Sessions recused himself -

He is in the position illegally as well...

The constitution States that no person with the responsibility of handing one of our agencies, that reports direct to the President, which Whitaker as acting AG does just that, can sit in the position without the advice and consent of the Senate.... and other laws written specifically for this..... in order to keep the department heads of agencies reporting directly to the President from becoming an "arm" of the president, that could be corrupt and the Senate is suppose to vet these people up and down and inside out, before they approve them.

Also, there is a law in place that gives the directions for the succession of who would be the head's replacement....

for the constitutional purpose above that was mentioned.... the Senate has to also give their advice and consent on the Deputy Attorney General and the Solicitor general.....and two other positions in the justice Dept have to be approved and consented by the Senate also, because they are in the succession of who replaces the AG when he resigns or is fired or dies. this allows the position to not be empty and an acting AG can be there immediately from this succession line, until the new AG appointed by the president can be vetted through the advice and consent of the Senate.

Rod Rosenstein or the Soliciter General, should have moved directly in to the AG position as acting AG.

Whitaker is there illegally and unconstitutionally.
Yeah, the whole army of Cheeto's lawyers missed all these finer points, while some anonymous chick on an obscure political message board dredged up the proper law, and its interpretation, to successfully block this temporary appointment.

Best get your resume padded and freshened up...The DNC needs you! :777:
They probably did not miss it and told him not to do it, but he did it anyway....

Trump may try to say the Senate had already vetted him, 14 YEARS AGO, for a prosecutor's position in one of the States, can't remember which one...GWB appointed him.

BUT, a lot can happen in 14 YEARS and he was NEVER vetted for a position that reported directly to the President...

Also, Trump really doesn't have the best talent out there as lawyers to the President.... no smart lawyer, wanted the position.... President Trump never listens to advice.... never follows the advice of his own personal lawyers either.

Watch something other than FOX, and you can hear the legal scholars talking about it! :D

Lol, yeah they are all on MSNBC, NPR, CNN, and so one. To dumb.

The constitution States that no person with the responsibility of handing one of our agencies, that reports direct to the President, which Whitaker as acting AG does just that, can sit in the position without the advice and consent of the Senate.... and other laws written specifically for this..... in order to keep the department heads of agencies reporting directly to the President from becoming an "arm" of the president, that could be corrupt and the Senate is suppose to vet these people up and down and inside out, before they approve them.

Also, there is a law in place that gives the directions for the succession of who would be the head's replacement....

for the constitutional purpose above that was mentioned.... the Senate has to also give their advice and consent on the Deputy Attorney General and the Solicitor general.....and two other positions in the justice Dept have to be approved and consented by the Senate also, because they are in the succession of who replaces the AG when he resigns or is fired or dies. this allows the position to not be empty and an acting AG can be there immediately from this succession line, until the new AG appointed by the president can be vetted through the advice and consent of the Senate.

Rod Rosenstein or the Soliciter General, should have moved directly in to the AG position as acting AG.

Presidents are allowed to make temporary appointments.
He's not AG, he's acting AG.
Acting, puts him in the position that reports directly to the President.... and we have an advice and consent Deputy AG and Solicitor General that have been fully vetted to step in to the position until the President can get his new person through confirmation by the senate.

Yeah, the whole army of Cheeto's lawyers missed all these finer points, while some anonymous chick on an obscure political message board dredged up the proper law, and its interpretation, to successfully block this temporary appointment.

They probably did not miss it and told him not to do it, but he did it anyway....

Trump may try to say the Senate had already vetted him, 14 YEARS AGO, for a prosecutor's position in one of the States, can't remember which one...GWB appointed him.

BUT, a lot can happen in 14 YEARS and he was NEVER vetted for a position that reported directly to the President...

Also, Trump really doesn't have the best talent out there as lawyers to the President.... no smart lawyer, wanted the position.... President Trump never listens to advice.... never follows the advice of his own personal lawyers either.

Watch something other than FOX, and you can hear the legal scholars talking about it! :D

Well, yes...those channels INVITED the Constitutional Scholars to explain it all....

now it's Whitaker's turn ..

he was Sessions' chief of staff in September 2017.

Justice Department regulation that lead to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s recusal might (ironically) be implicated here as well. It provides that no employee “shall participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship” with “[a]ny person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution” or “[a]ny person or organization which he knows has a specific and substantial interest that would be directly affected by the outcome of the investigation or prosecution.”

You are a moron. Just a clueless dumb fuck. You have zero idea what you are talking about, but please, do tell us why Sessions recused him self?
He recused himself, because he was involved in the Trump Campaign, and the Trump Campaign was being investigated.

He did not do this on his own, Sessions followed protocol and presented his case to the Ethics Committee and it was the Ethics committee that told him that he should recuse himself from the investigation.

Sessions truly had no choice, if he wanted to keep his name honest and keep his law license.

There is no rule nor reason nor law that says sessions had to recuse. He is a gullible dupe. This next dude, not so much. You need to find new legal scholars. I know you are banking heavy on this, you even believe Trump payed hookers to piss on token negros bed. Just be ready. I’m hoping you get let down easy.

Well, yes...those channels INVITED the Constitutional Scholars to explain it all....

Yet you quote none by name that’s not a political commentator?

