Shooting at Lafayette, LA Theater

I'm not sure you came close to an intelligent thought.

I doubt you would recognize an intelligent thought even if it bit you in your cerebellum.

There is no evidence there are 2 million crimes averted with guns. There are less than 10 million crimes committed each year. The vast majority are committed with nobody there to defend them. 2 million is not even mathematically possible given crime rates, gun ownership, and other facts we know.

Klecks survey found nearly 1 million self defense uses and most of his supporters think that number low.

McDowel's study was based on reported crimes and tallied the documented cases of reported use of guns in self defense as if those are the only cases and he found about 65k annually..
"The incidence of defensive firearm use by US crime victims, 1987 through 1990."
http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.84.12.1982

The question is how many UNREPORTED defensive uses of guns occur in ratio to REPORTED uses. In the vast majority of personal injury crimes, like rape and assault the percentage of those crimes actually reported is much lower than one might think. With male rape, for example, that is rarely reported or admitted to, but women tend to report it more often. When we factor in that many of those defensive gun uses involve an illegally carried gun, like the two marines that killed the terrorist in Chatanooga just a few days ago, those are NEVER reported. But how many are there?

Some guesstimates are that illegal uses are numerically even with legally carried guns, and like male rape only one in twenty get reported. That would multiply McDowells number to well over 1.3 million. Doubling that on the assumption that illegal care occurs as often as legal carry and one has over 2.6 million unreported defensive uses of a gun each year.

There are less than 10 million crimes committed each year. Most are non violent, not defendable. Gun owners are a minority. Not mathematically possible to be 2.6 million.
Some states allow me to use deadly force to defend property. So, you can get shot committing non violent crime. As should be

-Geaux

I'm not sure you came close to an intelligent thought.

I doubt you would recognize an intelligent thought even if it bit you in your cerebellum.

There is no evidence there are 2 million crimes averted with guns. There are less than 10 million crimes committed each year. The vast majority are committed with nobody there to defend them. 2 million is not even mathematically possible given crime rates, gun ownership, and other facts we know.

Klecks survey found nearly 1 million self defense uses and most of his supporters think that number low.

McDowel's study was based on reported crimes and tallied the documented cases of reported use of guns in self defense as if those are the only cases and he found about 65k annually..
"The incidence of defensive firearm use by US crime victims, 1987 through 1990."
http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.84.12.1982

The question is how many UNREPORTED defensive uses of guns occur in ratio to REPORTED uses. In the vast majority of personal injury crimes, like rape and assault the percentage of those crimes actually reported is much lower than one might think. With male rape, for example, that is rarely reported or admitted to, but women tend to report it more often. When we factor in that many of those defensive gun uses involve an illegally carried gun, like the two marines that killed the terrorist in Chatanooga just a few days ago, those are NEVER reported. But how many are there?

Some guesstimates are that illegal uses are numerically even with legally carried guns, and like male rape only one in twenty get reported. That would multiply McDowells number to well over 1.3 million. Doubling that on the assumption that illegal care occurs as often as legal carry and one has over 2.6 million unreported defensive uses of a gun each year.

There are less than 10 million crimes committed each year. Most are non violent, not defendable. Gun owners are a minority. Not mathematically possible to be 2.6 million.
Some states allow me to use deadly force to defend property. So, you can get shot committing non violent crime. As should be

-Geaux

Those crimes aren't committed while you are there. If you are there it is robbery.

Let me guess........

The theater is a gun free zone....? If it isn't I will be shocked.....
Lafayette Theater Is a Gun Free Zone Bans Firearms for Customers with Permits - Breitbart
The Lafayette, Louisiana, Grand Theatre–site of the tragic July 23 attack in which a gunman killed two, wounded at least seven others, then took his own life–is a gun free zone.
Just like in Chicago when you have gun free zones, you have disarmed citizens that are sitting ducks. But liberals want this as for every dead US citizen that is one less person contributing to the global warming problem, as the world is overcrowded, IN THEIR EYES. But as it was said, I don't go anywhere without my personal protection, as when someone comes out shooting, I wont hesitate to put that liberal down. Why do I call the shooters liberal, because as a conservative, we believe in the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Liberals believe in death, taxes and misery for everyone. Why else is Chicago a KILLING ZONE where liberals kill liberals daily, but not much is done about it?

Wow Police have identified the shooter, but would only reveal that he was a white 58-year-old man

what a surprise! a southern white nut in jesusland!
Zio clan media (I think it was CNN) said he was a Muslim.

Big surprise there, huh?

Mass shootings like this have been carried out by crackers

What's a cracker?
So that question answers a question. You are not an American and you are not posting inside America.
You're a fucking sand monkey posting from an Internet cafe somewhere in the ME.
"We Gotya"!

Let me guess........

The theater is a gun free zone....? If it isn't I will be shocked.....
Lafayette Theater Is a Gun Free Zone Bans Firearms for Customers with Permits - Breitbart
The Lafayette, Louisiana, Grand Theatre–site of the tragic July 23 attack in which a gunman killed two, wounded at least seven others, then took his own life–is a gun free zone.
Just like in Chicago when you have gun free zones, you have disarmed citizens that are sitting ducks. But liberals want this as for every dead US citizen that is one less person contributing to the global warming problem, as the world is overcrowded, IN THEIR EYES. But as it was said, I don't go anywhere without my personal protection, as when someone comes out shooting, I wont hesitate to put that liberal down. Why do I call the shooters liberal, because as a conservative, we believe in the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Liberals believe in death, taxes and misery for everyone. Why else is Chicago a KILLING ZONE where liberals kill liberals daily, but not much is done about it?

Your solution kills more people accidently than the problem.

