Sheriff rejects popcorn killer’s ‘stand your ground’ defense: ‘Why didn’t he move sea

so far the facts show that the other guy was actually a nut job.

1. the old guy asked him to stop texting as is the rule. he did not.
2. the old guy did not quarrel, but instead went to the administration to complain - actually the perfect proof he was trying to resolve the matter in a civilized manner.
3. When he returned, the texting guy got all up in arms because he was mad that the guy complained about him.

the detailed process how did it escalate further is up to the investigation to find out.

But if the wife of the killed man was trying to hold him back and he WAS yelling - that is a proof of a threat to the old guy.

Would it be enough to get him acquitted? from the murder charges - most probably, for manslaughter ones - I don't know.

Well, unfortunately, this is Florida, where they let guys who shoot children in the street walk if they are the wrong race or social class, so there's that.

This guy needs to go to prison for the rest of his life, first degree murder. And we need to stop giving guns out to any asshole who wants one.

well, unfortunately, this is the US and it is so far a law governed society.
And the laws will decide if what happened was justified or not.

In a meanwhile it would be better to refresh and undust some old rules of living in the society and the manners which has been helping to live for centuries.
If the young guy would just stop texting or just go outside - he will be alive today.

Simple, isn't it?

The wife raised her hand to shield her husband..

A reasonable man would have changed his seat.. rather than get pushy about some parent texting the babysitter.

Or the texter could have gone into the lobby.. We don't shoot people for a breech of manners.

Did the old man go to the MGMT or did he go to his car to get his gun?

More is coming out, just like the Martin case.

Oulsen was the aggressor.

although it looks like an up hill battle for a self defense claim

there is not enough information out

when it comes to self defense claims

often it appears to be a slam dunk

and turns out differently

take John Wayne Rogers another Florida self defense claim

where the defendant was granted immunity after shooting

his drinking buddy with a 308

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
6:26 p.m. EST, January 10, 2014

SANFORD — The murder trial of a blind man was cut short Friday after a judge granted a "stand your ground" motion for immunity and ruled the man acted in self-defense when he shot a drinking buddy in the chest with an assault rifle.

Hours after the ruling, John Wayne Rogers, 40, left the Seminole County Jail, a free man for the first time in nearly two years.

He had killed James T. DeWitt, 34, an overnight guest on March 27, 2012, after a long drinking session in Rogers' home in Geneva, a rural community in eastern Seminole County.

'Stand your ground' immunity granted for blind man who fatally shot drinking buddy - Orlando Sentinel

That is a very good law and I am glad it is being applied wider and wider.

so do i

although it looks like an up hill battle for a self defense claim

there is not enough information out

when it comes to self defense claims

often it appears to be a slam dunk

and turns out differently

take John Wayne Rogers another Florida self defense claim

where the defendant was granted immunity after shooting

his drinking buddy with a 308

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
6:26 p.m. EST, January 10, 2014

SANFORD — The murder trial of a blind man was cut short Friday after a judge granted a "stand your ground" motion for immunity and ruled the man acted in self-defense when he shot a drinking buddy in the chest with an assault rifle.

Hours after the ruling, John Wayne Rogers, 40, left the Seminole County Jail, a free man for the first time in nearly two years.

He had killed James T. DeWitt, 34, an overnight guest on March 27, 2012, after a long drinking session in Rogers' home in Geneva, a rural community in eastern Seminole County.

'Stand your ground' immunity granted for blind man who fatally shot drinking buddy - Orlando Sentinel

That is a very good law and I am glad it is being applied wider and wider.

so do i

It is frightening to see how American society is going down the toilet.

[

In a meanwhile it would be better to refresh and undust some old rules of living in the society and the manners which has been helping to live for centuries.
If the young guy would just stop texting or just go outside - he will be alive today.

Simple, isn't it?

If the old crazy guy didn't have a gun, he'd still be alive, too.

And frankly, that works better.

I find people who text annoying, but damn, shooting the poor man.

I guess you guys need yourself a new hero now that Zimmerman's turned into a total shitheel, eh?

if the old guy did not have a gun he might have had been assaulted.

His reasoning and his reasons of the defense will be taken into account.
If they would be decided to be convincing - he will walk. That's the law.

But a stalinist worshiper can't live without a cult and hate, can you :lol:

[

Simple, isn't it?

If the old crazy guy didn't have a gun, he'd still be alive, too.

He was in fear of great bodily injury.

Only because he had dementia and couldn't distinguish what was real.

And therefore should NEVER a gun. License and permits should have been revoked or his family should have stepped and said "Dad, we're taking away your guns for your own safety."

It's time that dementia be added to the list of things that get you on the NICS.

We don't let them drive a car, why the hell would we let people with Dementia own a gun??

it comes down to reasonableness

For which the threshold is reduced as elderly citizen per law.

yes i read that

however leaving the area and returning to the "fight" is not supportive

of a self defense claim

quite to the contrary.

he left in order to PREVENT the fight - he complained to the administration, not engaged in the word exchange with the younger guy - it was the killed guy who started the fight upon the older returning to his seat as he was pissed that he was reported.

yes i read that

of a self defense claim

quite to the contrary.

he left in order to PREVENT the fight - he complained to the administration, not engaged in the word exchange with the younger guy - it was the killed guy who started the fight upon the older returning to his seat as he was pissed that he was reported.

Why didn't he change seats?

yes i read that

of a self defense claim

quite to the contrary.

Dementia combined with pent up anger and rage.

A false sense of righteousness -- that everyone would see things his way because he had a gun.

yes i read that

of a self defense claim

quite to the contrary.

i am not supporting one nor the other

just looking at it from what we have seen thus far

how did he know he was preventing a fight when he went to get the manager

i have not seen anything that says the shooter talked to the manager

maybe he went and loaded his gun in the can

and then returned to what he saw as a fight a brewing

quite to the contrary.

A false sense of righteousness -- that everyone would see things his way because he had a gun.

You make a lot of sense..

Who kills someone over bad manners?

The young father may have said something.. like .. hold on I am texting the babysitter.

Senseless murder...... makes me sick.

I am wondering if he went to his car to get his gun.. Why couldn't he wait a moment to speak with the theater Mgr?

You make a lot of sense..

Who kills someone over bad manners?

The young father may have said something.. like .. hold on I am texting the babysitter.

Senseless murder...... makes me sick.

I am wondering if he went to his car to get his gun.. Why couldn't he wait a moment to speak with the theater Mgr?

He went to management.

Forum List

Back