Shooter in Houston

They have identified him. He is known to be a lawyer. He is not a Muslim. Get over it.

Practicing attorneys are worse than Muslims ;)
I did not see ANY ----"personal attacks on muslims and islam"---all morning ----certainly not in this thread
Rosie, you are not doing a very good job of searching this morning. I wasn't even trying, and I kept stepping in it. All done now. Now that we know the guy's a lawyer, it explains everything. LOL

yes he is a lawyer------all I know from that is------he regrets the fact that he went to law school------but why shoot up a mall?
Isolated--no family, no woman, recently failed in business, probably had bills piling up, apparently got a shitty roofing job. Probably couldn't afford the Porsche payments... why not go out in a blaze of glory?

the question would be-----WHO CONSIDERS SHOOTING UP A MALL -----GLORIOUS?
I agree, of course. This guy had a mental health crisis and there was no one around to see it coming, I guess.

Applying for Law School is a giant red flag; that would have been years ago.

"When Kennedy was assassinated no one in my class knew what assassinate meant and the teacher had gone running out of the room, so I decided somebody had tried to lure him into their car using candy. Baddest thing I knew of.

happy-love-heart-smiley-emoticon.gif
Your image didn't open.
That's strange. I even see it, here in this quote. Do you still not see it?
Here again ....
happy-love-heart-smiley-emoticon.gif
Nope. When I try to open it, it says it won't connect. Must be something on my computer.
Oh well, never mind. It was in reply to your post, "When Kennedy was assassinated no one in my class knew what assassinate meant and the teacher had gone running out of the room, so I decided somebody had tried to lure him into their car using candy. Baddest thing I knew of." ... to which I responded with a pink heart gif in the realm of 'oh you sweet thing'.

Now I feel embarrassed!
images

You're sweet.

What bothers me is people like this (or, the San Diego shooters) are able to amass such a quanity of weapons - even body armor - with no red flag being raised?
People like "this"?
Law abiding citizens? A member of the bar?
The state has no idea how many firearms I have - why should or would it have any idea how many this guy had?
Body armor? Unregulated sales, sent direct to your house, bought over the internet - why would this "raise a flag"?

The state has no idea how many firearms I have - why should or would it have any idea how many this guy had?
Body armor? Unregulated sales, sent direct to your house, bought over the internet - why would this "raise a flag"?

I agree with you that it wouldn't raise a red flag (the laws being what they are) and we can see that it didn't raise any red flags. But do you really want to live in a country where any citizen can acquire a huge assault arsenal without raising any red flags?

I find it amusing (I don't mean to take it lightly, however) that so many pro-gun americans like to quote some line in the American Constipation and exclaim how it was written into that document for the purpose of protecting the citizenry from the government that might turn a Fascist page. Well! If what you have in the States right now isn't Fascism then you need to fire every one of your teachers and professors and employ Democratic ones who are not afraid to enlighten you on the definition of the term. Yet ....... there you are .... with all of your Fascist-deterrent weapons ..... shooting up NOT the Whine House and Pentagram .... but each other. Do you not see a fault in domestic communications here?

I agree with you that it wouldn't raise a red flag (the laws being what they are) and we can see that it didn't raise any red flags. But do you really want to live in a country where any citizen can acquire a huge assault arsenal without raising any red flags?
Is he legally able to buy and own a gun?
Then yes. How many guns I have is none of the state's business; the state has no need to know.

Waving around an AR at roofers a few weeks ago? A CLUE a flag should have gone up the pole? But I guess that's normal in Texas?
Do you really want to live in a country where every suspicious move you make is acted upon?
If I were waving around an AR at a bunch of workmen, I would hope that SOMEONE would try to figure out what was wrong with me. I don't mean he should have been arrested or hospitalized, but I would consider that more than "suspicious," M14.

Then yes. How many guns I have is none of the state's business; the state has no need to know.
You didn't answer my question. Perhaps you don't want to.

But do you really want to live in a country where any citizen can acquire a huge assault arsenal without raising any red flags?
The answer to your question is in bold. Perhaps you don;t want to address it.

Do you really want to live in a country where every suspicious move you make is acted upon?

..... well ..........

If I were waving around an AR at a bunch of workmen, I would hope that SOMEONE would try to figure out what was wrong with me. ........ I would consider that more than "suspicious"

As OldLady says in her example, "I would consider that more than "suspicious," That is her point. A good one too.

But do you really want to live in a country where any citizen can acquire a huge assault arsenal without raising any red flags?
So you think I am talking about you. Now I see why you are having difficulties with this theme. You are self-centered on the subject.

So you think I am talking about you.
No honest person with even a rudimentary understanding of the English language can reach this conclusion based on what I said.

Allow me to restate my answer so you might understand:
If "a citizen" is legally able to buy and own a gun, then the number of guns he has is none of the state's business; the state has no compelling need to know.

If I were waving around an AR at a bunch of workmen,....
You'll have to be more specific than this to form any rational conclusion.
Feel free to provide citations.
Really? I find nothing rational about the situation.

"The thought came to my mind, 'I really hope it's not Nathan, part of the situation,'" said John Elmore with RISE Association Management Group, the property manager for The Oaks at West University, where Desai lived.

Elmore told Eyewitness News for the last two months, Desai's behavior had been erratic. He seemed paranoid and thought someone was "out to get him", Elmore said.

The problems started August 4th, when Desai confronted roofers with a gun. He told police he thought someone was breaking into his condo, but Elmore says it was a long-term project and residents were properly notified.

EMBED </>MORE NEWS VIDEOS

The father and former law partner of the suspect in Monday's West U shooting rampage react.

"They [roofers] were scared for their life. They called their boss and said somebody pointed directly at them, yelled something they didn't know what it was, but they felt like they were going to get shot," Elmore said.

Desai was not charged. In a news conference Monday afternoon, Houston police said they have no record of a call concerning Desai or his address.

Then, last week, Desai called to complain about a plumbing issue, but wouldn't let anyone in and then became defensive, according to Elmore, when questioned about it.

Your move.
Allow me to re-restate my answer so you might understand:
If "a citizen" is legally able to buy and own a gun, then the number of guns he has is none of the state's business; the state has no compelling need to know.
Now, do you have a cogent response or are you going to again ignore my answer to your question?

You'll have to be more specific than this to form any rational conclusion.
Feel free to provide citations.
Really?
yes.
You speak of "waving an AR 15".
Unless you provide the specifics of the incident, your mention of it means nothing.

The problems started August 4th, when Desai confronted roofers with a gun. He told police he thought someone was breaking into his condo...Desai was not charged. In a news conference Monday afternoon, Houston police said they have no record of a call concerning Desai or his address.
There you go.
Your claim of 'waving an AR-15" is much ado about nothing, and certainly not worthy of anyone "taking notice".

I see that I've backed you into a corner. Well, actually you backed yourself into the corner, but I'll accept some of the blame if it helps you to 'save face'.

You still haven't answered the question, and the reason is quite obviously that your pride and fragile ego are 'on the line'. Here it is again. Pay attention this time. I'll paraphrase so as not to tax your concentration for any length of time .....

.... do you really want to live in a country where any citizen can acquire a huge assault arsenal without raising any red flags?
Well? And would be alright if your neighbour were to point an assault rifle at you ....... at your wife ...... at your children?

Forum List

Back