Secularism's Refusal To Recognize Evil

Chicago, proof of evil how many murders this year? Humans are animals with murderous animalistic instincts.
Of course you mean blacks are murdering each other in huge numbers and BLM wants to focus on a few bad police shootings by (white) cops instead. They are delusional at best, or at worst, they are liars and frauds.
Hmmmmmm................................ When was the last time a black killed 58, and wounded 500 in one shooting spree?

"Gosnell book sheds light on ‘America’s most prolific serial killer’"
Gosnell book sheds light on ‘America’s most prolific serial killer’

Gosnell, who is black, is responsible for " nearly 100 living babies were gruesomely murderedmoments after birth."
Meet Serial Killer Kermit Gosnell

Kermit-Gosnell1304121.jpg
A progressive poster child...

Chicago, proof of evil how many murders this year? Humans are animals with murderous animalistic instincts.
Of course you mean blacks are murdering each other in huge numbers and BLM wants to focus on a few bad police shootings by (white) cops instead. They are delusional at best, or at worst, they are liars and frauds.
Hmmmmmm................................ When was the last time a black killed 58, and wounded 500 in one shooting spree?

Ah, race card wow shocker. Did I say blacks are animals? No I said humans are animals. :itsok:

The private money based system has failed America! Everyone of the top 20 healthcare systems on earth have some form of single payer but you won't even consider it.

Why? Because you only care about the 5% at the top! To hell with human life or quality of life in this nation.

The private money based system has failed America! Everyone of the top 20 healthcare systems on earth have some form of single payer but you won't even consider it.

Why? Because you only care about the 5% at the top! To hell with human life or quality of life in this nation.
Keep your single payer to your progressives selves, I don’t care just as long as you leave the rest of us out of it. It does not require our participation

Are you saying that the BIble is wrong? What sort of a Christian are you?

Nope. Got my Bachelors from Liberty U (you know, the Christian university) and my Masters from St Louis University (you know, the Jesuit university) . Though I did graduate from the government ran Marine Corps Boot Camp if that counts.
Then you should know Christ defines Christianity Christians do not, The Bible if not taken as a whole is a bunch of gibberish and is out of context

Christ defines Christianity as being "Christ like". I have not ran across a single person on this forum that would come close to that description.

" I have not ran (sic) across ..."

See what I mean.

You dunce.

yeah, grammar was never my thing that is why I got my degrees in analytics, it is all about the numbers.

But it is good to know I found a use for you, you can be my little grammar bitch and follow along behind me at 3 paces and fix my grammar! Seems a job you are well trained for.
You seem very angry

Hell no, this place is a blast. Who could be angry with all this fun going on?

Clearly you failed at 'analytics,' as well.

Seems you haven't been too successful at anything, have you.

you do not think I actually read all this bull shit you posted, do you? :haha:

I love it.

Imbeciles rush to post a dozen responses.....and when they receive the spanking they deserve.....they write " you do not think I actually read all this bull s**t you posted, do you?"

Priceless!

You are just entertainment, nothing more. you are the court jester! :thewave:

The court jester with a copy and paste complex. LOL

And one that has no clue about the religion she claims to follow. The Reformation has nothing to do with why Christians do not follow the Mosaic laws. But she is too stupid to know that.

8. "What defines Europe [and America] are its boundaries – not physical but cultural. Without its culture, [Western civilization] could not be distinguished from the rest of the world.

And the pillar of this culture is based on the Judeo-Christian heritage and values.

....Melanie Phillips stated that the Church of England, by embracing trendy ideological extravagances such as gender ideology, is now culturally "sowing the seeds of its destruction." The goal of all this "inclusivity," according to Phillips, is actually to "overthrow the Christian basis of the West".

As the progressive publication Prospect asked, "if we are no longer a Christian country, what are we?"
Is the UK Overthrowing the Christian Basis of the West?

The answer can be found here:
To embrace tolerance is to cease to believe in anything.

Chesterton

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Leviticus 20:13

Beware of those who quote the Bible as justification for whom they want to kill.

And do not forget this great method of child discipline...

18 “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, 19 then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, 20 and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Oooo......so very sorry, you dunce....

...but the shelf life on your argument ran out a thousand years ago..

Now.....the love affair that Liberals have with the religion of 'submission,' the one that is responsible for slaughter and oppression currently.....

.....assaults all from the headlines daily.

The only conclusion possible is that you are a government school grad.

True?

Are you saying that the BIble is wrong? What sort of a Christian are you?

