Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

They didn't smear anybody. One used a clip of the lady's own words to illustrate a giggling and approving NAACP as she recounted her discrimination against a white farmer.
I don't know what your MIND saw and heard, but the ONLY place where there was any Giggling was the part where she recounted that he was acting superior to the person he needed help from and she was thinking about how much help she was going to give him. And you have to admit that is quite ironic/funny.

There was NO laughter in the "discriminatory" part Bigotbart thought important enough to REPEAT!!!!
Why didn't he repeat the laughter part if it was so damn discriminatory and racist?????

CON$ seem to imagine hearing what they WANT to hear!!!

He's getting that Fox Nation is news from . . . Wiki?? :lol:

Fox Nation, an opinionated Web site that launches this morning --

The Web site will attempt to emulate the social aspects of Facebook -- as well as MySpace, which, like Fox, is owned by Rupert Murdoch -- by encouraging readers to post comments and argue with one another. And the hook will be columns, blogs and videos from the likes of Bill O'Reilly, Greta Van Susteren and Hannity, which will likely draw their strongest followers.

Howard Kurtz - Howard Kurtz, Media Notes: Fox News Launches Conservative Web Site Fox Nation - washingtonpost.com
Well apparently ConHog thought it was accurate enough to post the link. I noticed not one CON$ervative complained when he used it to support his claim. If it was good enough for him why isn't it good enough for me? You gotta love CON$, even the links they use are not good enough for anyone else.

I missed his original link. Had I seen it I would have posted what I did. Wiki for something like this? Nope.

Absolutely. I'm sickened the Obama administration bought such a biased dishonest story considering the source.

Ah - that makes the Obama administration the most critical aspect of the story - its the highest office in the land - the most powerful position in the world, and THIS IS HOW it conducts itself??? A total rush to judgement? Are they that incompetent - that thin skinned, that fearful of political backlash????

Utterly reprehensible - glad to see you agree the Obama administration is a collection of hapless knee jerk reactionary fools...

Exactly. The administration has no business giving the dirty tricks on FOX news and right wing blogs the time of day.

Yet another example of JournoListism.

Fox has every right to report whatever it wishes. Blaming them for this mess is a smokescreen. It's like calling Rove a racist to deflect attention from Rev. Wright.

0721-originalfoxsherrodstory.jpg

There you go.

The article clearly says Video Clips and reports that the BigGovernment story had fueled the recent debate on racism.

And your point is?
Oh give me a break.

Because they call it clips it's clear it's been edited.

OF course we know a news video clip has been edited. The point is -->when you show a clip, it damn well better be representative of the story. That's THE WHOLE PROBLEM WITH THIS STORY!!

GeezusGawdalmighty, some people are thicker than bricks.

Please link to a news program that shows 43 minute videos from newsworthy events during its one hour shows.

Absolutely. I'm sickened the Obama administration bought such a biased dishonest story considering the source.

Ah - that makes the Obama administration the most critical aspect of the story - its the highest office in the land - the most powerful position in the world, and THIS IS HOW it conducts itself??? A total rush to judgement? Are they that incompetent - that thin skinned, that fearful of political backlash????

Utterly reprehensible - glad to see you agree the Obama administration is a collection of hapless knee jerk reactionary fools...

Exactly. The administration has no business giving the dirty tricks on FOX news and right wing blogs the time of day.
STILL not getting it
:rolleyes:

Well apparently ConHog thought it was accurate enough to post the link. I noticed not one CON$ervative complained when he used it to support his claim. If it was good enough for him why isn't it good enough for me? You gotta love CON$, even the links they use are not good enough for anyone else.

I missed his original link. Had I seen it I would have posted what I did. Wiki for something like this? Nope.
How convenient!

Yet another example of JournoListism.

Fox has every right to report whatever it wishes. Blaming them for this mess is a smokescreen. It's like calling Rove a racist to deflect attention from Rev. Wright.

___

Quite right - and note how the liberals refuse to call it the OBAMA administration. Very telling is it not?? They simply cannot bring themselves to cry out - "Obama really really fu-ked this whole thing up..."

