Shhhhh....$700 BILLION in Obama Medicare Cuts just kicked in!

Gareyt17

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2011
and total silence from the so called media in this country.....

ah, nevermind...just a bunch of old people....

Meanwhile...liberal Bastion of Detroit will be taken over by the State of Michigan tomorrow.

Ain't liberalism grand.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/embed/xEYFFiEnUjQ?feature=player_embedded]Obamaville Song - YouTube[/ame]

Who's next?

What's the problem? I thought the right was all for social service and entitlement spending cuts.

Now it's suddenly a bad thing?

What's the problem? I thought the right was all for social service and entitlement spending cuts.

Thanks for saying something stupid, it really helped progress mankind.

Well since you pay into Medicaid I wouldn't call it an entitlement. Welfare and Medicaide are entitlements.

Yeah. I would call cutting 700 billion that folks put into Medicare a bad thing.

Where do you suppose that 700 Billion went?? Obamacare mayby??

Well since you pay into Medicaid I wouldn't call it an entitlement. Welfare and Medicaide are entitlements.

Yeah. I would call cutting 700 billion that folks put into Medicare a bad thing.

The $700 billion did not come out of the payments people have made into Medicare. They are federal subsidies to Medicare Advantage which cost the US taxpayer $14 billion in 2009 alone.

ObamaCare reduces the subsidies to Medicare Advantage until they are in line with the cost of the regular Medicare program into which we all pay.

Look at it as real entitlement reform.

However, the savings of this entitlement reform are not banked. The money is used instead to pay for other costs in ObamaCare.

Last edited:

Thanks for saying something stupid, it really helped progress mankind.

Oldguy is right. The GOP is being hypocritical and using the same tactics the Left has always used to scare old people, who happen to be a large voting bloc. The Right attacks Medicare out of one side of its mouth, and then screams about Medicare cuts out of the other. This is pure hypocrisy.

Medicare Advantage is a bloated, expensive, wasteful program that should be cut. This is right up the Right's alley.

The Right is not being honest in this case. The money saved by reducing Medicare Advantage is being used to pay for other things, like health insurance subsidies to other-than-senior-citizens.

It is too difficult and wonky to make the case this money should not be going to paying for other people's health insurance, and much easier to just scare the bejeesus out of old people instead.

Last edited:

The $700 billion did not come out of the payments people have made into Medicare. They are federal subsidies to Medicare Advantage which cost the US taxpayer $14 billion in 2009 alone.

ObamaCare reduces the subsidies to Medicare Advantage until they are in line with the cost of the regular Medicare program into which we all pay.

However, the savings of this entitlement reform are not banked. The money is used instead to pay for other costs in ObamaCare.

Thanks for the info G man.

and total silence from the so called media in this country.....

ah, nevermind...just a bunch of old people....
Yeah....just a bunch of old people who are.....

.....actually ON-TOP-OF-THINGS!!!!

insurance-companies-are-kil.gif

August 15th, 2012

$700B Medicare 'Cut'

" In an interview on the CBS program 60 Minutes, Mitt Romney said Obama "robbed Medicare" of $716 billion to pay for "Obamacare." We found that exaggerated what Obama had done in the health care law.

While the health care law reduces the amount of future spending growth in Medicare, the law doesn't actually cut Medicare. Savings come from reducing money that goes to private insurers who provide Medicare Advantage programs, among other things. The money wasn’t "robbed."

11913898-old-woman-with-a-hat-showing-her-f-finger.jpg

Bingo!!!!

55383-1350143882-handled_trophy.jpg

Fully Informed
FIRST PLACE!!

They know this!!! This was a favorite Romney/Ryan lie during the campaign. In fact, the Lyin' Ryan budget that the Right praised cut the same 700 billion, but instead of using it to extend Medicare like Obama did, Lyin' Ryan uses it for tax cuts for the wealthy.

They know this!!! This was a favorite Romney/Ryan lie during the campaign. In fact, the Lyin' Ryan budget that the Right praised cut the same 700 billion, but instead of using it to extend Medicare like Obama did, Lyin' Ryan uses it for tax cuts for the wealthy.

Gimme, gimme, gimme. And make that guy over there pay for it.

"The administrator of Medicare threatened to fire his chief actuary if he communicated to Congress his cost estimates for the Medicare Prescription Drug Mobilization Act of 2003. As a result, members of Congress only saw a lower estimate of the cost of the bill before narrowly voting to approve it. The censored Medicare estimate was in line with the subsequent White House budget request for the program, although the estimate was not released until after the bill's passage.

On December 8, 2003 President Bush signed the Medicare bill into law following a contentious debate in Congress and an unusually long roll call vote. Weeks after the signing, the White House's 2004 budget request estimated the price of the Act at over $540 billion. This request was 35% higher than the $395 billion Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimate that was used to pitch the bill to lawmakers. It is not unusual for the CBO's program cost estimates to differ from the White House's, but allegations of censorship by Medicare's chief actuary raised the possibility that higher estimates were suppressed for political reasons therefore skewing the information available to policy makers.

In March 2004, Richard Foster, the chief actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, went public with claims that his boss, Medicare administrator Thomas Scully, had actively prevented him from releasing higher cost estimates—$551 billion over 10 years—in response to Congressional inquiries during the debate over the bill. In an interview, Foster said "In June 2003, the Medicare administrator, Tom Scully, decided to restrict the practice of our responding directly to Congressional requests and ordered us to provide responses to him so he could decide what to do with them. There was a pattern of withholding information for what I perceived to be political purposes, which I thought was inappropriate."

Miss-Me-Yet-.png

Where'd the Nutter's go? Boy, they sure left this thread in a hurry. LOL

Hey, who went and spoiled this Kenyan, commie, moooslim thread I was enjoying so much ??????

It was a joint effort of we members of CARL: Citizens Against Republican Lies. (Which I just invented)

Would you like to join? Just put CARL in your signature line! Anybody else? LOL

Forum List

Back