Senators who opposed background checks losing support

LOL....Ok I get where you are coming from

You create your own reality

yep, in the form of watching the already greatly watered down gun legislation bill fail. the one item where they felt they had even a slim chance of passing failed. gun sales are at record highs. ammunition sales are at record highs. manufacturers have added employees, shifts, equipment and they still can't keep up with demand. even foreign manufacturers are pumping full production into the states and can't keep up with demand. THAT is reality

that doesnt sound like a country that is ready for more loss of rights and freedom
We have more rights and freedoms than at any time in our history

yep, in the form of watching the already greatly watered down gun legislation bill fail. the one item where they felt they had even a slim chance of passing failed. gun sales are at record highs. ammunition sales are at record highs. manufacturers have added employees, shifts, equipment and they still can't keep up with demand. even foreign manufacturers are pumping full production into the states and can't keep up with demand. THAT is reality

that doesnt sound like a country that is ready for more loss of rights and freedom

yes

lets leave it that way

as i said

doesnt sound like a country that is ready for more loss of rights and freedom

You think that if Gabby Giffords starts to follow these Senators on the election trail questioning their sellout to the NRA that voters will not listen?

90% of Americans, including a majority of NRA members support increased background checks.......let those Senators explain their vote
gabby is gaining a reputation as a whiner. people are already sick of her. 90% of americans don't want the shit they are trying to pass as a back ground check. and here is another thing, gun owners, whether they support background checks or not are done giving up ground to the gun grabbers. we are giving up nothing anymore. and we are letting our elected official know loud and clear we support no additional legislation on guns. none. we're galvanized. we're getting stronger every day. 20,000,000 new applications for gun permits in 2012. that pistols alone in states that even require a permit. our voice is going to drown the anti gun nuts out big time baby. Obama thought he had a slam dunk with sandy hook and he exploited it to the max. Obama was shut down cold. Bloomberg pumped $12,000,000 of his own money to silence the NRA, an he was shut down cold. Giffords already went on her world tour to force background checks and she was shut down cold. 4 democratic senators and broke ranks voted against the single largest item on the democratic agenda right now because their constituents told them loud and clear vote for more gun control and you will lose you jobs. the tide is turning and gun owners are winning

America loves Gabby Giffords

A Senator ignores her at his own peril

America loved Cindy Sheehan too and sympathized with her at the loss of her son. America loved the 911 widows, widowers and children too and sympathized with their losses.

Then America just got sick of looking at them and hearing from them. Sadly for Gabby Giffords, if she intends to follow senators around the country telling people that they should give up their rights, America will get sick of looking at her too. Americans will look at all the friends and relatives they lost to criminals. Those who could have been saved IF they had protection of their own, and say about Giffords "What makes HER so special anyway?"

American sympathy and compassion has a definite half-life and Gabby Giffords can run out that clock quite quickly.

Really? :cuckoo:
Get back to me when you've smoked at a restaraunt...as an example.
Driven a car without a seatbelt legally.
Said "no" to being covered by healthcare insurance.

gabby is gaining a reputation as a whiner. people are already sick of her. 90% of americans don't want the shit they are trying to pass as a back ground check. and here is another thing, gun owners, whether they support background checks or not are done giving up ground to the gun grabbers. we are giving up nothing anymore. and we are letting our elected official know loud and clear we support no additional legislation on guns. none. we're galvanized. we're getting stronger every day. 20,000,000 new applications for gun permits in 2012. that pistols alone in states that even require a permit. our voice is going to drown the anti gun nuts out big time baby. Obama thought he had a slam dunk with sandy hook and he exploited it to the max. Obama was shut down cold. Bloomberg pumped $12,000,000 of his own money to silence the NRA, an he was shut down cold. Giffords already went on her world tour to force background checks and she was shut down cold. 4 democratic senators and broke ranks voted against the single largest item on the democratic agenda right now because their constituents told them loud and clear vote for more gun control and you will lose you jobs. the tide is turning and gun owners are winning

America loved Cindy Sheehan too and sympathized with her at the loss of her son. America loved the 911 widows, widowers and children too and sympathized with their losses.

Then America just got sick of looking at them and hearing from them. Sadly for Gabby Giffords, if she intends to follow senators around the country telling people that they should give up their rights, America will get sick of looking at her too. Americans will look at all the friends and relatives they lost to criminals. Those who could have been saved IF they had protection of their own, and say about Giffords "What makes HER so special anyway?"

American sympathy and compassion has a definite half-life and Gabby Giffords can run out that clock quite quickly.

