

NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIMS! (Sound familiar?)

"Needless to say, these allegations were shocking to most people, given the glowing letters of his previous job performances from both Presidents G.W. Bush and Obama, along with the full support of President Trump that was reported about after Trump nominated the man for the job."

Yeah, the FALSE ACCUSATIONS made against Rear Admiral Jackson by the '100%-Committed-Obstructionist Trump-Hating Leftist Extremists were 'shocking'.

What is NOT 'shocking' is finding out now that all of their accusations were LIES - part of a character assassination not supported by any evidence and was refuted even by the Secret Service. What was also not 'shocking' was how, faced with possibly negative / embarrassing claims against a Trump candidate made by Liberal Obstructionists / Character Assassins the cowardly GOP folded like a cheap suit, did not fight back, and simply asked Jackson to withdraw.

Secret Service denies allegations against Rear Admiral Jackson

The fact is that this was not a Democrat plot. It was Republicans who POSTPONED the hearings. The accusations came from people within the unit and not Democrats. Clearly Tester was working with the Republican chairman when he described the accusations that had been made. Many of these people are military as well. Yet you throw them under the bus because they dare to question the emperor.

The Secret Service did not deny the allegations. They could find no evidence to support or deny the claims. Had there been a hearing then one would assume that we would have had the people making the allegations coming forward.

The fact is that the IG report was more than enough to deny Jackson the nomination. If he cannot run a small medical unit then how could he run the VA. The Republicans are commended for taking this seriously and not turning this into a partisan issue like Trump trash like you.

Another thing this does, is it will cost the dems a great deal of time
and money to research all the allegations, to attempt to prove that
any of them were correct.

They have no choice but to do that or they will be out one Senator from
Montana.

It amazes me, how the dems are so gullible. I used to despise the GOP
because they always picked the wrong fight. The Donald is now so far
into these peoples' minds he's got them doing his own deflection for him.

He's already a master at getting people to look over there instead of over
here, and now these spitwads are doing that for him.

And they have to hurry...because the WHCD is fixin' to take center stage.

They'll be trying to explain that snafu for a month.

It amazes me how gullible Trump supporters are. The accusations were made by people within Jackson's unit. They should have been treated seriously. The people of Montana are smarter than you think.

Urban Dictionary
quote that ask for me.

As you see....
Indeed..you feel that Fight Club was a leftist movie? That preschoolers using the term to demonstrate their uniqueness is left wing?

Your post was intellectually dishonest...if you don't see that..or are unwilling to admit that...is not my problem.

And then conversation returned to the thread topic....

The Secret Service just came out and said Democrats lied and falsely accused Jackson. No one was / is shocked. End of story. Thank you for coming. Have a nice day.

Urban Dictionary
quote that ask for me.

As you see....

as easy said getting back to the topic of the thread....."The Secret Service just came out and said Democrats lied and falsely accused Jackson. No one was / is shocked. End of story. Thank you for coming. Have a nice day."

It amazes me how gullible Trump supporters are...

...says one of the guys who bought hook, line, and sinker the lie that there was any illegal Trump-Russia collusion to interfere in the 2016 election, a narrative started by the Democrats...who interfered in the 2016 election by rigging primaries, cheating in debates, engaging in election fraud during the primaries, screwed Bernie and his supporters out of the DNC nomination he would have won, paid $12 million to foreign spies working with Russians to obtain a propaganda-filled debunked report illegally used by Hillary in a US election and illegally used by the FBI to obtain warrants to spy on the GOP nominee during an election (making Watergate look like a joke), and protecting a felon from indictment so she could be on the ballot because 'it was her turn'....

Mwuhahahaha.... :p

So he quit despite having all of the facts on his side (allegedly)?

Curious.

No, not curious at all. Much like Herman Cain, he came to the conclusion that serving his country was not worth the despicable, vile personal attacks and attempts to destroy him - which effects not only him but puts his wife and kids through the grinder publicly as well - just wasn't worth it.

When asked before he withdrew his name if the Rear Admiral would do so, Trump responded by saying that he would if he were Jackson, going up for confirmation for VA Sec. Who would wan to continue going through such a vicious, baseless personal attack, dragging his family through that?!

And other posters nailed it - these disgusting liberal PsOS have nothing to lose by attempting to destroy someone's good name, their career, their family, etc for political gain. If they get 'out'ed as liars and horrific people, others simply shrug and move on. Their attackers don't even issue so much as an apology because they simply have no shame.

Put another way, he didn’t want the scrutiny.

No, in other words, he did not want to go through or put his family through the Democrat gauntlet of vile, despicable LIES and CHARACER ASSASSINATION.

That is a convenient rationalization. This was not a Democrat gauntlet. The Committee has never voted against a VA nominee no matter what the party. Shulkin was nominated by Obama and confirmed unanimously.

Well, you seem to be crying. I did what any adult should do to a baby in distress.

That is a convenient rationalization.
No, it is FACT. The Secret Service just came out ... AGAIN ... to once AGAIN prove the accusations made by Democrats were FALSE - a LIE! I'm sorry - you lose, but we do have a lovely parting gift for you in the back on your way out. Have a nice day.

Put another way, he didn’t want the scrutiny.

No, in other words, he did not want to go through or put his family through the Democrat gauntlet of vile, despicable LIES and CHARACER ASSASSINATION.

So you agree, he didn’t want the scrutiny. At some point, he was going to be asked, under oath, about the President’s weight. He would have had to perjure himself or tell the truth. I wouldn’t be surprised if he floated these stories himself to take the 3rd door.

'Scrutiny' is the 'view under a microscope', the dissecting of one's personal and professional life, I, like I am sure he felt, have / had no problem with 'scrutiny'. What the Democrats did was not 'scrutiny'. What they did was to LIE, INTENTIONALLY FALSELY ACCUSE, ATTEMPT TO PERSONALLY DESTROY JACKSON - his long distinguished career, his reputation, his livelihood...

No, I do NOT agree with you.

And it looks like they got away with it since he has withdrew his nomination and will no longer be the WH physician. Retirement is on the horizon I would suspect.

"got away with" is the expression used when some unlawful, despicable, dishonest and typically Democrat/progressive tactic was used and the perpetrators managed to avoid the consequences.

He’s welcome to try his luck. Eventually he will be asked about the Presidential physical under oath.

Well, you seem to be crying.
I guess having your head so firmly planted in your rectum has skewed your perception. I am not crying. I am actually taking great pleasure in pointing out that Democrats who engaged in this character assassination have been exposed as being liars...again.

Urban Dictionary
quote that ask for me.

As you see....

as easy said getting back to the topic of the thread....."The Secret Service just came out and said Democrats lied and falsely accused Jackson. No one was / is shocked. End of story. Thank you for coming. Have a nice day."

They did not. The story is that they could neither confirm nor deny the story. The accusations were made by individuals within Jackson's medical unit not Democrats. The topic is a lie.

quote that ask for me.

As you see....

They did not. The story is that they could neither confirm nor deny the story. The accusations were made by individuals within Jackson's medical unit not Democrats. The topic is a lie.

As are all of the OP’s threads

They did not. The story is that they could neither confirm nor deny the story.
Yeah, that's the pathetic defense Mueller is trying to use:

'Just because we have no evidence to support any of our accusations does not mean it didn't happen...'

Bwuhahahahaha......

quote that ask for me.

As you see....

the story is that there is no evidence.

Forum List

Back