Secretly Taping in the White House Situation Room

Anyone know the law in D.C. regarding one of two parties taping conversations and phone calls?

In some states both parties must be aware they’re being recorded. In others only one party, which doesn’t make much sense to me because the one doing the taping obviously consents to it and the other’s screwed.

With the lies Trump tells, it is a matter of survival in a Trump White House

In private, the dotard looks on at her with pride. She learned to use the sleaze for fame and money, and she bested her master. A proud moment, passing the baton.

I say 20 years hard labor.

What is the crime?

Breach of security. The Situation Room is a Top Secret area like the nuclear sub a where sailor took pictures. No cameras or recording devices.

That is bad behavior. But you have not identified a criminal act. White House staffers are not members of the military, and therefore are not subject to UCMJ rules. Unless you can find a statute that criminalizes recordings in the Situation Room, then there is no crime to speak off.

We've seen photographic recordings out of the Situation Room in the past, which demonstrates that recordings are not generally prohibited by law. Had the recording contained classified information, there would obviously be a crime. But that is not the case, as best as we know. It's bad behavior. And ironically, her conduct supports Kelly's allegations heard on the tape. It's a severe integrity breach. It's the kind of thing that would justify firing someone. It suggests that she likely had already been engaging in generally malicious conduct. But still not a crime.

What is the crime?

Breach of security. The Situation Room is a Top Secret area like the nuclear sub a where sailor took pictures. No cameras or recording devices.
Don't they search? Is there some notification?

People with a clearance know the rules. That is, with the exception of Omarosa and Cankles. They both are too effing stupid to be held accountable

Why are they NOT recording ? I thought all thy crap was supposed to be on record ?

What is the crime?

That is bad behavior. But you have not identified a criminal act. White House staffers are not members of the military, and therefore are not subject to UCMJ rules. Unless you can find a statute that criminalizes recordings in the Situation Room, then there is no crime to speak off.

We've seen photographic recordings out of the Situation Room in the past, which demonstrates that recordings are not generally prohibited by law. Had the recording contained classified information, there would obviously be a crime. But that is not the case, as best as we know. It's bad behavior. And ironically, her conduct supports Kelly's allegations heard on the tape. It's a severe integrity breach. It's the kind of thing that would justify firing someone. It suggests that she likely had already been engaging in generally malicious conduct. But still not a crime.

I see you have never held a TS clearance. I have and she committed a gross violation.

Omarosa Is playing chicken with them. If they charge her with a fairly minor crime like recording , she gets to challange her accusers in open court . You really think they want that?

Omarosa Is playing chicken with them. If they charge her with a fairly minor crime like recording , she gets to challange her accusers in open court . You really think they want that?

"They" don't give a rat's as what she does.

Why take her into the Situation Room in the first place? Did she have security clearance to go in there? Why not take her to a crowded restaurant to fire her so she could not make a scene?

Forum List

Back