Sessions Spoke Twice With Russian Ambassador During Trump’s Presidential Campaign

Sessions was a sitting senator. Not a member of his campaign.

You guys are desperate

They probably have the telephone recordings as the Russian phone lines were wire taped, and that's how they busted General Flynn for lying.

Obama had the Russian phone lines wire taped as soon as he knew it was the Russians doing the hacking.

Regardless Jeff Session lied to congress when asked about it. No Senator calls the Russians anyway, that again is usurping the Obama administration authority and is in violation of the Logan Act.
You fucking moron! The US government has been recording EVERY fucking phone call to and from the former soviet union, now Russia since the fucking telephone was invented.
BONOBO didn't suddenly wake up and tell the NSA to start recording russina phone calls!
What are you? Ten years old?
Sessions DID NOT "call the Russians". He took DOZENS of phone calls from foreign government officials in his capacity as a sitting Senator. Russian officials included.
You're seriously going to look once again like a fucking idiot when Schumer goes on CNN and states: "We have conducted a thorough in depth investigation into every aspect of any involvement within President Trump's campaign staff and have found no evidence whatsoever of any wrongdoing".
You LIB assholes are so DESPERATE you have to literally invent your bullshit accusations.
Please continue though. You're doing a wonderful job of making positive the REPs get a 'Super Majority' in the Senate next year.
Barry had extra motivation to target Trump and his aides . nominees

Meeting with the ambassador is not the issue. Sessions was a Senator well within the parameters of his role to do so. IF he lied under oath about it, there will be consequences. Trump can make them go away, but it needs to be addressed.

The Justice Depoartment said Wednesday that "there was absolutely nothing misleading about [Sessions'] answer [to Franken]. He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee."

Read it again:

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” answered Sessions, one of Trump’s earliest and most prominent supporters during the campaign. “I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

Does Sessions statement "I did not have communications with the Russians" reflect the truth?
Read it again. The ambassador isn't the Russians. The charge was a conspiracy with the campaign and Russian operatives.
"If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government, in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Mr Sessions responded: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians. And I'm unable to comment on it."
Read it again. The ambassador isn't the Russians. The charge was a conspiracy with the campaign and Russian operatives. He wasn't asked if he talked to any Russian for any reason. For all you know they talked about golf and grabbing pussy.

Top GOP members are calling for Sessions to RECUSE himself.

Top Republicans said Thursday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions should recuse himself from federal investigations of whether Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said during an appearance on MSNBC Thursday morning that Sessions should bow out to maintain “the trust of the American people.”

Minutes later, House Oversight and Government Reform committee chairman Jason Chaffetz joined McCarthy’s call, tweeting that “AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself.”

The calls from two of the House’s most prominent Republicans follow revelations that Sessions met with the Russian ambassador during election season. Under oath in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee for his confirmation hearing in January, Sessions had said that he had not met with any Russian officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...e0dbe4f2bca_story.html?utm_term=.03c41efcca2d

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice in 2016 with Russia's ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, but did not mention this during his confirmation hearing to become U.S. attorney general. Sessions was asked about possible contacts between President Trump's campaign and the Russian government. (Victoria Walker/The Washington Post)

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

When Sessions spoke with Kislyak in July and September, the senator was a senior member of the influential Armed Services Committee as well as one of Trump’s top foreign policy advisers. Sessions played a prominent role supporting Trump on the stump after formally joining the campaign in February 2016.

Much More: Sessions Spoke Twice With Russian Ambassador During Trump’s Presidential Campaign, Justice Officials Say

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking

Apparently Sessions lied, under oath, about having contact with Russia during Trump's campaign. Therefore, he must recuse himself from any Trump-Russia investigations - and he must be investigated. In hindsight - President Obama should have blown the whistle on all this while he was still in office.
A sitting senator talking with a Russian ambassador. The horror, the horror.

Seriously, if this is the best you have, Trump has nothing to fear.
Top law enforcement official in the country lying under oath.

