Sex with Robots to be the Norm in 50 years

My preference is to be alone. But if I had a companion that had an off switch, that would be okay.

So, basically, a companion that when you had enough, would just leave you alone and be OK with that?
What if you were in the mood, and they weren't? Would that be OK too?
As I understand it, mood isn't an issue with robots. Turn them off and put them in their charging stations. Issues of feelings belong with people.

I'm not bitter. A bit disgusted perhaps but not bitter. Guys, get a backbone, please. I don't want to hear about how sensitive you are. I don't want to see you cry at sad movies. I especially do not want you to touch me. It feels like centipedes crawling. Be a man, then maybe I wouldn't be so disgusted.
Sounds like you have daddy issues. Pick a different kind of man.

You don't just "pick" men! You either are attracted to one or not!
You could go to counseling to try to "retrain" your brain, but that is at the person's option (maybe she is happy the way she is.....)
I am certainly much happier now than when I was younger and still dating. I would not treat anyone kindly who would take my found happiness from me.

No one can take your happiness...
You can only allow that to happen......
That's what makes the words "fuck off" so useful.

My preference is to be alone. But if I had a companion that had an off switch, that would be okay.

So, basically, a companion that when you had enough, would just leave you alone and be OK with that?
As I understand it, mood isn't an issue with robots. Turn them off and put them in their charging stations. Issues of feelings belong with people.

You have feelings.
So you think you could remain happy and stable alone?

Generally, on more than one level, people are moving away from human to human interaction.

Robot sex and immersive virtual reality games might end most forms of personal contact.

Well that sounds terrible. You might not like men, but I do. I think most people would rather have another person around and most are actually joking about the robot.
I love men! Most of them anyway. I just don't like the way they behave. I would much prefer a manly fake that would only do what they were programmed to do and not bitch about not getting their needs met.

Well, maybe it's your choice with men. Also, we must look at the "common denominator." Perhaps it is you who is difficult to get along with?

I don't care how difficult I am to get along with. It's not my problem. I'm not the one looking to get along.

A man that has an off switch is pretty attractive. Shut up, go sit in the corner until I'm ready to hear from you, has got to be an improvement.
Ever consider being a domineering matrix?

You have feelings.
So you think you could remain happy and stable alone?
So far it has worked out very well.

It seems that it's women and maybe some effeminate men that place emphasis on feelings. Most of the time men would look at humanoid robots as something to have sex with and put them in the closet until next time.

Women have a need for a relationship. You don't really need one you know. It's all in your head.

It seems that it's women and maybe some effeminate men that place emphasis on feelings. Most of the time men would look at humanoid robots as something to have sex with and put them in the closet until next time.

Women have a need for a relationship. You don't really need one you know. It's all in your head.

Everyone is different
You can't put people in a "box" because we are all born out of our experiences.
It's hard for people to accept others that think differently from themselves. They reject it because, they are insecure and it makes them wonder about the appropriateness or validity of their own feelings.

This is why getting to a point of self-actualization in your life is so important.
What others think, say and do becomes a non-issue. And you can live your life as you see fit.

What's interesting is that men find synthetic people good for quick meaningless sex and women want a meaningful relationship.

Factually, men are willing to trade the illusion of a meaningful relationship for quick meaningless sex.
So what's your point?

She seems a bit bitter towards men, if you ask me. Not that you were, but I put in contros anyway. :D
I'm not bitter. A bit disgusted perhaps but not bitter. Guys, get a backbone, please. I don't want to hear about how sensitive you are. I don't want to see you cry at sad movies. I especially do not want you to touch me. It feels like centipedes crawling. Be a man, then maybe I wouldn't be so disgusted.
Dear Lord! Stop dating metrosexuals. The only way you'd get my husband too watch a sad movie is if I promised him a blow job at the end of the night. lol

Seriously we have pussified men in this country. I don't want any of that sensitive crap either and neither does my husband. I like a little affection directed my way but not some weepy crap. I just got back from a 10 day trip, Hubby was obviously happy to see me but didn't get all mushy about it. He just said "I missed you,please no more long trips" AKA I had nobody to cook and clean for me and I'm horny as hell.

