🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senate GOP may block budget deal

Whenever a Republican president can lower the deficit, which hasn't happened in 40 years.

neither has any democrat lowered the debt. you do know the difference between deficit and debt don't you?

If it wasn't for W and the GOP filth, we would be debt free by now because of Clinton's dynamite fiscal plans.

Alert, Alert, we have a winner in the dumb post of the day contest.

The only people screaming shutdown are liberals like you, Jim. You would love nothing more than to shift people's eyes away from Obamacare. Sorry, not even the Republicans are that stupid.

If the GOP filibusters the budget deal in the Senate and it dies....well, it will be VERY OBVIOUS WHO SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT! It will be easy for the voters to see who the obstructionist are.

I mean the House, even with their far right loons, passed this. WOW,,,so much for the slim Congressional lead for the GOP....

they cannot filibuster it, reid can use reconciliation and debate closes automatically.

The only people screaming shutdown are liberals like you, Jim. You would love nothing more than to shift people's eyes away from Obamacare. Sorry, not even the Republicans are that stupid.

If the GOP filibusters the budget deal in the Senate and it dies....well, it will be VERY OBVIOUS WHO SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT! It will be easy for the voters to see who the obstructionist are.

I mean the House, even with their far right loons, passed this. WOW,,,so much for the slim Congressional lead for the GOP....

they cannot filibuster it, reid can use reconciliation and debate closes automatically.
But is it in fact a budget bill? I'm not so sure.

Unless I miss my guess, it's a reform of the Budget Reconciliation Act, which contained the sequester as part of the deal.

While it is certainly possible there could be a cloture showdown, there are too many neocon RINOs who love their pork too much to pull it off.

neither has any democrat lowered the debt. you do know the difference between deficit and debt don't you?

If it wasn't for W and the GOP filth, we would be debt free by now because of Clinton's dynamite fiscal plans.

Very true, you are a complete idiot.

If it wasn't for W and the GOP going back to the epically failed "give everything to the rich" fiscal plans that have never worked, we would have been debt free by 2010

Clinton Forecasts Debt-Free Nation - ABC News

But is it in fact a budget bill? I'm not so sure.

Unless I miss my guess, it's a reform of the Budget Reconciliation Act, which contained the sequester as part of the deal.

While it is certainly possible there could be a cloture showdown, there are too many neocon RINOs who love their pork too much to pull it off.

the door is pretty wide, the gop used same in 2003, the sequester doesn't make it a non budgetary resolution/bill, it fits the tax and appropriations definitions for reconciliation.....

H.J.RES.59
Latest Title: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014

Bill Summary & Status - 113th Congress (2013 - 2014) - H.J.RES.59 - CRS Summary - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Up is down and black is white: House, for once, is more functional than the Senate | MSNBC

So maybe the loons will get their wish and we will have another shutdown? REALLY? :cuckoo:

they can't block it......:rolleyes:

Yes they can. The nuclear option only applies to Presidential appointments. McConnell has threatened to filibuster it......read the news sometimes, will ya?

I wasn't referring to that, I never mentioned that...... I know what that was for, it has nothing to do with this, did you read my next post ala reconciliation?

Just curious, at what amount of debt incurred are we to finally stop piling more on?

I started a thread on that question. none of the libs can answer

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/329354-how-much-debt-is-too-much.html

How much debt is too much? A rhetorical question as no answer other than, "it depends" exists. The question is simply a diversion and a talking point for those who oppose Obama and the Democratic Party, liberals/progressives, gays and lesbians, the unemployed, women, blacks, Latinos, immigrants, Medicare and Medicaid recipients, SS recipients, union members, government employed and anyone who questions such silly talking points.

Now, I'm not suggesting fiscal responsibility is unimportant, it is. But only morons fail to take on debt to replace the roof when necessary, or the tires or brakes on the family car or repair/replace levees which when breached destroy a city.

We spent hundreds of billions of dollars on the war of choice in Iraq, and only a very few Republicans and Democrats questioned spending so much off budget. Yet when money was invested in our nations infrastructure by repairing and replacing roads and bridges - putting Americans to work - the debt became the major talking point of the GOP.

If it wasn't for W and the GOP going back to the epically failed "give everything to the rich" fiscal plans that have never worked, we would have been debt free by 2010

You can't blame W really. Sadam schemed to kill his dad. He had to make up the WMD story to start a war with Iraq...it only costs Billions, thousands of US lives, and a countless number of Iraq lives.

You can't blame W really. Sadam schemed to kill his dad. He had to make up the WMD story to start a war with Iraq...it only costs Billions, thousands of US lives, and a countless number of Iraq lives.

Damn, if it weren't for lies you wouldn't have anything to say would you. Totally pathetic.

Damn, if it weren't for lies you wouldn't have anything to say would you. Totally pathetic.

^^ Butthurt because you can't handle the facts.

What shutdown? Are you leftists still telling that lie? One would think that you would have learned about lying from your leader.

Would be really nice to have a budget for a couple of effin years. Not like the republicans that want to KILL science, KILL infrastructure, KILL education and r@d spending give a damn.

Of course their stupid endless wars are going to get fully funded.

Last edited:
Don't bitch when we're number 10 in science. Both the public and private sector work to keep us there.
Don't bitch when our infrastructure is second rate by 2020. You worked to make it so!
Don't bitch as your idea of economics is just dumb.

then I guess you think that the Clintons and the UN were in on it with Bush since they all said the same thing based on the same faulty intel. How about all the dems who voted to authorize and fund the Iraq fiasco? A huge conspiracy to kill poor little saddam who never did anything wrong? are you a complete fool?

Forum List

Back