Senator Lindsay Graham

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
At least he has a sense of humor

It is Monday, which means it's time for another presidential candidate announcement. We could say the same of Tuesday or any day. In this case, it's a senator with a reputation as a hard-working insider. South Carolina's Lindsey Graham is the lawmaker who often joins John McCain on high-profile national security issues. He has also shown his independence from his party on occasion, as in 2009 when he voted yes for one of President Obama's Supreme Court choices, that of Sonia Sotomayor. As he prepares to run, he spoke with NPR's Don Gonyea who was with him in Des Moines, Iowa.

DON GONYEA, BYLINE: Sen. Lindsey Graham was in Iowa this weekend for the state GOP's big annual Lincoln Day dinner. In all, 11 official or likely presidential hopefuls were there. In an interview with NPR beforehand, the 59-year-old Graham talked about being a Senate veteran and a new face at the same time.

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: I've got people who are fans. I got people who are critics. And I got people who say, I think I know him, but I really don't know him.

GONYEA: So he's taking his easy Southern manner and an old-fashioned sense of humor on the road as he tries to make an impression, like this line, barely a minute into his Saturday speech before the packed ballroom in Des Moines. He tells the crowd that he's an attorney, including for the military where he still serves in the Air Force Reserve. Then he jokes about his first client as a young lawyer. It was, he says, a divorce case.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

GRAHAM: And he asked me a question I didn't know the answer to. If we get divorced - if me and my wife get divorced, will we still be cousins?

(LAUGHTER)

GRAHAM: The answer is yes in South Carolina. I don't know about Iowa.
So

Sen. Graham To Announce In June If He s Joining GOP Presidential Race NPR

I'll be glad when he announces...Then at least somebody besides ME will have a lesser chance of getting nominated..!!

At least he has a sense of humor

It is Monday, which means it's time for another presidential candidate announcement. We could say the same of Tuesday or any day. In this case, it's a senator with a reputation as a hard-working insider. South Carolina's Lindsey Graham is the lawmaker who often joins John McCain on high-profile national security issues. He has also shown his independence from his party on occasion, as in 2009 when he voted yes for one of President Obama's Supreme Court choices, that of Sonia Sotomayor. As he prepares to run, he spoke with NPR's Don Gonyea who was with him in Des Moines, Iowa.

DON GONYEA, BYLINE: Sen. Lindsey Graham was in Iowa this weekend for the state GOP's big annual Lincoln Day dinner. In all, 11 official or likely presidential hopefuls were there. In an interview with NPR beforehand, the 59-year-old Graham talked about being a Senate veteran and a new face at the same time.

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: I've got people who are fans. I got people who are critics. And I got people who say, I think I know him, but I really don't know him.

GONYEA: So he's taking his easy Southern manner and an old-fashioned sense of humor on the road as he tries to make an impression, like this line, barely a minute into his Saturday speech before the packed ballroom in Des Moines. He tells the crowd that he's an attorney, including for the military where he still serves in the Air Force Reserve. Then he jokes about his first client as a young lawyer. It was, he says, a divorce case.

(SOUNDBITE OF SPEECH)

GRAHAM: And he asked me a question I didn't know the answer to. If we get divorced - if me and my wife get divorced, will we still be cousins?

(LAUGHTER)

GRAHAM: The answer is yes in South Carolina. I don't know about Iowa.
So

Sen. Graham To Announce In June If He s Joining GOP Presidential Race NPR
Graham is fighting with trump over the wall.

He's worried about his Corona and tequila being taxed.

Buy American beer lindsay

DoxSQ_zXUAAUDnC.jpg

Lib meltdown in progress.
Graham: I'm sorry Ma'am, but I ran out of GiveAFucks.

Forum List

Back