I beg to differ, liberalism has killed more people not accidently but on purpose than someone with a gun does accidently. I have resources if you want to see the truth.

houser-shooter.jpg

And for those just tuning in....the actual gun self defense studies, the non military, non police studies are marked.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

The news just reported the guy had disguises, and had switched the license plate on his truck.

Let's see what this says...

Multiple Victim Public Shootings Bombings and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handgun Laws Contrasting Private and Public Law Enforcement by John R. Lott William M. Landes SSRN

Our results are surprising and dramatic. While arrest or conviction rates and the death penalty reduce normal murder rates, our results find that the only policy factor to influence multiple victim public shootings is the passage of concealed handgun laws. We explain why public shootings are more sensitive than other violent crimes to concealed handguns, why the laws reduce both the number of shootings as well as their severity, and why other penalties like executions have differential deterrent effects depending upon the type of murder.

How come everyone, approximately 100 people in the theater wasn't immediately tweeting about this? Giving out all kinds of information?

Because this is a bonafide false flag.

Twitter would be all over it in real time as the metal hit the floor.

If you can find those tweets, you belong to Mensa.

Bobby, I used to live in San Francisco. I had to walk to work from Bart down New Montgomery Street every day. SF is absolutely full of crazy people, who stand on the sidewalks and scream at passersby, about aliens, the government, the grassy knoll, the apocalypse, etc., etc. One learns quickly never to make eye contact with them, or to respond to them in any way. The one thing I would like to know before I put you on my "ignore" list is this. Do you live in San Francisco?

And for those just tuning in....the actual gun self defense studies, the non military, non police studies are marked.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Field and la times most distort your numbers. Field isn't national so shouldn't be included. Please link to details of the la times survey. How many surveyed? What were the questions?

11 of your studies say it is less than 2 million. Averaging is pretty dumb.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Field and la times most distort your numbers. Field isn't national so shouldn't be included. Please link to details of the la times survey. How many surveyed? What were the questions?

Here are some details on gun accidents......

ABC News reports on guns mislead Americans Fox News

the article from the medical journal Pediatrics that ABC News relied on for information, doesn’t show that.

The vast majority of the injuries do not involve little children, but older teenagers, including 18- and 19-year-olds (who normally would be labeled “adults”).

Consider the following statistics from the Pediatrics article:

- The injury rate for black males 15 to 19 years old was 13 times higher than for white males.

- 84 percent of the injuries were for 15 to 19 year olds and 62 percent as a result of criminal assaults. These injuries don’t occur from young children accidentally mishandling a gun in their own home, but rather as victims of brutal crimes, often gang related.

If the study had broken down the numbers further, one would see that most of these injuries were for 17, 18, and 19-year-olds.

For example, in 2012, the Centers for Disease Control reports that 76% of firearm injuries were for those under age 20 were for 17, 18, and 19 year olds.

This is hardly the impression ABC News created by showing pictures and stories of young children while mentioning the 7,391 injuries.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Here are some details on gun accidents......

ABC News reports on guns mislead Americans Fox News

the article from the medical journal Pediatrics that ABC News relied on for information, doesn’t show that.

The vast majority of the injuries do not involve little children, but older teenagers, including 18- and 19-year-olds (who normally would be labeled “adults”).

Consider the following statistics from the Pediatrics article:

- The injury rate for black males 15 to 19 years old was 13 times higher than for white males.

- 84 percent of the injuries were for 15 to 19 year olds and 62 percent as a result of criminal assaults. These injuries don’t occur from young children accidentally mishandling a gun in their own home, but rather as victims of brutal crimes, often gang related.

If the study had broken down the numbers further, one would see that most of these injuries were for 17, 18, and 19-year-olds.

For example, in 2012, the Centers for Disease Control reports that 76% of firearm injuries were for those under age 20 were for 17, 18, and 19 year olds.

This is hardly the impression ABC News created by showing pictures and stories of young children while mentioning the 7,391 injuries.

Children are involved in many accidental shootings, it's a fact.

Brain, you probably don't know it, but 2aguy has been quoting these bogus numbers since the dinosaurs. The chances of you changing his mind about this is pretty much even with your chances of your walking from one end of the the lower 9th ward in New Orleans to the other at midnight on Saturday night, and surviving.

Yeah...more than a few studies put the number well over a million a year.....and the average of the 10 studies that do not include police or military shootings is 2 million times a year....40 years of research by different researchers many of them rabid anti gunners......

--------------------

And not one study is under 764,000 defensive gun uses a year.....

Yeah...more than a few studies put the number well over a million a year.....and the average of the 10 studies that do not include police or military shootings is 2 million times a year....40 years of research by different researchers many of them rabid anti gunners......

--------------------

And not one study is under 764,000 defensive gun uses a year.....

Brain, you probably don't know it, but 2aguy has been quoting these bogus numbers since the dinosaurs. The chances of you changing his mind about this is pretty much even with your chances of your walking from one end of the the lower 9th ward in New Orleans to the other at midnight on Saturday night, and surviving.

Yeah....show how they are bogus.......you anti gun extremists throw that around a lot, given that these studies were done by economists and criminologists, experts in their field, they are done by both private and public researchers, two, one done by the Clinton Justice Dept. by 2 anti gunners put the number at 1.5 million.....and obama gave the CDC 10 million dollars to study all the gun research up to that year in 2013 and came out with a range of 500,000 to 3 million.....

So you guys can't dispute the actual research, you point your finger and say "I debunk thee!" when you can't. 40 years of research.....that proves you guys have no idea what you are talking about......

Oh I know. I just think others need to see how ridiculous his claims are. Nothing in reality support them and he can't even show its possible mathematically.

Forum List

Back