Sessions Spoke Twice With Russian Ambassador During Trump’s Presidential Campaign

He didn't.

"Sarah Isgur Flores, Mr. Sessions’s spokeswoman, said “there was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer” because he did not communicate with the ambassador in his capacity as a Trump campaign surrogate.

She said Mr. Sessions had at least 25 conversations in 2016 with ambassadors from a range of nations — including Britain, Japan, China, Germany and Russia — while on the Senate Armed Services Committee."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/politics/obama-trump-russia-election-hacking.html?_r=1

He said he had no contact with Russians - under oath.

That's not what they asked him.
They asked him if he had any contact with Russians in regards to the 2016 election.

Senators don't talk to high level Russian officials. That is the Secretary of State's primary responsibility, or in this case John Kerry representing the Obama administration. A republican Jeff Sessions is not representing the Obama administration. His sole responsibility is to represent his constituents in Alabama. There was NO reason for Jeff Sessions or General Flynn to be talking to high level Russian officials during the CAMPAIGN SEASON.

Now this is the second time this has happened, and you used the same excuse for General Flynn who also lied to the FBI and others and got fired over it.

Sessions lied to congress. He cannot be Attorney General and expected to be trusted when he is in charge of the FBI & DOJ, and especially with this ongoing investigation into this Russian hacking of DNC databases, which he appears to be heavily involved in.

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg
Sessions was on the Armed Services Committee and certainly had conversations with foreign officials.

Flynn did not lie to the FBI. He made a misstatement to the vice president.

I want to get Franken's exact question directly from C Span because it will prove Sessions is telling the truth.

Franken was hitting Sessions over the dossier and the campaign. This is from Brietbart but I want to get the real link.

Here, via C-SPAN, is the transcript:

Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.”

These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know.

But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Franken: Very well.

Fake News: Media, Dems Distort Remarks to Target Jeff Sessions

All that I see here is they spoke twice. That could have been a hi in passing, or at a party, and that would qualify enough to the left. Yet would not be of significance enough to mention. We shall wait and see.
Since when is it unusual for a senator to speak to ambassadors?

Since when is it unusual for Senators to lie? Er... wait, since never.
Yeah, remember, Bill, and the AG having a conversation on a plane, and she had to recuse herself? It doesn't matter what they talked about. He said he never talked to the Russian ambassadors during the campaign. He did. He lied.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

In the capacity of the campaign. Huge difference.
All that I see here is they spoke twice. That could have been a hi in passing, or at a party, and that would qualify enough to the left. Yet would not be of significance enough to mention. We shall wait and see.
Since when is it unusual for a senator to speak to ambassadors?

Since when is it unusual for Senators to lie? Er... wait, since never.
Yeah, remember, Bill, and the AG having a conversation on a plane, and she had to recuse herself? It doesn't matter what they talked about. He said he never talked to the Russian ambassadors during the campaign. He did. He lied.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

There is a double standard.

Lieberals are desperate for ANYTHING at this point.

Sessions, Russian ambassador reportedly spoke twice during presidential campaign
Attorney General Jeff Sessions reportedly had two conversations with Russia's ambassador to the U.S. during last year's presidential campaign, while Sessions was still a senator.

News of the conversations were first reported by The Washington Post. The Wall Street Journal reported that U.S. investigators had examined contacts between Sessions and Russian officials and that the Justice Department was "wringing its hands" about how to proceed in the matter.

The Journal reported that Sessions did not know that his communications were under investigation.

When contacted by Fox News late Wednesday, Sessions said, "I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign. I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false."

A White House statement said the story was "the latest attack agaisnt the Trump Administration by partisan Democrats."

The Justice Department said late Wednesday that one of the discussions between Sessions and Sergey Kislyak was an office visit that occurred in Sessions' capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. The second conversation took place in a group setting with other ambassadors following a Heritage Foundation speech.

Reports about the meetings appeared to contradict a statement Sessions made during his confirmation hearing in January.

Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., how he would respond "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign."

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” answered Sessions, one of Trump’s earliest and most prominent supporters during the campaign. “I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

The Justice Depoartment said Wednesday that "there was absolutely nothing misleading about [Sessions'] answer [to Franken]. He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee."

Sessions had meetings last year with more than 25 foreign ambassadors, the Department said.

