Separation of church and state makes him want to throw up

It is about Human Rights, specifically in reference to Forced Marriage, Slavery, Mercy Killings, Mutilations.

PS..."foundation" is not the same as "purpose". Shall I get the definitions for you?

You can't be serious. You bitch about how separation of church and state is a myth, then I am Syphon provide a shitload of SCOTUS case law as you requested to demonstrate "why no it's not a myth" and now you want to split hairs over the definition of purpose and foundation. You're a fucking lunatic KG. :cuckoo:

What the hell are you rambling about now? You am syphon?

Your caselaw in no way supported your lying statement that the SCOTUS ruled that law could not be founded in religion.

i heard today that some buddhists want to add some buddhists symbols on the Federal Court House. anybody got a problem with that?

OooOooMESmilie.gif

Nope.

PS..."foundation" is not the same as "purpose". Shall I get the definitions for you?

You can't be serious. You bitch about how separation of church and state is a myth, then I am Syphon provide a shitload of SCOTUS case law as you requested to demonstrate "why no it's not a myth" and now you want to split hairs over the definition of purpose and foundation. You're a fucking lunatic KG. :cuckoo:

Your caselaw in no way supported your lying statement that the SCOTUS ruled that law could not be founded in religion.

Only in your twisted brain. The SCOTUS outranks you and they agree with me.

It is about Human Rights, specifically in reference to Forced Marriage, Slavery, Mercy Killings, Mutilations.

Exactly.

I would oppose Christians who wanted to bring Old Testament punishments into the US Code as well.

On the flip side, if a Muslim wants to run for office based on his faith and speaks of morality and his beliefs are that we don't violate the rights of others, Then I say run Mohammed, run........

Exactly.

I would oppose Christians who wanted to bring Old Testament punishments into the US Code as well.

On the flip side, if a Muslim wants to run for office based on his faith and speaks of morality and his beliefs are that we don't violate the rights of others, Then I say run Mohammed, run........

But most of the people who think santorum is so great because he's a religious zealot would have a nervous breakdown if a muslim were saying those things and would be shrieking about 'creeping sharia law'.

Exactly.

But most of the people who think santorum is so great because he's a religious zealot would have a nervous breakdown if a muslim were saying those things and would be shrieking about 'creeping sharia law'.

I can't speak for them because I am not one of them.

The Court is a Powerful Force, true enough, yet it can arbitrarily change It's position on a dime. The Trump Card there to effectively deal with Injustice is Constitutional Amendment.

Exactly.

Muslim Admits to Attacking Atheist; Muslim Judge Dismisses Case

Assault Victim | Threats | Quran-Minded Judge | The Daily Caller

BTW, My support for Santorum is not based on his religion.
I like his political position... he is the one who most lines up with my political beliefs.

Last edited:

Exactly.

Though Separation of Church and State is not Technically in the Constitution, It Is a Christian Principle. Matters of Conscience cannot be Dictated. They Must be Realized.

Sharia on the other hand Dictates Religious Rule over All of Our Lives, Islamic Religious Rule.

Just saying. :):):)

The Court is a Powerful Force, true enough, yet it can arbitrarily change It's position on a dime. The Trump Card there to effectively deal with Injustice is Constitutional Amendment.

That's not correct. The Court has always been an agent for change and is geared that way when working as it should be. Amendments were supposed to be few and far between, which is why there are only 27 of them in over 200 years.

By your theory, we'd still have segregation and intermarriage would be illegal. It is silly to think that the Court can't review legislation to ascertain if it is consistent with the constitution.

No, they don't. Again, you can't provide the verification that they said anything like "cannot found" law in religion.

Exactly.

Though Separation of Church and State is not Technically in the Constitution, It Is a Christian Principle. Matters of Conscience cannot be Dictated. They Must be Realized.

Sharia on the other hand Dictates Religious Rule over All of Our Lives, Islamic Religious Rule.

you say that... but to someone who isn't christian, i don't see a whole lot of difference and i don't want either of you legislating your belief systems.

not that i don't think you're terrific or anything. :razz:

That's not correct. The Court has always been an agent for change and is geared that way when working as it should be. Amendments were supposed to be few and far between, which is why there are only 27 of them in over 200 years.

By your theory, we'd still have segregation and intermarriage would be illegal. It is silly to think that the Court can't review legislation to ascertain if it is consistent with the constitution.

Also, even the Court can't arbitrarily change course. They have to give good solid legal reasons when reverse a decision, even a decision from a lower court, let alone a prior decision of their own court.

you say that... but to someone who isn't christian, i don't see a whole lot of difference and i don't want either of you legislating your belief systems.

So by your logic, only godless liberals qualify to make the laws.

You don't see the difference between say a Christian believing a thief should go to a jail and a Muslim believing a thief should have their hands cut off? Both are religious based, but one calls for a violation of our COTUS and the other does not.

We can legislate our belief systems. So long as we aren't legislating a state religion, or forcing people to observe a faith they do not agree with.

Passing laws in keeping with faith is NOT the same thing as legislating FAITH ITSELF. What is so difficult to understand about that?

Christians believe it's wrong to murder, steal, and perjure themselves...based upon the ten commandments. So does that mean they can't pass or propose legislation in accordance with those beliefs? Nope.

The fact is, the progressives use the "church/state" separation bs to justify their OWN trampling of the constitution when it comes to OPPRESSING their political adversaries based upon their FAITH.

So by your logic, only godless liberals qualify to make the laws.

And the only way to preserve the separation of church and state is to oppress those of faith, and not allow them to make laws.

Progressive logic. The only way to preserve the separation of church and state, and preserve religious freedom..is to oppress those who dare to openly profess their faith.

It's much like their logical argument that killing babies via abortion will save babies.

Same logic that the Nazis used.

Last edited:

No argument there. In fact they have changed their position on several issues (albeit so far not regarding church and state that I am aware of). But again as I said in an earlier post, people who desire US law to be legitimately based upon religion should be very careful what they wish for. Sharia Law has been brought up on this thread. I wrote in an earlier post : "While the citizens of the United States have historically been predominantly Christian, that is not to say that will always be the case...If the day were ever to come that Islam became the most common religion of the citizenry and we have previously opened the door to allow religion to be a legitimate basis upon which to make law and set policy, then we have lost our Constitutional argument against the imposition of Sharia Law."

I am a pretty spiritual guy, but there's no way in hell I would endorse the idea of government opening that door whether I was currently in the majority or not.

Forum List

Back