🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senators call for 12-cent gas-tax increase to replenish highway fund

Between the states and fed on gasoline alone 67 billion dollars are collected annually.

Add to that the taxes on diesel, tolls, the various excise taxes, mileage fees for commercial trucks etc and over 100 billion dollars a year are collected for roads.

So tell me where the fuck is all that money going?

Maybe we just need to be grateful we are allowed to keep any money from our paycheck...

A real American, when faced with a small paycheck....would get a second job or start a business. Quit yer whining, patriot. Grab those bootstraps and pull!

Makes it pretty hard to pull when the government is standing on those boot straps. And about the time you think you may be able to wiggle those straps out from under them they add a new tax to keep them pinned down.

A real American would stand up and punch the shit out of a government fucking up their ability to use those boot straps. People like you on the other hand seem to think the more weight you can add to your straps the better off you will be. Actually reaching for those boot straps never even crosses your simple little mind.

LMAO. A "REAL" American eh? Well what the fuck does that make you? A Mexican? Cause I sure as fuck know that you are not.....what was it you wanted to do........ "punch the shit out of a government fucking up their ability to use those boot straps."

So...you are not American and you don't have any boots straps to pull on Well just jerk your pud, that's what you do all the time on here. LMAO.

Between the states and fed on gasoline alone 67 billion dollars are collected annually.

Add to that the taxes on diesel, tolls, the various excise taxes, mileage fees for commercial trucks etc and over 100 billion dollars a year are collected for roads.

And with over $17Trillion debt? Seems to me they need to cut a few programs, departments...but HANDS OFF The Military, they've been cut enough.

Nah dude. You tell us. You're the one knows everything.

And with over $17Trillion debt? Seems to me they need to cut a few programs, departments...but HANDS OFF The Military, they've been cut enough.

Just makes you want to cry doesn't it T? Get with skull. He know where the money is.

Nah dude. You tell us. You're the one knows everything.
I don't know everything but I know more than you.

Another idea that will keep people in the urban ghettos. But what do Senators care when they are living off the public dole? They are worse then welfare queens.

Would be better if it was a 12 cent tax on fossil fuels.

I love infracture and it would be insane to allow it to fall into rivers.

The tea party and their constant whine to defund science, infrastructure and investment in our country. Yet, spend trillions on wars and nation building.

historical_context512.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Just another attempt for the Rockerfellers to try an pull the wool over every bodies eyes to make us think they don't actually own America.
2. People should start listening to me, well if they want to know the truth.

Regards,
SirJa
mesofTexas
"People should listen to me"....... "Rap is the Devil's music."

Are you joking? Do you want to hear the Devil's music, as inspired by God?

1. Rap is like hard candy you throw the wrapper away!
2. 20 bucks can say I give a fuck! :badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'm just curious as to how the highway funds were depleted. After all, our infrastructure *according to the left* is the worst it has been in centuries....so much so, its a disgrace.

Yet, the billions and billions we take in don't seem to be found anywhere.

I'd like to see a detailed accounting of that money. By detailed, I mean if they said they spent X on asphalt, then I want to know every asphalt company that was paid, and I want to see invoices of the asphalt purchased, and reports on where it was applied.

In other words, before we give them another fucking red cent, I want a 100% audit of the entire program.

The costs of everything is skyrocketing thanks to our shitforbrains POTUS.

Just makes you want to cry doesn't it T? Get with skull. He know where the money is.
We are being bilked...and YOU applaud it Zoink. YOU are probably a Welfare creep anyway, aren't you?

:eusa_hand:

Until Rightwingers pressure House Republicans to eliminate Wall Street speculation on energy prices, they should STFU about the price of gas.

Didn't we spend hundreds of billions in the "stimulus" (that didn't stimulate anything) on "shovel ready" jobs (that weren't) that was supposed to repair infrastructure stuff like roads and bridges? If it is a pressing need now for more revenue, then I want to know where the money that was supposed to already fix the problems went and I want it back.

I'm just curious as to how the highway funds were depleted. After all, our infrastructure *according to the left* is the worst it has been in centuries....so much so, its a disgrace.

Yet, the billions and billions we take in don't seem to be found anywhere.

I'd like to see a detailed accounting of that money. By detailed, I mean if they said they spent X on asphalt, then I want to know every asphalt company that was paid, and I want to see invoices of the asphalt purchased, and reports on where it was applied.

In other words, before we give them another fucking red cent, I want a 100% audit of the entire program.

just a thought, but if you googled the history of the Interstate Hwhy Trust Fund, you'd glean a clue.

Didn't we spend hundreds of billions in the "stimulus" (that didn't stimulate anything) on "shovel ready" jobs (that weren't) that was supposed to repair infrastructure stuff like roads and bridges? If it is a pressing need now for more revenue, then I want to know where the money that was supposed to already fix the problems went and I want it back.

Over one third of the stimulus was tax cuts.

Please let us know how much of it you would like to give back, since that extra money in your pocket didn't stimulate any new spending from you.

Brilliant move! I mean seriously let's increase the cost of gasoline exactly when Iraq is about to fall into the hands of ISIS and oil prices skyrocket. It's really going to help our economy.

Brilliant move! I mean seriously let's increase the cost of gasoline exactly when Iraq is about to fall into the hands of ISIS and oil prices skyrocket. It's really going to help our economy.

And all the while we have several hundred years of the stuff HERE...but are barred from using it because of the Enviro-Whackos hold on politicians.

How screwed up is that?

Yeah. While there's no doubt the revenue stream in the Trust Fund has not grown as construction and repair costs rose, increasing the cost of gas would not only be politically impossible but also a real drain on mom and pop consumers. The libertarian view of "just let states do it" is historically naïve and economically a joke. But, I think it might be possible to "charge tolls" for specific projects. The I-95 corridor from Wash to Richmond, for example, is near impassable. They've been trying to rebuild a bridge about 100 feet in the air over the Tenn River south of Nashville for several years, as well. States have used similar approaches successfully, e.g. the Florida Turnpike, which is a very driveable alternative to the I-95 clusterfk.

Until Rightwingers pressure House Republicans to eliminate Wall Street speculation on energy prices, they should STFU about the price of gas.

Until we support more government tyranny we should surrender our 1st

brilliant, that just clears up the liberal mind set.

you want your fellow American to suffer, and are damn proud of what you cause

Forum List

Back