Yes, horrors. For Seshuns, and the Trumpledores.
Lying under oath is a problem that needs to be addressed. Talking to the ambassador is not. Much like Bubba's impeachment, having sex with Monica wasn't an issue, but lying about it under oath was.
But he didn't lie the context asked was regarding his time during election team not his foreign affairs work pre joining the team and context was about discussing elections, he never met with any Russians to discuss the elections, he met regarding foreign affairs many countries ambassador, that's called doing your job.
Guilt by association means Clinton must have been involved with the Orlando terror attack since the terrorist Father was at her Rally behind her. She claimed she never met him or knew him, but using this logic of association=Clinton conspired in terrorism against our own country.
Notice your logic is flawed only when it reflexes back what you are saying into your own treassured collegues.
Implying things is not nice=thou shalt not bare false witness.

hide and watch sport ..

Sessions was asked twice during his conformation if he had any contact with Russia ... he lied twice, No.

F-U-C-K-E-D ....

study that one ..

Bullshit...he was asked if he had any contact FOR THE CAMPAIGN and he did not......FAKE NEWS

The fake news just never stops. It is like a turbid avalanche of bullshit which seeks the lowest spot to accumulate.

What's fake... Sessions lied under oath... Nothing fake about that...

You are just shouting 'Fake News' on every piece of information that troubles you...

Does Sessions statement "I did not have communications with the Russians" reflect the truth?
Does Sessions' statement equate to any illegal activity?

Ummmm, no.

Did Clinton's statement "I did not have sex with that woman" equate to any illegal activity? Think before answering.
Bill Clinton LIED and was impeached because he LIED!
Fucking scumbag!
So did Sessions under Oath during his hearing...

Fucking scumbag!

[/QUOTE]
/---- Another NON story to distract the Dem base from Hildabeast's horrible campaign. "This too shall pass."

Bill Clinton sold or gave nuclear technology to N.K. and they built a bomb. Later Clinton sold ICBM technology to China against the advice of everyone in the intelligence community to make a buck for his biggest political contributor. When 9-11 terrorists were attending flight school Clinton was bombing freaking Europe. Hillary paved the way for Russia to obtain lucrative uranium sites when she was Secy/State during the Obama administration and the Clinton foundation made a windfall. Tell me again how bad it was for Sessions to talk to the freaking Russian ambassador?

Standard answer to when the truth hurts Trump....

Invent shit about Clinton...

This post makes your contribution worthless..

How did he lie when his contact with the Russian ambassador and others involved his day job?

Not the campaign. Cripes one meeting took place at a Heritage Foundation event and the ambassadors approached him. Right in the article.
Then why did Sessions lie under oath?

He didn't.

"Sarah Isgur Flores, Mr. Sessions’s spokeswoman, said “there was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer” because he did not communicate with the ambassador in his capacity as a Trump campaign surrogate.

She said Mr. Sessions had at least 25 conversations in 2016 with ambassadors from a range of nations — including Britain, Japan, China, Germany and Russia — while on the Senate Armed Services Committee."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/politics/obama-trump-russia-election-hacking.html?_r=1

He said he had no contact with Russians - under oath.

That's not what they asked him.
They asked him if he had any contact with Russians in regards to the 2016 election.

Funny. I heard what they asked him. I heard what Senator Al Franken asked him. I heard what Sessions said - under oath. BTW, Senator Al Franken will be on Morning Joe this morning. Tune in...

It's very fitting your avatar is a crying wolf.

The fake news just never stops. It is like a turbid avalanche of bullshit which seeks the lowest spot to accumulate.

What's fake... Sessions lied under oath... Nothing fake about that...

You are just shouting 'Fake News' on every piece of information that troubles you...

Sad to see you repeating allegations as fact with no evidence provided. Again, what role did Sessions have with the Trump campaign? And, were the meetings secret and not in line with his role as a Senator?

Does Sessions' statement equate to any illegal activity?

Ummmm, no.
It's illegal to lie under oath.

