Sending Your Kid to Public School Is Borderline Child Abuse

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Between what goes on from other students, the quality of education, and the idiotic things kids are suspended for, parents must have the chance to keep their kids out of the public school system.

Home School is always an option.

Yeah, but the parents should have gotten good grades in school and went to college - how can they teach their kids if they never pass the 10th grade?

Yeah, but the parents should have gotten good grades in school and went to college - how can they teach their kids if they never pass the 10th grade?

One, why are you saying home schooling parents are ignorant?

Two, are you familiar with how many college grads aren't getting employed appropriately today?

Sometimes, success is about who you know, not what you know. Politically correct public education popularity contests don't facilitate ordinary people's social networking.

My uncle could teach HS-level math, geometry, and probably physics. He could also train someone in several trades...truck mechanic, machinist, and HVAC repair come to mind. He did not finish seventh grade and is entirely self-taught.

Last edited:
Plato and Socrates couldn't get jobs as aides in some schools today. Public education today is hypercredentialism run amok; no consideration whatever is given to successful experience or actual skill in an area. It's all about paper that in many cases would be better used wiping someone's ass.

There are two "home" schools here. One about twenty miles up the road has 125-140 students and the other just over the hill from the house has +/-200 students. The "home" appellation is to get around state regs for private schools. Both schools have produced PhDs (students who later went to university and beyond), and if half the teachers are college grads, that would surprise me.

The issue here is school consolidation. Parents don't want their kids on busses two hours a day. Good for them. I give a few hundred a year and its probably the best money I spend every year.

Regular schools here are a paradise of worthless fucking bureaucrats. Education seems okay, but a lot of parasites living fat off taxpayers.

Last edited:

I know a number of octigenarians who never made it past 6th grade that could run circles around most college Doctorates......Your argument is fallacious...

I know a number of octigenarians who never made it past 6th grade that could run circles around most college Doctorates......Your argument is fallacious...

Highly unlikely. Most people that say that kind of crap, get it from seeing ol' jim bob the drunk talking all kinds of nonsense and claiming they are some kind of genius.

Highly unlikely. Most people that say that kind of crap, get it from seeing ol' jim bob the drunk talking all kinds of nonsense and claiming they are some kind of genius.

I assume you have some academic, peer reviewed, research to back that up or are you just making shit up, again?

Don't bother - I already know the answer.

I assume you have some academic, peer reviewed, research to back that up or are you just making shit up, again?

Don't bother - I already know the answer.

Just look at your posts. You are a prime example of an ignorant moron that dropped out in the 5th grade that doesn't have a clue to what you are talking about, but you sure think you do,..

Last edited:

If the parents can't home school for whatever reason, they should have the option of private education of their choice.

No one is stopping them from paying for the private education of their choice.

If the parents can't home school for whatever reason, they should have the option of private education of their choice.

Now let me guess.. bibleing schools! Where "creation "science" is "taught". Yes, just what America needs to compete in the world!

Let just bring back mandatory Science and Math Classes and classes in critical thinking in order to graduate along with a foreign language requirement.

This IS child abuse!

:eusa_whistle::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

They can. They can pay for it

But I thought, according to liberals, if you can't afford something, it's not an option.

Between what goes on from other students, the quality of education, and the idiotic things kids are suspended for, parents must have the chance to keep their kids out of the public school system.

You don't think that there are ridiculous suspensions at Private Schools, Catholic Schools, etc?

Effective teaching is not as simple as most people assume it to be. In my area all of the public school teachers must either have a Masters degree or be working on one in order to be hired. That might not be a requirement everywhere but the quality of the public schools are on a par with the best private schools in the region.

Forum List

Back