Self-funding my left testicle! So what?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
In presenting his healthcare ideas, Mr. Trump proposes to repeal Obamacare. I suspect "repeal Obamacare" was little but pandering to Republican rhetoric. There again one sees exactly the thing that is wrong with Mr. Trump's candidacy and that should not be wrong with it, that is, if he were indeed aiming to be a new kind of political leader.

Effin'-A, lead, that'd be different enough right there! What could be more different from what we are used to than innovative ideas that are clear and complete? Yet Mr. Trump is giving us nary a one of those two things in any aspect of his policies. He talks about being self-funding, yet he acts just like all the rest of them that aren't self funding.

So what's the point of his being self funding? So he can insult whomever he wants, however he wants, and do it without answering to campaign donors and party regulars? Bless his heart....

Screw that! Yes, Mr. Trump's insults amuse me, absolutely they do, but they don't do a tinker's dam for boosting my confidence in him as a leader. The tenor of Mr. Trump's insults certainly differ from that of personal attacks we've heard in prior election cycles. I'll accord him that. But so what? Different or not, like the personal attacks of yore, his sho' 'nuff don't tell me what he intends to actually try doing as President nor how. Not one bit!

Mr. Trump has the gall to talk about transparency. Well, his platform is transparent just like the cocktail glass sitting here on my desk. And you know how it's transparent like that? Because the damn glass is empty! That's how. I don't want some transparent policy ideas; I want something with some substance that I can see and grab hold of.

There's no denying that the promise of Mr. Trump's candidacy and imagined Presidency was once a legitimate cause for the American people to have great hope for a whole new approach to politics and governance. At this point, however, it's little but a dream deferred and discarded.

Last edited:
If he were to offer something of substance, I would be inclined to listen. However, I do not see that happening any time soon.

Now I shall sign off for the weekend, I do look forward to reading how the Trumpites lay siege to this thread though. Stand tough and carry on. This is goona be fun to read on Monday, can't hardly wait...

In presenting his healthcare ideas, Mr. Trump proposes to repeal Obamacare. I suspect "repeal Obamacare" was little but pandering to Republican rhetoric. There again one sees exactly the thing that is wrong with Mr. Trump's candidacy and that should not be wrong with it, that is, if he were indeed aiming to be a new kind of political leader.

Effin'-A, lead, that'd be different enough right there! What could be more different from what we are used to than innovative ideas that are clarity and completeness? Yet Mr. Trump is giving us nary a one of those three things in any aspect of his policies. He talks about being self-funding, yet he acts just like all the rest of them that aren't self funding.

So what's the point of his being self funding? So he can insult whomever he wants, however he wants, and do it without answering to campaign donors and party regulars? Bless his heart....

Screw that! Yes, Mr. Trump's insults amuse me, absolutely they do, but they don't do a tinker's dam for boosting my confidence in him as a leader. The tenor of Mr. Trump's insults certainly differ from that of personal attacks we've heard in prior election cycles. I'll accord him that. But so what? Different or not, like the personal attacks of yore, his sho' 'nuff don't tell me what he intends to actually try doing as President nor how. Not one bit!

Mr. Trump has the gall to talk about transparency. Well, his platform is transparent just like the cocktail glass sitting here on my desk. And you know how it's transparent like that? Because the damn glass is empty! That's how. I don't want some transparent policy ideas; I want something with some substance that I can see and grab hold of.

There's no denying that the promise of Mr. Trump's candidacy and imagined Presidency was once a legitimate cause for the American people to have great hope for a whole new approach to politics and governance. At this point, however, it's little but a dream deferred and discarded.
Based on your title, I knew there was a cocktail in there somewhere, before I even got to the empty glass! So un-buttoned for you!
So who do you think is better?

If he were to offer something of substance, I would be inclined to listen. However, I do not see that happening any time soon.

Now I shall sign off for the weekend, I do look forward to reading how the Trumpites lay siege to this thread though. Stand tough and carry on. This is goona be fun to read on Monday, can't hardly wait...

Off Topic:
I see you have a moniker for them too. LOL Mine is "Trumpeteers."

Based on your title, I knew there was a cocktail in there somewhere, before I even got to the empty glass! So un-buttoned for you!
So who do you think is better?

ROTFL

That post is uncharacteristic for me, not only in public and in writing, but also in general. FWIW, that post is near word-for-word the earful I got from Daddy last night when he and I spoke on the phone. I asked him for his thoughts following Mr. Romney's speech yesterday and the OP is what he shared.

There was more, but I didn't realize initially what tree I'd barked up in time to take some notes so I could share it afterwards. What doesn't come across in the OP is the thickly drawled, slow paced vocal tone of incredulity that I might not already know the truths he was sharing. Part of why that doesn't come through is because I left out of the OP the various utterings of "Boy, are you kiddin' me?" and "What kind of cotton pickin' clown are you?" and similar phrases and inquires that peppered his "lecture."

Last edited:
The notion that Trump's "self funding" is relevant is as astonishing as anything else in his completely fraudulent campaign. First of all, no, he is not "self funding". Self funding (which, if his claims of being worth 10 billion dollars were true, he could afford) means he accepts no money from anyone. Trump has spent next to nothing, but he gleefully accepts donations. More importantly, "self funding" is part of his absurd claims to be beholden to no one. A completely free agent beholden to no one. A billionaire with no vested interests is a contradiction in terms so silly that it, once again, forces me to lower my opinion of the American electorate. Something I am constantly amazed to find is possible. I thought my opinion of the American electorate had hit rock bottom, then comes Trump.