Presidents are allowed to make temporary appointments.
He's not AG, he's acting AG.
Acting, puts him in the position that reports directly to the President.... and we have an advice and consent Deputy AG and Solicitor General that have been fully vetted to step in to the position until the President can get his new person through confirmation by the senate.

Matthew Whitaker joined the Trump Justice Department as Sessions’s chief of staff in October 2017. The date is relevant. The president has named him as acting attorney general under the Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 (the relevant provisions are codified at Sections 3345 and 3346 of Title 5, U.S. Code). There has been some commentary suggesting that because Whitaker was in a job (chief of staff) that did not require Senate confirmation, he could not become the “acting officer” in a position (AG) that calls for Senate confirmation. Not so. The Vacancies Act enables the president to name an acting officer, who may serve as such for 210 days, as long as the person named has been working at the agency or department for at least 90 days in a fairly high-ranking position. Whitaker qualifies.

Jeff Sessions’s Attorney General Role to Be Filled by Matthew Whitaker | National Review

Andrew McCarthy thinks he can serve for 210 days.

Why would he recuse himself when there is no conflict?
(if youre referring to Whitaker, look at this)

Because Sessions was involved with the campaign, and lied about russia under oath. He recused after consulting with ethics officer.

Attorney General Sessions Statement on Recusal
Attorney General Jeff Sessions today issued the following statement:

“During the course of the confirmation proceedings on my nomination to be Attorney General, I advised the Senate Judiciary Committee that ‘f a specific matter arose where I believed my impartiality might reasonably be questioned, I would consult with Department ethics officials regarding the most appropriate way to proceed.’

“During the course of the last several weeks, I have met with the relevant senior career Department officials to discuss whether I should recuse myself from any matters arising from the campaigns for President of the United States.

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

“I have taken no actions regarding any such matters, to the extent they exist.

“This announcement should not be interpreted as confirmation of the existence of any investigation or suggestive of the scope of any such investigation.

“Consistent with the succession order for the Department of Justice, Acting Deputy Attorney General and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Dana Boente shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General with respect to any matters from which I have recused myself to the extent they exist.”

Last edited:

Because Sessions was involved with the campaign, and lied about russia under oath. He recused after consulting with ethics officer.

“During the course of the confirmation proceedings on my nomination to be Attorney General, I advised the Senate Judiciary Committee that ‘f a specific matter arose where I believed my impartiality might reasonably be questioned, I would consult with Department ethics officials regarding the most appropriate way to proceed.’

“During the course of the last several weeks, I have met with the relevant senior career Department officials to discuss whether I should recuse myself from any matters arising from the campaigns for President of the United States.

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

“This announcement should not be interpreted as confirmation of the existence of any investigation or suggestive of the scope of any such investigation.

“Consistent with the succession order for the Department of Justice, Acting Deputy Attorney General and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Dana Boente shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General with respect to any matters from which I have recused myself to the extent they exist.”

Because Sessions was involved with the campaign, and lied about russia under oath.

You're lying.

Justice Department regulation that lead to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s recusal might (ironically) be implicated here as well. It provides that no employee “shall participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship” with “[a]ny person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution” or “[a]ny person or organization which he knows has a specific and substantial interest that would be directly affected by the outcome of the investigation or prosecution.”

This doofus Mueller has been "working" on this for 2 freaking years.

Its really pathetic that he hasn't found a dam thing about collusion with the Russians.

How much time, how much money do libs want to spend on this pathetic loser.

President Trump was irritated with Magoo, for allowing the Mueller Atrocity to continue for as long as it did.

Libs have been complaining about the budget deficit, getting rid of wasteful investigations might be a good start.

Not even 18 months, try again. Bet you felt the same about Whitewater, AMIRITE?

Because Sessions was involved with the campaign, and lied about russia under oath.

You're lying.
The Papadoplous testimony says sessions did lie, or misrepresent or whatever you want to call it.

View attachment 227867

Eviltarians for the win!

Even if all that nonsense was true, it does not provide Whitaker a conflict

You're lying.
The Papadoplous testimony says sessions did lie, or misrepresent or whatever you want to call it.

This?

During testimony in front of the House Judiciary Committee on November 14, Sessions was asked whether he opposed Papadopoulos’ proposal. To which Sessions responded, “Yes, I pushed back.”

Wow! LOL!

This doofus Mueller has been "working" on this for 2 freaking years.

Its really pathetic that he hasn't found a dam thing about collusion with the Russians.

How much time, how much money do libs want to spend on this pathetic loser.

President Trump was irritated with Magoo, for allowing the Mueller Atrocity to continue for as long as it did.

Libs have been complaining about the budget deficit, getting rid of wasteful investigations might be a good start.
18 months
NOT 2 years

It was and is an extremely big investigation.... just a smitten is involved with the Trump Campaign being investigated.... over 20 indictments on the Russians though.... his team has been busy little bees.... and quite productive!

He really hasn't moved on the indictments against the Russian defendants.

President Trump has arranged with President Putin to invite Mueller's people to Moscow to speak with the defendants and maybe work out deals. But so far, nothing at all from Mueller. Putin could also get Mueller's people access to Russian Federation landfills, to compare the DNA on ruined mattresses with known Russian hoes

When will Mueller recuse himself?
I bet he has met some Russians too.
I think everyone on Mueller's staff should recuse themselves.
Anyone who worked for Obama or Hillary must recuse themselves.....NOW!!!

Forum List

Back