Senator Cruz, Others Introduce Bill To Ban Federal Coronavirus Passports

Americans have a right to spread a deadly infection if they want to
No, Americans have the right to hide in their homes if they are afraid of getting a cold.

Cruz is really stupid..Texas was really hard hit by polio and encephalitis from 1947 to 1954.

Why do you elect such morons?

Says a Biden person? Seriously?
She’s right – you people elect morons; this proposed ‘legislation’ is proof of that.

Americans have a right to spread a deadly infection if they want to
Not the natural result of having the government intrude even more into our private lives.
What do you intend to do about Pervy Joe's super spreader border policy?
Anything? Nothing? Yeah...nothing at all. I thought so.

Three U.S. Senators introduced legislation on Friday to ban the federal government from establishing coronavirus passports related to individual’s immunization status.

U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Mike Braun (R-IN), and Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) introduced the bill, which also prohibits the federal government from being able to work with third parties to establish immunization passports.

Cruz said that “Americans shouldn’t be discriminated against because of” their immunization status, “whether that is at work or in everyday life.”

“Americans have a well-established right to privacy that any mandated” immunization passport “would destroy,” Cruz said, adding that it “would be discriminatory against people who, for whatever reason, do not get” it.

Sanity.
Looks like yet another solution in search of a problem. The Republicans are getting good at this.
We just want to live. To breathe. To walk and drive without someone telling us that we can not do that. To survive. To take care of our children without someone taking the from us for the great state. To sit down with the family no matter how messed up at a dinner without the arbiters of government in control is so good to imagine. To split a bottle of wine with the wife without a prog rule and law invasive to it is so much of freedom. I go to the airport and experience the prog loved tsa and airline flight attendants extremist authoritarian ways and you love it. Until you live it. So just what I typed. Make it better. Repubs want it better to.

Again. A solution in search of a problem.

And for all that - you have no problem with the government interfering in a women's liberty, or a mother's ability to get treatment for her child, or two men who want to marry. It's kind of ala carte isn't it?

There is no "vaccine passport" in the legislative works. So why is this law needed? I know why - it's political virtue signalling. Looks good to the electorate.
A few years ago there weren't any gun confiscation laws in the works, either. Yet, here we are.

In this case, the Republicans are being proactive to Leftist stupidity.
What bill is in the works that would confiscate all your guns?

None.
HR 227 and HR 1808. Aren't you paying attention?

Yes, I am opposed to seatbelt laws. If someone chooses not to wear a seatbelt, that's their decision.
What you ignore is that the harm from personal recklessness goes beyond the individual. It impacts the persons family, as well as himself who may because of it become public charges.
I realize that, but the government doesn't have unlimited authority to "keep us safe".

Again, nobody gives a shit about what you would or wouldn't do. That's EXACTLY how you should feel about us. Go fuck yourself and leave us alone.
Conservatives truly are lying scum.

Rightists are being ‘left alone’ – no measures are being proposed to authorize a ‘vaccination passport,’ that’s just a rightwing lie; and Cruz’s idiotic ‘legislation’ is just as dishonest and unnecessary.

Yes, I am opposed to seatbelt laws. If someone chooses not to wear a seatbelt, that's their decision.
What you ignore is that the harm from personal recklessness goes beyond the individual. It impacts the persons family, as well as himself who may because of it become public charges.
I realize that, but the government doesn't have unlimited authority to "keep us safe".
But they do have a limited authority to act in the name of public health. It's no different than mandating sanitation standards for restaurants to prevent the spread of disease for example. It's not a new role, it just happens it became hyper politicized.

Again, nobody gives a shit about what you would or wouldn't do. That's EXACTLY how you should feel about us. Go fuck yourself and leave us alone.
Conservatives truly are lying scum.

Rightists are being ‘left alone’ – no measures are being proposed to authorize a ‘vaccination passport,’ that’s just a rightwing lie; and Cruz’s idiotic ‘legislation’ is just as dishonest and unnecessary.
It's just fodder for the base - scare them into believing there is some sort of vaccine passport plan going on (probably involving Illuminatti right?) and the provide a solution.

A few years ago there weren't any gun confiscation laws in the works, either. Yet, here we are.

This is a lie.

There have never been gun ‘confiscation’ laws – proposed or otherwise.

Clearly stupidity is the sole purview of the right, as is dishonesty.
You couldn't be more wrong:

But they do have a limited authority to act in the name of public health. It's no different than mandating sanitation standards for restaurants to prevent the spread of disease for example. It's not a new role, it just happens it became hyper politicized.
Limited authority. Where do YOU draw the line?

it’s sad that in the 21st century republicans still have to create law preventing dems from discriminating against people
Who is being discrimminated against? Be specific.
You truly are this stupid. Your side fully discriminates against anybody who refuses to follow their dictates. States (blue ones) are already trying to discriminate against people who for whatever reason are not vaccinated. Trying to deny them the freedom to enter buildings or go anywhere.
No discrimination

People choose to stay away from those who are potentially dangerous
That's what bigots always say about the people they are bigoted against.

You are free to stay in your home...

It is the way societies work
Those who are a threat are isolated

Same thing happened with public smoking

This is a lie.

That isn't all your guns. It's a particular type, like the machine gun ban.

This is a lie.

You couldn’t be more of a liar.

A ‘ban’ is not ‘confiscation’ – the measure has a grandfather clause.

You and others on the right lie about guns just as you lie about coronavirus ‘passports.’

Limited authority. Where do YOU draw the line?
Drawing the line? Draconian measures such as China took.

When did we become a nation of such fucking cowards?
So I guess you consider it cowardly to shut down public pools during polio outbreaks?
No I would consider it cowardly to continue the practice after the problem has been dealt with.
Ok, so until Covid is dealt with, you have no problem with mask mandates, social distancing etc. in areas that are seeing increased cases?
What areas are seeing increased cases? It seems the states no longer enforcing that are showing decreases in covid.
The states that are no longer enforcing are no longer enforcing because they are seeing a reduction in cases.
Yet we were told by the alleged experts this would be a disaster if these states did this yet that has not been the case so maybe just maybe people should take a sceond look at the mask mandates and social distancing rules.

Forum List

Back