Sequestered Jury

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
I'm just curious what people think. Personally I think being forced to serve on a sequestered jury is an absolute violation of my civil rights.

Why should a person convicted of no crimes have to submit to involuntary confinement where his movements, reading material and private communications with family are restricted by the state?

I'm just curious what people think. Personally I think being forced to serve on a sequestered jury is an absolute violation of my civil rights.

Why should a person convicted of no crimes have to submit to involuntary confinement where his movements, reading material and private communications with family are restricted by the state?
Just like military conscription, mandatory jury sequestration is wholly incompatible with the very idea of individual freedom & rights.
The state has no right to strip away your freedoms for anything other than if convicted of a crime.

I was called into jury duty for the first time a year ago.
I went & they tried to get us to wear masks. Here in rural OK. I refused of course.
The first question they asked was if anyone was possibly exposed to rona or any other illness.
I was on my way home in less than 15 minutes with that get out of jail free card

I have Jury Duty in ten days

All jury selection is done online. You just stay home and they call you if you are going to be questioned for case.
You only have to report if you get picked for a trial

I have Jury Duty in ten days

All jury selection is done online. You just stay home and they call you if you are going to be questioned for case.
You only have to report if you get picked for a trial
Not the topic.

Is the state confining you against your will restricting your movement and censoring your communication simply because you may be chosen to serve on a jury a violation of your civil rights?

Civic duty
Stop whining
It's not my civic duty to be treated like a criminal.

I am more than capable of serving on a jury without being forcibly confined and having my movements restricted and personal communications censored.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how often does a sequestering happen? I was under the impression that it only happened during high profile cases.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back