🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senators call for 12-cent gas-tax increase to replenish highway fund

Shut down the coal industry...
Throw in a little cap and tax...utility rates go up.
Add a little increase to minimum wage...prices go up...
Bump up the price of gas at the pump...

And why not Democrats are looking out for us.

Yup Democrats gotta love em...
They know what's best for America.

Last edited:
meanwhile food prices are skyrocketing too.........cant wait for cries for larger welfare payouts

Here's a thought, scrap the federal gas tax altogether and the let the states fund their own damn roads. Why does D.C. need to do it?

Senators call for 12-cent gas-tax increase to replenish highway fund*-*Los Angeles Times

Damn, these people are assholes.
They pass CAFE laws requiring cars to have improved gas mileage, then they wonder why their tax collection on gasoline is lower. So their solution is to raise gasoline taxes.
I just want to punch these idiots in the face.

I'm just curious as to how the highway funds were depleted. After all, our infrastructure *according to the left* is the worst it has been in centuries....so much so, its a disgrace.

Yet, the billions and billions we take in don't seem to be found anywhere.

I'd like to see a detailed accounting of that money. By detailed, I mean if they said they spent X on asphalt, then I want to know every asphalt company that was paid, and I want to see invoices of the asphalt purchased, and reports on where it was applied.

In other words, before we give them another fucking red cent, I want a 100% audit of the entire program.

Because highway funding is "stolen" by politicians for everything BUT highway purposes.

Taxes used to cover this. Now Rightwingers have slashed taxes on multimillionaires yet bitch about having to make it up through fees and rising costs.

Last edited:

Taxes used to cover this. Now Rightwingers have slashed taxes on multimillionaires yet bitch about having to make it up through fees and rising costs.

Another far left poster that hasn't got a clue other than far left talking points.

Here's a thought, scrap the federal gas tax altogether and the let the states fund their own damn roads. Why does D.C. need to do it?

Senators call for 12-cent gas-tax increase to replenish highway fund*-*Los Angeles Times

just more central planning

How do we make life suck more for the working class?

Make it more expensive to get to work.
Make the goods at the stores cost more b/c it cost more to ship them.

god damn, life is hard enough w/o help from the government.

Shut down the coal industry...
Throw in a little cap and tax...utility rates go up.
Add a little increase to minimum wage...prices go up...
Bump up the price of gas at the pump...

And why not Democrats are looking out for us.

Yup Democrats gotta love em...
They know what's best for America.

Tax the rich at the rate it was during Nixon and we wouldn't have to pull so much of the load, via higher fees and prices.

Sorry bout that,

1. Just another attempt for the Rockerfellers to try an pull the wool over every bodies eyes to make us think they don't actually own America.
2. People should start listening to me, well if they want to know the truth.

Regards,
SirJa
mesofTexas
"People should listen to me"....... "Rap is the Devil's music."

Are you joking? Do you want to hear the Devil's music, as inspired by God?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo]Dance With The Devil - Immortal Technique - YouTube[/ame]

Twenty bucks says you don't understand that song.

Brilliant!

Here's an idea: stop stealing from the trust fund and perhaps it wouldn't

need "replenishing."

Yup and if they need money let em raid their SS fund like they've been raiding ours for decades. Must be billions in that baby by now.

I would almost be okay with this idea if I were convinced the tax increase would not be pillaged for other things...

Forum List

Back