Senior Citizens: The Trump/Clinton Dot

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A major voting sector in America is the senior citizen sector.

Senior citizens reliably vote in large numbers every presidential election.

Will this year's voting batch of senior citizens opt for the finance wizard Donald Trump or the gender-savvy Hillary Clinton?

Determining the candidates' pull//sway in this voting sector can help us evaluate the consistency of sanity.

arrow.jpg

55 when is when the senior designation begins...62 is when you can start taking social security........

A major voting sector in America is the senior citizen sector.

Senior citizens reliably vote in large numbers every presidential election.

Will this year's voting batch of senior citizens opt for the finance wizard Donald Trump or the gender-savvy Hillary Clinton?

Determining the candidates' pull//sway in this voting sector can help us evaluate the consistency of sanity.

View attachment 88207
My parents were life long dyed in the wool democrats....I took them to get registered republican in January so they could vote for Trump in the primary....Trump is all they and their senior circle talk about....never seen anything like it.....

It'll probably go about 50/50. Though I hope 100% of them are asking themselves how the fuck they let it come to this.
Ralph Nader has named 1978 when Democrat Tony Coelho was elected to the House as the year when his phone calls to leading politicians stopped being returned:

My party has lost its soul: Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and the victory of Wall Street Democrats

"In Reagan’s epic 1980 sweep the GOP picked up 12 Senate seats, the biggest gain of the last 60 years for either party. Nader had done his best business with Democrats, especially the liberal lions of the Senate; men like Warren Magnuson, Gaylord Nelson, Birch Bayh and George McGovern, all swept out to sea in the Reagan riptide.

"In the House, a freshman Democrat from California, Tony Coelho, took over party fundraising. It’s arguable that Coehlo’s impact on his party was as great as Reagan’s on his.

"It is inarguable that Coehlo set Democrats on an identity-altering path toward ever closer ties to big business and, especially, Wall Street.

"In 1985 moderate Democrats including Bill Clinton and Al Gore founded the Democratic Leadership Council, which proposed innovative policies while forging ever closer ties to business. Clinton would be the first Democratic presidential nominee since FDR and probably ever to raise more money than his Republican opponent. (Even Barry Goldwater outraised Lyndon Johnson.)

"In 2008 Obama took the torch passed to Clinton and became the first Democratic nominee to outraise a GOP opponent on Wall Street. His 2-to-1 spending advantage over John McCain broke a record Richard Nixon set in his drubbing of George McGovern."
If there's an answer to the question "how my generation let it come to this," I believe we should have seen how Wall Street would bring back Gilded Age wealth inequality once the living memory of the Great Depression and WWII died off.

Now, what the fuck are we going to do about it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back