I'm not allowed to go on long trips..
Apparently, I'm not trustworthy...... ;)

I don't want to date anyone. I don't want to hear about their feelings and how valid they are. What others think and feel has absolutely no bearing on my life at all. That's what makes the words "fuck off" so valuable.

The idea of someone missing me makes me gag. I would have an irresistible urge to tell them to fuck off. Before my husband died I was gone for two weeks and he knew better than to say something as asinine as he missed me. That's a very weak thing to say. Even if he felt that way, he would never display that weakness in front of me.

Well I was traveling with my mother and sister to a wedding in Erie PA. We decided to turn it into a vacation. We hit up Philadelphia,Gettysburg,Pittsburg,Erie and Ithaca NY. The wedding was lovely and seeing my cousin for the first time in 10 years we had a lot to get caught up on. Hubby knows I'm trustworthy. He would be afraid for my safety if I was traveling alone and wouldn't want me to go by myself so having my mother and sister was perfect. I called every night regardless to check in with him and make sure he fed the fish.

I don't want to date anyone. I don't want to hear about their feelings and how valid they are. What others think and feel has absolutely no bearing on my life at all. That's what makes the words "fuck off" so valuable.

The idea of someone missing me makes me gag. I would have an irresistible urge to tell them to fuck off. Before my husband died I was gone for two weeks and he knew better than to say something as asinine as he missed me. That's a very weak thing to say. Even if he felt that way, he would never display that weakness in front of me.

There are weak and needy people in the world
Why does that bother you?

Well I was traveling with my mother and sister to a wedding in Erie PA. We decided to turn it into a vacation. We hit up Philadelphia,Gettysburg,Pittsburg,Erie and Ithaca NY. The wedding was lovely and seeing my cousin for the first time in 10 years we had a lot to get caught up on. Hubby knows I'm trustworthy. He would be afraid for my safety if I was traveling alone and wouldn't want me to go by myself so having my mother and sister was perfect. I called every night regardless to check in with him and make sure he fed the fish.

That's awesome.
I totally trust my husband (but he thinks that means I don't care..........)
I want him to go out, live life and have fun. I'm introverted and don't want to hold him back.
He's very conscientious though... I wish he would be a bit more selfish in that area!

That's awesome.
I totally trust my husband (but he thinks that means I don't care..........)
I want him to go out, live life and have fun. I'm introverted and don't want to hold him back.
He's very conscientious though... I wish he would be a bit more selfish in that area!
I'm an introvert too. I just don't socialize well and prefer to be by myself. I do encourage hubby to do things by himself that he likes as we don't seem to like the same things. He does but not as much as he should.

My goodness. I cannot believe how lonely people must be. If you really think about it, this is actually kind of sad and pathetic. Well, that's my opinion anyway. :)
I've come across advertisements, even in some relatively ordinary catalogs, such as The Carol Wright mail-order catalog, with several pages which suggest that "sex toys" (dildos) comprise a quietly thriving little industry. And I recall reading somewhere that many married women secretly own vibrators and dildos because they've never met men, including husbands whom they love and respect, who could fully satisfy them.

My goodness. I cannot believe how lonely people must be. If you really think about it, this is actually kind of sad and pathetic. Well, that's my opinion anyway. :)
I've come across advertisements, even in some relatively ordinary catalogs, such as The Carol Wright mail-order catalog, with several pages which suggest that "sex toys" (dildos) comprise a quietly thriving little industry. And I recall reading somewhere that many married women secretly own vibrators and dildos because they've never met men, including husbands whom they love and respect, who could fully satisfy them.

I've never owned one or either.... I don't "get" the need for them..............

I don't want to be one of them. Not would I want one close to me. Other than that, they can do whatever they want.

I don't want to be one of them. Not would I want one close to me. Other than that, they can do whatever they want.

Are you attracted to women?

Sounds like you have daddy issues. Pick a different kind of man.

You don't just "pick" men! You either are attracted to one or not!
You could go to counseling to try to "retrain" your brain, but that is at the person's option (maybe she is happy the way she is.....)
Total nonsense. You have a Hollywood notion of romance. Attraction is important but a smart person isn't led by it. You can be attracted to a bum, and many women are. That's their fault.

Forum List

Back