Nope. Got my Bachelors from Liberty U (you know, the Christian university) and my Masters from St Louis University (you know, the Jesuit university) . Though I did graduate from the government ran Marine Corps Boot Camp if that counts.
Then you should know Christ defines Christianity Christians do not, The Bible if not taken as a whole is a bunch of gibberish and is out of context

Christ defines Christianity as being "Christ like". I have not ran across a single person on this forum that would come close to that description.

I don't know many Christians that come close to that description....

I love it.

Imbeciles rush to post a dozen responses.....and when they receive the spanking they deserve.....they write " you do not think I actually read all this bull s**t you posted, do you?"

Priceless!

Don't insult court jesters. They served a political purpose of pointing out the foibles of the rich and powerful. Cut and paste Poligirl only apes and parrots the rich and powerful. She doesn't challenge, she regurgitates.

I love it.

Priceless!

Don't insult court jesters. They served a political purpose of pointing out the foibles of the rich and powerful. Cut and paste Poligirl only apes and parrots the rich and powerful. She doesn't challenge, she regurgitates.

I surely haven't seen any meaningful OPs from you, ever!

I love it.

Priceless!

Something in the OP struck a nerve.....one wonders why you were unable to respond to it in any way?

Try again?

1. Don't confuse 'secular' with 'urbane.'

To be 'urbane' is to be hip, refined, suave, fin de siècle…a cool dude.

Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. 'Secular' is the direct result of the Enlightenment, and the French Revolution. Religion was no more than superstition.

Instead of morality and the Bible, society was to be guided by reason and science, with the unspoken understanding that everyone simply knew how to behave, and, in fact, agreed with what was called 'the general will.'

The corollary of this new ethos is that there is no such thing as 'evil:' reason could now explain every behavior, no matter how hideous or villainous.

"…evil became medical instead of medieval. The diagnosis was more enlightened….It is the difference between saying 'The man is a paranoid schizophrenic, driven by homicidal delusions,' and 'The man is evil.'

The difference, of course, relates to responsibility and punishment. The paranoid schizophrenic is himself a victim…."
Lance Morrow, "Evil: An Investigation," p. 177

3. The result is how society deals with those who take the lives of innocents.

Genesis 9:6 prescribed the death penalty for murder when it said that if a man “shed the blood” of another man, by man must his blood be shed. The only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

a. To add insult to injury, well-intentioned Christians will often attempt to comfort the families of murder victims by suggesting that “God works in mysterious ways” as if He were somehow responsible for allowing the murder to occur. http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=223#null

b. "Capital punishment is to the whole society what self-defense is to the individual." "The Ethics of Life and Death," J.P. Moreland, p. 115.

c. "It is based on the assumption that normal adult beings are rational and moral beings who knew better, who could have done otherwise, but yet who chose to do evil anyway, and who therefore deserve to be punished." JPM, Op. Cit. p. 118

4. Yet a secular society supposedly based on reason and science, does everything possible to ignore reason and science when it come to recognizing evil….there is copious evidence that the death penalty saves innocent lives….

"Most commentators who oppose capital punishment assert that an execution has no deterrent effect on future crimes. Recent evidence, however, suggests that the death penalty, when carried out, has an enormous deterrent effect on the number of murders. More precisely, our recent research shows that each execution carried out is correlated with about 74 fewer murders the following year.

For any society concerned about human life, that type of evidence is something that should be taken very seriously."
Capital Punishment Works

Can't you find ANYTHING in it that you can refute?

ANYTHING????

I love it.

Priceless!

Something in the OP struck a nerve.....one wonders why you were unable to respond to it in any way?

Try again?

Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

2. 'Secular' is the direct result of the Enlightenment, and the French Revolution. Religion was no more than superstition.

Instead of morality and the Bible, society was to be guided by reason and science, with the unspoken understanding that everyone simply knew how to behave, and, in fact, agreed with what was called 'the general will.'

The corollary of this new ethos is that there is no such thing as 'evil:' reason could now explain every behavior, no matter how hideous or villainous.

"…evil became medical instead of medieval. The diagnosis was more enlightened….It is the difference between saying 'The man is a paranoid schizophrenic, driven by homicidal delusions,' and 'The man is evil.'

The difference, of course, relates to responsibility and punishment. The paranoid schizophrenic is himself a victim…."