Conservatives threw Sheehan under the bus for daring to question their sacred war

They will do the same to Giffords for daring to question their sacred guns

Where do you have a freedom to force others to breathe in your filth?

Want to talk freedom in restaurants? How about when "colored" Americans were not free to eat in them?

Want to talk freedom in restaurants? How about when "colored" Americans were not free to eat in them?

and now to think

that they cannot smoke in a restaurant either

and now to think

I feel so sorry for blacks who can no longer smoke in restaurants where they were once chased away from

That's FREEDOM

and now to think

I feel so sorry for blacks who can no longer smoke in restaurants where they were once chased away from

That's FREEDOM

So now we trade freedoms? Blacks were slaves and women could not vote so now that we have corrected that, we can give up the second amendment, smoking and whatever else passes over your mind…

What a pathetic way of looking at freedom. You don’t trade them. It matters not how many freedoms we have gained, that does not take away the pursuit of increased freedoms or remove the responsibility to fight those that try and take that which we have.

and now to think

That's FREEDOM

So now we trade freedoms? Blacks were slaves and women could not vote so now that we have corrected that, we can give up the second amendment, smoking and whatever else passes over your mind…

What a pathetic way of looking at freedom. You don’t trade them. It matters not how many freedoms we have gained, that does not take away the pursuit of increased freedoms or remove the responsibility to fight those that try and take that which we have.

We do not live in a lIbertarian world.....we never will

When your actions impinge on the Rights of others you are not giving up your freedoms........you are giving up your right to be an asshole

They ride around with Obama on Air Force One and clap in the background during his anti-gun speeches. That smells like politicizing to me.

Parents whose children were viciously massacred and want serious gun legislation to say.......NEVER AGAIN is politicizing?

Conservatives are despicable

yet those same parents voted down additional security in their childrens school. yea they are real concerned about safety

I saw that. How ironic.

Conservatives threw Sheehan under the bus for daring to question their sacred war

Sheehan threw herself under the bus when she started hanging out with the whacko group Code Pink.

Eventually all the sympathy whores throw themselves under some bus. Human beings suffer compassion fatigue quite soon. Otherwise we'd still he hearing from James Brady. Gabby Giffords can become a distasteful footnote or retain some dignity.

Eventually all the sympathy whores throw themselves under some bus. Human beings suffer compassion fatigue quite soon. Otherwise we'd still he hearing from James Brady. Gabby Giffords can become a distasteful footnote or retain some dignity.

You mean the dignity of not contradicting righting dogma

That's FREEDOM

When your actions impinge on the Rights of others you are not giving up your freedoms........you are giving up your right to be an asshole

They could have made smoking restaraunts or bars where a person wouldn't infringe (impinge) on the rights of others...but that didn't happen, did it? They just broadbrushed away a freedom that people once enjoyed.

They could have made smoking restaraunts or bars where a person wouldn't infringe (impinge) on the rights of others...but that didn't happen, did it? They just broadbrushed away a freedom that people once enjoyed.

They could have banned smoking altogether as a known carcinogen which has led to millions of deaths

But no, we decided to allow smokers the freedom to kill themselves. We just no longer give them the opportunity to kill those around them

They could have banned smoking altogether as a known carcinogen which has led to millions of deaths

But no, we decided to allow smokers the freedom to kill themselves. We just no longer give them the opportunity to kill those around them

Dude, you made a statement saying that we have more freedoms than ever. I refuted what you stated and now you're moving the goal posts.
Seems you just should have moved on, and let it go.

Dude, you made a statement saying that we have more freedoms than ever. I refuted what you stated and now you're moving the goal posts.
Seems you just should have moved on, and let it go.

So your definition of freedom is to be able to spew smoke in a bar
Mine is to no longer lable blacks as second class citizens

I win

Yanno......................I was offered a chance to be a member of the PRP program in the Navy, which meant that I got to handle "special weapons".

I was told that if I volunteered for that job, I would be subject to an extensive background check because of the sensitivity of the job that I was seeking.

I volunteered for it, because I wanted the job (it would get me really close to jets) and because I knew that having a Top Secret clearance would be good for my career.

Wanna know why I chose to volunteer for it? Because I knew I could pass the background checks (came from a pretty vanilla type of family who didn't do anything wrong), and because I knew I was qualified.

If you can't pass a background check to buy a gun, and you know it, why would you buy one on the free market? If you can't pass, you're gonna have to spend 3 times the amount of money to get the same weapon.

However..........................if you're clean and you know it, spending time to have the check done is no problem. It wasn't for me.

Forum List

Back