I've never been a Trump fan, but from fairly early on I've been shaking my head at the people who were just laughing him off. He's a celeb and the American electorate is used to reality tv which is high in drama, insults and low in actual reality, and they love it! They eat it up! That is all Trump's campaign is, but millions of people aren't able to see it. If everyone had as many brains as your Daddy, there wouldn't be mass panic among the sane right now. Trump would have Kasich's delegate count and we'd all be sleeping easy in our beds. The debate Thursday night would have been the end of any other candidate's career, based on the drubbing Trump took on his (lack of) policy and his lack of education on the issues he is propounding. His fans, however, could care less. They say he's a leader, beholden to none, and that's all that matters. He says his you-know-what is good sized and everyone will do what he says. Presumably because...?

A clear example of how Trump will break his promises is his long-held assertion that he would torture terrorists and kill their families. This statement came up months ago at a debate, and at that time it was relatively ignored as we rolled our eyes, still thinking he'd go away. The moderator at Thursday's debate, with innocent, eager-to-know eyes, asked him again about that stance, knowing full well that it was against US and international law. And Trump stepped into the bear trap without so much as a second's hesitation. What is truly frightening isn't that Trump wants to torture and murder terrorists and their kin; it is that he has spent months without researching and learning that what he dreams of doing is illegal and would get him arrested for war crimes. It leads to the very serious question, If he doesn't know this fairly obvious and easy to research topic after months to look into it, WHAT ELSE DOESN'T HE KNOW? What else that he is proposing--such as The Wall financed by Mexico, ditching Obamacare, and his trade proposals--is also completely untenable?

The presidency of the United States is not a learn-as-you-go job, folks. He could at least be trying, but his campaign manager says he is just watching the Sunday shows and reading books. Which ones, I wonder? I watch the Sunday shows, too, but it doesn't make me equal to the job of President.

I hear twenty five times a day that the American people are angry and are voting for Trump because politicians keep breaking their promises once they get into office. But Trump is showing us every single day that he is nothing BUT promises, many of which will never be anything but dreams in his own fancy. Impossible wishes.

A poster on a Trump thread this past week said "F--- the message" when Trump's unstable position on the issues was mentioned. It's pretty hard to argue against this position except to say: Trump may be the alpha dog leading the pack, but he's heading for the edge of a cliff. If the exhilaration of running with the winner is making you feel all charged up and powerful, enjoy it while you can, because the fall is inevitable and will break a lot of bones.

Effin'-A, lead, that'd be different enough right there! What could be more different from what we are used to than innovative ideas that are clear and complete? Yet Mr. Trump is giving us nary a one of those two things in any aspect of his policies. He talks about being self-funding, yet he acts just like all the rest of them that aren't self funding.

to;dr

All I know is that taxpayer money should not be used to fund your testicles! Pay for your own damn testicles!

I've never been a Trump fan, but from fairly early on I've been shaking my head at the people who were just laughing him off. He's a celeb and the American electorate is used to reality tv which is high in drama, insults and low in actual reality, and they love it! They eat it up! That is all Trump's campaign is, but millions of people aren't able to see it. If everyone had as many brains as your Daddy, there wouldn't be mass panic among the sane right now. Trump would have Kasich's delegate count and we'd all be sleeping easy in our beds. The debate Thursday night would have been the end of any other candidate's career, based on the drubbing Trump took on his (lack of) policy and his lack of education on the issues he is propounding. His fans, however, could care less. They say he's a leader, beholden to none, and that's all that matters. He says his you-know-what is good sized and everyone will do what he says. Presumably because...?

A clear example of how Trump will break his promises is his long-held assertion that he would torture terrorists and kill their families. This statement came up months ago at a debate, and at that time it was relatively ignored as we rolled our eyes, still thinking he'd go away. The moderator at Thursday's debate, with innocent, eager-to-know eyes, asked him again about that stance, knowing full well that it was against US and international law. And Trump stepped into the bear trap without so much as a second's hesitation. What is truly frightening isn't that Trump wants to torture and murder terrorists and their kin; it is that he has spent months without researching and learning that what he dreams of doing is illegal and would get him arrested for war crimes. It leads to the very serious question, If he doesn't know this fairly obvious and easy to research topic after months to look into it, WHAT ELSE DOESN'T HE KNOW? What else that he is proposing--such as The Wall financed by Mexico, ditching Obamacare, and his trade proposals--is also completely untenable?

The presidency of the United States is not a learn-as-you-go job, folks. He could at least be trying, but his campaign manager says he is just watching the Sunday shows and reading books. Which ones, I wonder? I watch the Sunday shows, too, but it doesn't make me equal to the job of President.

I hear twenty five times a day that the American people are angry and are voting for Trump because politicians keep breaking their promises once they get into office. But Trump is showing us every single day that he is nothing BUT promises, many of which will never be anything but dreams in his own fancy. Impossible wishes.

A poster on a Trump thread this past week said "F--- the message" when Trump's unstable position on the issues was mentioned. It's pretty hard to argue against this position except to say: Trump may be the alpha dog leading the pack, but he's heading for the edge of a cliff. If the exhilaration of running with the winner is making you feel all charged up and powerful, enjoy it while you can, because the fall is inevitable and will break a lot of bones.

I really like the theme flowing through the entirety of your post: fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Excellent job expressing how that applies to both Mr. Trump and the people who're pinning their hope on him.

TY for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Forum List

Back