Senator Jim Inhofe Says The Pope Shouldn't Talk About Climate Change

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Longtime climate change skeptic Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) said Thursday that Pope Francis should refrain from sharing his thoughts on the subject.

According to The Guardian, Inhofe made the comments while speaking at a climate change conference hosted by the Heartland Institute, a conservative think tank.

“Everyone is going to ride the pope now. Isn’t that wonderful,” said Inhofe, whochairs the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. “The pope ought to stay with his job, and we’ll stay with ours.”

In January, Pope Francis told reporters he believes climate change is “mostly” caused by human activity.

"I don't know if it is the only cause, but mostly, in great part, it is man who has slapped nature in the face,” the pope said.

The senator, who authored a book called The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future, has long criticized scientists' findings on climate change. In February, Inhofe brought a snowball to the Senate floor to support his argument that climate change is not real.

Inhofe isn’t the only politician to argue the pope should stay quiet on the issue. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, who is Catholic, made a similar statement on a radio show earlier this month.

Jim Inhofe Says The Pope Shouldn t Talk About Climate Change

Inhofe just doesn't like the fact that the Pope doesn't agree with his anti-climate change agenda; otherwise, Inhofe would welcome the Pope's opinion.

Last edited:
71e19a4f31ab738dfdb639f81459b1ae.jpg

People make exaggerated claims all the time, does nothing to the fact of climate change.

Yes they do and our involvement in how we affect our climate along with glowarm is a big scam also. We're but a pinprick. These are geological cycles.

People make exaggerated claims all the time, does nothing to the fact of climate change.
Climate change IS the big exaggerated claim, fool.
If you truly think that, I'd like to see how you respond to undeniable evidence and the unanimous acceptance of all international scientific bodies. Oh wait, you're not a scientist, nor are you intelligent.

Yes they do and our involvement in how we affect our climate along with glowarm is a big scam also. We're but a pinprick. These are geological cycles.
Then you're truly a moron, and I feel sorry for you. I'm sure you know more then every single international scientific body. /sarcasm

“Everyone is going to ride the pope now. Isn’t that wonderful,” said Inhofe, whochairs the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. “The pope ought to stay with his job, and we’ll stay with ours.”

One of many good reasons not to vote for republicans.

Then you're truly a moron, and I feel sorry for you. I'm sure you know more then every single international scientific body. /sarcasm

Lol. Y'all sure are a gullible mindless bunch. The arrogance of assigning a species the blame for a changing climate is nothing less than astounding and a lie.

Climate change IS the big exaggerated claim, fool.
If you truly think that, I'd like to see how you respond to undeniable evidence and the unanimous acceptance of all international scientific bodies. Oh wait, you're not a scientist, nor are you intelligent.

Back up your claim that there is unanimous acceptance of all international scientific bodies on AGW.

Put links out there.

Last edited:

Asshole. Put up links to back your claim that every single international body is in agreement over AGW or shut the fuck up.

Asshole. Put up links to back your claim that every single international body is in agreement over AGW or shut the fuck up.

Evidently not all scientists are buying into this BS

Hoax Slayers Top Scientists to Scrutinise Dodgy Global Warming Data - Breitbart

The pope should focus on "poping" and stop being a public advocate for ultra left wing politics.

Forum List

Back