And speaking of Rev. Wright - we are all aware of course that he has been an invited speaker of the NAACP AFTER we learned of his anti-American, anti-White tirades from his slanted pulpit, correct??? :eusa_whistle:

But they keep doing it....WHY is that?

Because Fox News poses a threat to this regime with the truth.

No. Because FOX News is an enemy of this adminstration and they know it. They give too much power to FOX. FOX gets it wrong and the administration goes along for the ride.

Initially it was a clip of a tape, taken out of context, sent to Breitbart and used to illustrate the hypocrisy of the NAACP and didn't make any judgment whatsoever re Ms. Sharrod.
Whoa! I didn't get past this part.

How is his comment at the beginning of the tape

Ms. Sherrod admits that in her federally appointed position, overseeing a billion dollars, she discriminates against people due to their race.
not making a judgment of Ms. Sherrod?

Stating what the lady admits is not making a judgment. It is stating what she admits. And she did admit that in the segment of the tape used. And he was using it as an indictment of the NAACP who she was telling the story to.

He did not suggest that she should be fired or any other such suggestion. He was indicting the NAACP who he has repeatedly challenged to support their contention of racism and the Tea Partiers.
He lied about what she did...he said she was discriminating against people based on their race NOW.

STILL not getting it
:rolleyes:

Oh I get it.

No. Because FOX News is an enemy of this adminstration and they know it. They give too much power to FOX. FOX gets it wrong and the administration goes along for the ride.

Then please explain why The White House fired somebody based upon a post on a foxnews.com and a few comments by people they see as enemies.

Then please explain why The White House fired somebody based upon a post on a foxnews.com and a few comments by people they see as enemies.

There you go - a simple enough question, and one that cuts to the most important aspect of the entire story - the clear and dangerous ineptitude that is the Obama White House...

There you go - a simple enough question, and one that cuts to the most important aspect of the entire story - the clear and dangerous ineptitude that is the Obama White House...

Clearly, the White House made a mistake in this case. They took the bait.

What White House is that again???

You just can't come out and say it can you?? Are you truly that insecure??

C'mon now - SAY IT?

What White House is that again??? :eusa_angel:

How convenient!

So Wiki links are 100% accurate?

Shirley Sherrod, former Georgia State Director of Rural Development for the United States Department of Agriculture, was forced to resign[1] after a heavily edited[2] video of her address to a March 2010 NAACP meeting was posted on Andrew Breitbart's Big Government website on July 19, 2010

On July 21, 2010, Fox News rejected any claims that they helped inflame the situation with a statement saying "[the network] did not make any mention of this story yesterday on the air until after Shirley Sherrod had already lost her job after Secretary Vilsack had already drawn his own conclusions — conclusions that the president apparently agreed with."[28] While the story was not mentioned on the Fox News Channel until after Sherrod's resignation, the edited video and an accompanying article had been published on the Fox News website prior to her resignation.[29] Later, the White House sought for an official review of the case. Vilsack, meanwhile, sent an e-mail regarding the issue that states "I am of course willing and will conduct a thorough review and consider additional facts to ensure to the American people we are providing services in a fair and equitable manner."[30][31] Sherrod was at the CNN Center watching live when Robert Gibbs extended an apology to her.[32] There, she stated that she had accepted the apology and welcomed the review although she felt that this experience was "bittersweet."[33]

Resignation of Shirley Sherrod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The White House got the story from Breitbart's blog and forced Sherrod to resign . . . without further investigation. (blows the theory that Fox was somehow responsible).

Fox did not report anything on air about Sherrod resigning until after the fact. (They say on July 21, that [the network] did not make any mention of this story yesterday (that would be July 20) on the air until after Shirley Sherrod had already lost her job. It was mentioned on air Monday, July 19 by O'Reilly, after she resigned. They have dates wrong).

Fox website did publish the video clips and article (the one you linked to dated 7/19) prior to her resignation.

Last edited:

What White House is that again???

You just can't come out and say it can you?? Are you truly that insecure??

C'mon now - SAY IT?

What White House is that again??? :eusa_angel:

Oh come on. The Obama administration made a mistake in this case. Feel better now?

That doesn't mean the adminstration is dangerous or inept in general.

That's YOUR bias.

I voted for the President and I support him. I don't have an investment in seeing him re-elected.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back