🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senate Overwhelmingly Passes Sanctions On Russia 97-2

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
The Senate on Wednesday overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan package of new Russia sanctions that also lets Congress block President Donald Trump from easing or ending penalties against Moscow, the year's most significant GOP-imposed restriction on the White House.

The 97-2 vote on the Russia sanctions plan capped a week of talks that demonstrated cross-aisle collaboration that's become increasingly rare as Trump and the GOP push to repeal Obamacare without any Democratic votes. Senators merged the sanctions package with a bipartisan Iran sanctions bill that's on track for passage as soon as this week, complicating the politics of any future veto threat from the Trump administration.

Additional sanctions in the bill target specific areas of the Russian economy, including mining and shipping.

Voting against the bill were Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, who continues to advocate for Putin and Russia on every occasion, and Rand Paul of Kentucky because … Aqua Buddha? In any case, the question is whether 97 yes votes is enough to keep Donald Trump from saying no.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...U4CHHYVAa9UG5nj7Q&sig2=C9PGtmjn6uCbdK_eoBdtVw

You won't be getting that oil money Donnie boy. You might want to call your buddy Vladimir, and break it to him gently.

So what did Russia do, exactly? When did Russia become the enemy of the "Deep State" other than taking in Crimea????
Explain this to me.........

I thought dems were against this sort of protectionism, while it was Trump's plan all along.

3D chess?

I thought dems were against this sort of protectionism, while it was Trump's plan all along.

3D chess?
3D chess? :rofl:

Actually nobody can tell what's being played, since Trump is strutting around and shitting all over the board

I guess China and India bribed the Senate into keeping Russia out of the game.

Let me get this straight, the Senate never sanctioned Hillary for paving the way for Russia to purchase lucrative uranium sites while she was Secy/State but they want to place sanctions Russia's mining and shipping allegedly because of unverified meddling in last year's election. Does it make any sense?

So what did Russia do, exactly? When did Russia become the enemy of the "Deep State" other than taking in Crimea????

Ask the Republicans. They run things

No, I asked you, punkinpuss...........did they become an enemy before or after the Hildebeast took 143 million in exchange for signing off on a uranium deal....or was it after John Podesta was hired by Russia to lobby for the lifting opf sanctions that should have never been placed on them to begin with?

I want to know what YOU think you know............and I bet it ain't much.

(snicker)

Let me get this straight, the Senate never sanctioned Hillary for paving the way for Russia to purchase lucrative uranium sites while she was Secy/State but they want to place sanctions Russia's mining and shipping allegedly because of unverified meddling in last year's election. Does it make any sense?
How much Uranium has Russia gotten from the deal?

about 6mil lb if i read this correctly.

Uranium One - Wikipedia

The acquisition resulted in a 60% annual production increase at Uranium One, from approximately 10 million to 16 million lb.[11][12]

but since canada and other countries had to verify the sale, how "Underhanded" could it have been?

Uranium One - Wikipedia

The acquisition resulted in a 60% annual production increase at Uranium One, from approximately 10 million to 16 million lb.[11][12]

but since canada and other countries had to verify the sale, how "Underhanded" could it have been?
The correct answer is zero. Uranium One has never had the permission or capability to export U.S. uranium.

Uranium One - Wikipedia

The correct answer is zero. Uranium One has never had the permission or capability to export U.S. uranium.
you asked how much they got not from who. :) if the deal itself gave them a 60% increase in production then it was a pretty damn good deal for them.

what you *should* be focusing on and asking in return is if this was illegal, why did canada ok it?

The deal was subject to anti-trust and other conditions and was not finalized until the companies received Kazakh regulatory approvals, approval under Canadian investment law, clearance by the US Committee on Foreign Investments, and approvals from both the Toronto and Johannesburg stock exchanges. The deal was finalized by the end of 2010.[12] Uranium One paid its minority shareholders a significant dividend of 1.06 United States Dollars at the end of 2010.

now lets be clear i do not like hillary - at all. this is a pretty good "bullet" i suppose but to be honest i never dug into the details of it. doubt most do just parakeet things. so as i did the first questions i have are how "common" were transactions like these and was she just doing business as anyone in her position would?

next up - if 2 other stock exchanges had to approve it - how did hillary pay them off, if in fact she was abusing her power. that would be an interesting angle.

i'm never gonna like that woman - to be sure. but i do want my reasons why i don't like her to be real. not just really bad.

Uranium One - Wikipedia

you asked how much they got not from who. :) if the deal itself gave them a 60% increase in production then it was a pretty damn good deal for them.

what you *should* be focusing on and asking in return is if this was illegal, why did canada ok it?

The deal was subject to anti-trust and other conditions and was not finalized until the companies received Kazakh regulatory approvals, approval under Canadian investment law, clearance by the US Committee on Foreign Investments, and approvals from both the Toronto and Johannesburg stock exchanges. The deal was finalized by the end of 2010.[12] Uranium One paid its minority shareholders a significant dividend of 1.06 United States Dollars at the end of 2010.
It wasn't illegal, so no reason to ask anything. A foreign company sold shares of its company to a foreign company.

The Hildebeast got 143 million dollars in foreign donations to her slush fund cleverly disguised as a charitable foundation from Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc, etc....or do you deny that?

Uranium One - Wikipedia

It wasn't illegal, so no reason to ask anything. A foreign company sold shares of its company to a foreign company.
but yet people are. i could just as easily say the same thing for trump. what did they do illegal? nothing we know of - just talking to the russians.

pretty sure for hillary to pull off this deal, she spoke to a few of them also. if it's black and white and on the up and up - then why get into the insults people get into in all this? i don't get it. i may never get it. it's as if people *need* someone they don't know to hate. maybe it makes people feel better, superior - dunno.

but i'm willing to put aside some of my *hate* for hillary and try hard to argue her side for a bit just to better understand it. i *need* to do that right now just because of the times we're living in. maybe it is time to question everything and i have to start right here with me and think "maybe ... maybe i was wrong". if not in how i feel, certainly how i carry myself because of it.

then see what i can see when i pull my "dogs" out of that race and argue from another perspective.

or we can sit in here for the next few years watching us kill ourselves and continue to call each other dumbasses.

The Hildebeast got 143 million dollars in foreign donations to her slush fund cleverly disguised as a charitable foundation from Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc, etc....or do you deny that?
143 million dollars for zero uranium? Damn, looks like Hillary swindled that Saudi's, Russians, Qatar, etc.

Hey, didn't Saudi Arabia just give Ivanka $100 million?

great. you know the answers then... how did Johannesburg and Toronto fit into this? did they get a kickback?

143 million dollars for zero uranium? Damn, looks like Hillary swindled that Saudi's, Russians, Qatar, etc.

Hey, didn't Saudi Arabia just give Ivanka $100 million?
or we can keep repeating the same lines over and over and hope THIS TIME they get it.

Besides Crimea's annexation.......AND, beside the western section of the Ukraine....

MOSCOW—(April 2017) This week the Kremlin showed symbolically it’s not about to back away from its imperial ambitions in the so-called near abroad, which is to say the old Russian empire. And if its measures flout international law or the laws of its pro-Western neighbors, so be it.

On Tuesday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced plans to attend the official opening ceremony of a new complex at the Russian embassy in Georgia’s breakaway region of Abkhazia, a home for thousands of Russian troops.

In the republic of Georgia, which views Abkhazia as territory under Russian occupation, the gesture was seen as “a mockery” of Georgian laws—and a direct challenge aimed at U.S.

Vladimir Putin’s Latest Little Jab at Donald Trump

Forum List

Back