Genesis 9:6 prescribed the death penalty for murder when it said that if a man “shed the blood” of another man, by man must his blood be shed. The only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

a. To add insult to injury, well-intentioned Christians will often attempt to comfort the families of murder victims by suggesting that “God works in mysterious ways” as if He were somehow responsible for allowing the murder to occur. http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=223#null

b. "Capital punishment is to the whole society what self-defense is to the individual." "The Ethics of Life and Death," J.P. Moreland, p. 115.

c. "It is based on the assumption that normal adult beings are rational and moral beings who knew better, who could have done otherwise, but yet who chose to do evil anyway, and who therefore deserve to be punished." JPM, Op. Cit. p. 118

4. Yet a secular society supposedly based on reason and science, does everything possible to ignore reason and science when it come to recognizing evil….there is copious evidence that the death penalty saves innocent lives….

"Most commentators who oppose capital punishment assert that an execution has no deterrent effect on future crimes. Recent evidence, however, suggests that the death penalty, when carried out, has an enormous deterrent effect on the number of murders. More precisely, our recent research shows that each execution carried out is correlated with about 74 fewer murders the following year.

For any society concerned about human life, that type of evidence is something that should be taken very seriously."
Capital Punishment Works

ANYTHING????

Don't call Poligirl a cut and paster....She will cut and paste something in response! :lol:

I'm not opposed to capital punishment...Once it's 100% guaranteed not to kill an innocent person.

One in 25 Sentenced to Death in the U.S. Is Innocent

I love it.

Priceless!

Try again?

Capital Punishment Works

ANYTHING????

Don't call Poligirl a cut and paster....She will cut and paste something in response! :lol:

I'm not opposed to capital punishment...Once it's 100% guaranteed not to kill an innocent person.

One in 25 Sentenced to Death in the U.S. Is Innocent

1. So you really can't find a single thing you feel capable of denying, or refuting?

Excellent.

I'll put you down as 'exposed and beaten into submission.'

M'kay?

2. And, as your reward, a lesson on 'cut and paste.'
a. You see, one who has been exposed to learning will often see the value of providing points of view from one with status or expertise in the area under discussion. And, in my view, to provide same without my words, adds the impact for which I strive.

b. Citing an authority with an established reputation is better, of course, than citing someone whose credentials are not so lofty. (http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/practical_guide.shtml)

c. Now, here’s where you come in: “A valid objection to this selection of sources may be the type of audience being addressed. Is the ‘pasted selection’ aimed at a specialized or a general audience? Do you find the level ‘over your head’ or is this source too elementary?” LibGuides: Critically Analyzing Information Sources: Critical Appraisal and Analysis)

2. Further, my posts, which you attempt to characterize in a pejorative manner, are perfect for the political nature of the USMB…as they represent an aspect of diversity which adds vitality to the board. Surely you notice that some post are clever, funny and witty, some bark and bawl, erupt in rage and bile, some are data and information-based.

a. Your reason for posting, it seems, is akin to the reasons you hung out in the boys bathroom in middle school, and require just as much effort: you mumble a few inconsequential utterances.

b. So, you see, each of us works to ability!

Why is Western culture better???

For context and clarity:

9. “We should by now have become used to the death cult that is thriving at the fringes of the Muslim world. This is the cult of people who are proud to declare, "You love life, but we love death." This is the cult that sent waves of defenseless children to be mowed down on the battlefields of the Iran-Iraq war, that trains kindergartners to become bombs, that fetishizes death, that sends people off joyfully to commit mass murder. Because the death cult is not really about the cause it purports to serve. It's about the sheer pleasure of killing and dying.” Cult of Death

a. It is the blood that informs the act. In the 1971 assassination of Jordan’s prime minister, Wasfi l-Tell, by PLO terrorists. “As he lay there, one of his killers bent over and lapped the blood that poured from his wounds.” http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226317/know-thy-enemy/michael-ledeen

b. Leading Muslim clerics often refer to the love of death. Chief Palestinian Authority cleric Mufti Sheikh Ikrimeh Sabri stated, "We tell them, in as much as you love life, the Muslim loves death and martyrdom.” http://old.nationalreview.com/comment/stalinsky200405240846.asp

c. And so, the ideals and idea of America, and the iconic message of the Declaration of Independence, ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,’ is anathema to Islamism, just as it was to fascism and communism, and every totalitarian philosophy.

10. Secular includes this characteristic: "asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people (Google).

To be 'secular' means, both the renunciation of the Judeo-Christian basis of our culture, and the refusal to recognize, much less confront, evil.

Forum List

Back