Shhhhh....$700 BILLION in Obama Medicare Cuts just kicked in!

You would think this would be enough to get the GOP to unanimously vote to make Obama an honorary Republican.

You would think this would be enough to get the GOP to unanimously vote to make Obama an honorary Republican.

If he would just insult some women - you know, toss around the phrase legitimate rape some - they wouldn't have a choice.

What's the problem? I thought the right was all for social service and entitlement spending cuts.

Now it's suddenly a bad thing?

Well since you pay into Medicaid I wouldn't call it an entitlement. Welfare and Medicaide are entitlements.

Yeah. I would call cutting 700 billion that folks put into Medicare a bad thing.

Where do you suppose that 700 Billion went?? Obamacare mayby??

I'm not sure I agree with that. Unlike Social Security, the Medicare contributions made by the average person don't come close to covering the eventual costs. At 2.9% of payroll (including the employer's share), the average person making a median income of $50,000 over a 30 year work life would have contributed a total of $43,500 into the system. The average person can expect to extract 3-4 times that amount in benefits; really, that would be pretty easy to use up in one hospital visit for anything more serious than a common cold. I think for the vast majority of those who live past 65, it is an entitlement.

The $700 billion did not come out of the payments people have made into Medicare. They are federal subsidies to Medicare Advantage which cost the US taxpayer $14 billion in 2009 alone.

ObamaCare reduces the subsidies to Medicare Advantage until they are in line with the cost of the regular Medicare program into which we all pay.

Look at it as real entitlement reform.

However, the savings of this entitlement reform are not banked. The money is used instead to pay for other costs in ObamaCare.

Well, Medicare Advantage only makes up an estimated $150 billion of the $700 billion; most of the rest relies on paying service providers less. It remains to be seen whether those service providers (at least some of them) will continue to provide the service to Medicare at whatever price they are planning to offer in the future.

The $700 billion did not come out of the payments people have made into Medicare. They are federal subsidies to Medicare Advantage which cost the US taxpayer $14 billion in 2009 alone.

ObamaCare reduces the subsidies to Medicare Advantage until they are in line with the cost of the regular Medicare program into which we all pay.

Look at it as real entitlement reform.

However, the savings of this entitlement reform are not banked. The money is used instead to pay for other costs in ObamaCare.

Well, Medicare Advantage only makes up an estimated $150 billion of the $700 billion; most of the rest relies on paying service providers less. It remains to be seen whether those service providers (at least some of them) will continue to provide the service to Medicare at whatever price they are planning to offer in the future.

Based on the last round of Medicare cuts, which occurred during the Clinton Administration, I predict we will see annual "doc fixes" just like we have since 1999.

Which is just one of a zillion reasons why I laughed my ass off when Obama made his "not one dime added to the federal deficit" boast.

What's the problem? I thought the right was all for social service and entitlement spending cuts.

Now it's suddenly a bad thing?

Great point!

When Obama does it (actually it's not a cut, it's the savings the nation will now have because of the ACA) = Rabble rabble rabble! Obama is an evil person that hates grandma!

When all the GOP has been doing for years is to destroy medicare = Good! It's a bunch of lib BS and should be ended!

Last edited:
Hey, who went and spoiled this Kenyan, commie, moooslim thread I was enjoying so much ??????

It was a joint effort of we members of CARL: Citizens Against Republican Lies. (Which I just invented)

Would you like to join? Just put CARL in your signature line! Anybody else? LOL

LOL - Can I just donate anonymously. They're packing heat.

Some of us "libs" are packing too...and know how to use them.

Man up! Join CARL!

Shhhhh....$700 BILLION in Obama Medicare Cuts just kicked in!

Meanwhile, per capita Medicare spending growth slowed to almost zero last year, Medicare Advantage premiums have fallen by 10 percent over the past three years, the CBO has revised downward their Medicare cost estimates for the third year in a row, hospital readmissions are falling, and a number of cost control and quality improvement initiatives continue to roll out.

Forum List

Back