He never lied, if you read the question he was asked he answered it based on that question not the media or dems implication tactic.
Furthermore it's not unusual to protect classified info by not discussing it (imagine that). How would you like outting the ambassador to Russia to his homeland whereby they might not have known about the meeting and for reasons we can't disclose and now he gets in trouble or even killed over the Dems stupidity and petty vengeances? Or we lose a valuable source over the leaks the Dems do with their media attacks on classified info. Some things have to remain internal not public for a reason and we see once again Dems breaking this law pn spying & classified info.

What you are now finding is the peculiar call to remove him from any investigation but this is a darker strategy if you notice the criminals are asking him to recuse himself so that he will not be able to go after them for their many criminal acts as it would now be a conflict of interest as they'll claim he was getting retribution on those senators.
In other words they don't want to be prosecuted for some of these acts they did sabotaging the president, including their found spying and leaking of classified info.
But also perhaps they feel they might get charged for bringing up false charges and wasting tax payers money.
This tactic protects them somewhat.
Sessions KNOWS what the LIBs are attempting to do.
If he ends up recusing himself the person who takes his place WILL NOT be a fucking LIB.
That you all can bank on.
When this is over there is going to be a fucking school bus load of seditious LIB traitors going to federal prison...including some radical LIB MSM bobble heads from CNN/WAPO/NYT/MSNBC.
If BONOBO isn't careful he'll end up sitting in front of a committee taking 'the Fifth'.

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice in 2016 with Russia's ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, but did not mention this during his confirmation hearing to become U.S. attorney general. Sessions was asked about possible contacts between President Trump's campaign and the Russian government. (Victoria Walker/The Washington Post)

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

When Sessions spoke with Kislyak in July and September, the senator was a senior member of the influential Armed Services Committee as well as one of Trump’s top foreign policy advisers. Sessions played a prominent role supporting Trump on the stump after formally joining the campaign in February 2016.

Much More: Sessions Spoke Twice With Russian Ambassador During Trump’s Presidential Campaign, Justice Officials Say

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking

Apparently Sessions lied, under oath, about having contact with Russia during Trump's campaign. Therefore, he must recuse himself from any Trump-Russia investigations - and he must be investigated. In hindsight - President Obama should have blown the whistle on all this while he was still in office.
A sitting senator talking with a Russian ambassador. The horror, the horror.

Seriously, if this is the best you have, Trump has nothing to fear.
Top law enforcement official in the country lying under oath.

Yes, horrors. For Seshuns, and the Trumpledores.
Lying under oath is a problem that needs to be addressed. Talking to the ambassador is not. Much like Bubba's impeachment, having sex with Monica wasn't an issue, but lying about it under oath was.
But he didn't lie the context asked was regarding his time during election team not his foreign affairs work pre joining the team and context was about discussing elections, he never met with any Russians to discuss the elections, he met regarding foreign affairs many countries ambassador, that's called doing your job.
Guilt by association means Clinton must have been involved with the Orlando terror attack since the terrorist Father was at her Rally behind her. She claimed she never met him or knew him, but using this logic of association=Clinton conspired in terrorism against our own country.
Notice your logic is flawed only when it reflexes back what you are saying into your own treassured collegues.
Implying things is not nice=thou shalt not bare false witness.
Then there shouldn't be any problem and this is just another desperate attempt to smear the president.

The Justice Depoartment said Wednesday that "there was absolutely nothing misleading about [Sessions'] answer [to Franken]. He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee."

Read it again:

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” answered Sessions, one of Trump’s earliest and most prominent supporters during the campaign. “I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

Read it again. The ambassador isn't the Russians. The charge was a conspiracy with the campaign and Russian operatives.
"If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government, in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Mr Sessions responded: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians. And I'm unable to comment on it."
Read it again. The ambassador isn't the Russians. The charge was a conspiracy with the campaign and Russian operatives. He wasn't asked if he talked to any Russian for any reason. For all you know they talked about golf and grabbing pussy.
And the grandkids.

Forum List

Back