Lieberals are desperate for ANYTHING at this point.

Sessions, Russian ambassador reportedly spoke twice during presidential campaign
Attorney General Jeff Sessions reportedly had two conversations with Russia's ambassador to the U.S. during last year's presidential campaign, while Sessions was still a senator.

News of the conversations were first reported by The Washington Post. The Wall Street Journal reported that U.S. investigators had examined contacts between Sessions and Russian officials and that the Justice Department was "wringing its hands" about how to proceed in the matter.

The Journal reported that Sessions did not know that his communications were under investigation.

When contacted by Fox News late Wednesday, Sessions said, "I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign. I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false."

A White House statement said the story was "the latest attack agaisnt the Trump Administration by partisan Democrats."

The Justice Department said late Wednesday that one of the discussions between Sessions and Sergey Kislyak was an office visit that occurred in Sessions' capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. The second conversation took place in a group setting with other ambassadors following a Heritage Foundation speech.

Reports about the meetings appeared to contradict a statement Sessions made during his confirmation hearing in January.

Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., how he would respond "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign."

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” answered Sessions, one of Trump’s earliest and most prominent supporters during the campaign. “I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

The Justice Depoartment said Wednesday that "there was absolutely nothing misleading about [Sessions'] answer [to Franken]. He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee."

Sessions had meetings last year with more than 25 foreign ambassadors, the Department said.

Bingo.

Now maybe the lefty loons can find something else to have a hissy fit about.

Especially Shittingbull.

'Sessions Spoke Twice With Russian Ambassador During Trump’s Presidential Campaign'

SO?

1. More (Illegal) leaks by the seditious CIA?

2. They tried this sh!t with Flynn, and the only reason he stepped down was because he kept his conversations from Pence - he never did anything wrong / illegal. In FACT, they said what he was doing was part of his job!

Please provide the EXACT illegal act here...beside the CIA's.

BTW - time to bring the head of the CIA into the Oval Office and FIRE HIS ASS! He obviously can't run / control his agency.

And speaking of 'Firing'...

"NYT: Obama aides spread intelligence on Trump associates and Russia...

White House staff told to preserve materials..."

Time to make a 'clean sweep' in the WH - Fire every 'loyal Obama aide / WH Staff Member' - get the point across that this is NOT Obama's government any more, and 'traitors' / 'saboteurs' will not be tolerated. Get on board or GTFO!

Last edited:

Read it again:

Does Sessions statement "I did not have communications with the Russians" reflect the truth?

Did Clinton's statement "I did not have sex with that woman" equate to any illegal activity? Think before answering.

1. Immoral, unethical - not illegal.

2. Clinton was not Impeached for his adulterous affair with Lewinski or the publicly humiliating lie he told. he was impeached because he intentionally attempted to strip a woman of her Constitutional Right to a Fair Trial in regards to his sexual harassment. For his calculated deceit while under oath Clinton was found GUILTY of 'Contempt of Court', for which he was stripped of his license to practice law.

AGAIN, Flynn did nothing illegal nor has Sessions, which was / is my point. Rather than bring up Slick Willy as a failed diversion, how about pointing out the law Sessions broke, as I requested, if you think he did so?

Does Sessions statement "I did not have communications with the Russians" reflect the truth?
Does Sessions' statement equate to any illegal activity?

Ummmm, no.
It's illegal to lie under oath.
Was he under oath? Link? If so, by all means he broke the law and should be punished.

IF so, as usual, it is usually not the act that is illegal but the lie / cover-up that is. Flynn did nothing illegal, but his 'cover-up' did him in.

Read it again:

Read it again. The ambassador isn't the Russians. The charge was a conspiracy with the campaign and Russian operatives.

Does Sessions' statement equate to any illegal activity?

Ummmm, no.
It's illegal to lie under oath.
Was he under oath? Link? If so, by all means he broke the law and should be punished.

IF so, as usual, it is usually not the act that is illegal but the lie / cover-up that is. Flynn did nothing illegal, but his 'cover-up' did him in.
Yes. He was under oath.

Read it again:

Read it again. The ambassador isn't the Russians. The charge was a conspiracy with the campaign and Russian operatives.
"If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government, in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Mr Sessions responded: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians. And I'm unable to comment on it."

Forum List

Back