Shooters gotta shoot -

The same old tired lines about gun owners who have never killed anyone. They miss the point that those gun owners don't NEED their guns and if they were all to wave their rights to their guns then lives would be saved daily.

But don't WANT to wave their rights to their guns and so the deaths continue unabated. The responsibility for these deaths however never get taken on by the gun owners, you could argue that they all share a collective blame for them but all gun owners will tell you this is bullshit and you can't blame a whole group for the crimes of a few individuals. Which is always good to keep in mind when those same gun owners share their opinions on people with Islamic faith.

If everyone would wave their right to own a car, many more lives would be saved daily.

If everyone would wave their right to eat cheeseburgers, lives would be saved daily.

If everyone would wave their right to smoke cigarettes, lives would be saved daily.

If everyone would wave their right to drink alcohol, lives would be saved daily.

If stoners, and illegal drug users would grow up and stop using, many lives would be saved daily.

Should I keep going ?

These far left wing extremists such as luddy want total security and zero freedom. According to them life should be 100% fair with 100% absence of risk. We should all live in plastic bubbles.

The same old tired lines about gun owners who have never killed anyone. They miss the point that those gun owners don't NEED their guns and if they were all to wave their rights to their guns then lives would be saved daily.

But don't WANT to wave their rights to their guns and so the deaths continue unabated. The responsibility for these deaths however never get taken on by the gun owners, you could argue that they all share a collective blame for them but all gun owners will tell you this is bullshit and you can't blame a whole group for the crimes of a few individuals. Which is always good to keep in mind when those same gun owners share their opinions on people with Islamic faith.

If everyone would wave their right to own a car, many more lives would be saved daily.

If everyone would wave their right to eat cheeseburgers, lives would be saved daily.

If everyone would wave their right to smoke cigarettes, lives would be saved daily.

If everyone would wave their right to drink alcohol, lives would be saved daily.

If stoners, and illegal drug users would grow up and stop using, many lives would be saved daily.

Should I keep going ?

Most of the rest of the rest of the first world manages without guns but with cars, cheeseburgers, cigarettes, alchol and stoners.

You don't need a car, either. more people would live if you didn't have a car. For that matter, you should be locked up so you can't harm anybody.

So you have no argument other than "I want my guns" then? Not even some hokey an armed public keeps government honest schick?

Now, you've exposed yourself as a person who visits forums, posts bullshit just to get a rise out of others.
Fuck you very much.
You are on ignore, fucko.

I've got a better idea. Why don't we start a whole forum dedicated to gun owners who have never shot anybody by accident or on purpose. We'll probably run out of bandwidth.

I'll start with myself: hunter and shooter for 50 years, never fired a shot in anger, never shot another human being. Next?

I'm a hunter, shooter and gun collector, for 46+ years. I've never shot, shot at or pointed a gun at another person.

May the Lord be with the family of that hit and run victim as well as the family of the 11 year old boy.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. That man who shot the boy, if the boy was shot by accident, I can not help but feel for the man some because he will have to live with what he did for the remainder of his own life.

I've got a better idea. Why don't we start a whole forum dedicated to gun owners who have never shot anybody by accident or on purpose. We'll probably run out of bandwidth.

I'll start with myself: hunter and shooter for 50 years, never fired a shot in anger, never shot another human being. Next?

There would be room for any other content.

There are more automobile accidents every day than there are accidental shootings in a month, should we all give up cars to save the lives of all the people killed by automobile accidents?

If you can prove how people daily need to use their guns for their work, their shopping, taking their kids to school etc. then I'll agree. If not it sounds like a pretty poor comparison.

There is no rest of the first world.

Maybe it's that sort of insular thinking that affects your viewpoint? There is a rest of the first world, it's the other developed countries with much lower gun deaths that you can find on wikipedia.

So you have no argument other than "I want my guns" then? Not even some hokey an armed public keeps government honest schick?

I don't need any other argument, but leave it to the misanthropic loony left to us a one out of a thousand incident to remove the rest of the population's freedom.

A simple "yes" would have been enough

I think you should ban yourself from posting on this forum because you're not very good at this.
Here's why..First the correct usage of the word is "waive" not "wave".
Second, under the US Constitution we do not surrender our rights out of fear or to appease an aggressor.
Third....Who the fuck are you to decide who "needs" anything..
Do yourself a favor...Stop posting here.

Firstly, my waive - wave gaff has already been highlighted, commented on and replied to, you'd know that if you had read the whole thread but looking at your posts you’re a type before you read kinda guy.

Second, tell me how you "need" your gun then, I'm certain the reason will be unsatisfactory.

Third, my idea about gun owners waiving their rights to guns was voluntary, it was to save lives of innocents and the fact that you have to see an aggressor shows the pitiful siege mentality you have when you feel that there is always someone out to get you and that you require a firearm. I'll keep posting I think, in the hope of providing some sense to counter the deeply paranoid opinions of folk who genuinely think that in a 21st century civilized country members of the public actually require weapons.

My brother is a smart fellow. He has two master's degrees, a pilot's license, and a pretty nice life style. However, when he was 18, he shot himself in the leg while playing with a gun. He was practicing his fast draw, "Gunsmoke" style. Now, you would think that a smart fellow like that would stop playing with guns. Nope! He still packs everywhere he goes, and once was detained at an airport for 3 hours, because he forgot to leave it at home before boarding a plane. He will no longer fly commercially, at all. His wife carries a revolver in her purse that doesn't even have a trigger guard. My sister won't let either one in her house, unless they leave their guns in the car.

Nobody is going to successfully take my brother's guns away from him. We all just hope that he does not end up killing himself or someone else by accident. Fortunately, he now lives in a remote gated community that is thinly populated.

You're more likely to get killed on that motorcycle in your avatar, than your brother is of accidentally killing himself with the gun.

If you can prove how people daily need to use their guns for their work, their shopping, taking their kids to school etc. then I'll agree. If not it sounds like a pretty poor comparison.
What kind of question is that? Can you prove that you need a fire extinguisher?
Second, tell me how you "need" your gun then, I'm certain the reason will be unsatisfactory.

Third, my idea about gun owners waiving their rights to guns was voluntary, it was to save lives of innocents and the fact that you have to see an aggressor shows the pitiful siege mentality you have when you feel that there is always someone out to get you and that you require a firearm. I'll keep posting I think, in the hope of providing some sense to counter the deeply paranoid opinions of folk who genuinely think that in a 21st century civilized country members of the public actually require weapons.
I take it you don't have access to the news? I'm not paranoid, you are naive.

What kind of question is that? Can you prove that you need a fire extinguisher?

I take it you don't have access to the news? I'm not paranoid, you are naive.

How many fire extinguisher deaths were there in the US last year? Once again another apples and oranges comparison.

In a couple of short sentences you have illustrated my point for me perfectly. Crime has been in steady fall for the last 30 years and yet the "news" tells you bad shit happens all the time so you just NEED that gun. Forget the statistics that say otherwise, they're all there out to get you and your family. A fire extinguisher is what you use to protect you from a fire and a gun is what you use to protect you from THEM!

I watch the news yes, I also recognize that good news isn't often news and sensationalism sells advertising time. I also know that gun owners are on average 4 and a half times more likely to be shot than none gun owners.

Forum List

Back