Shooting at muslim cartoon event?

These people who go out of their way to insult a whole religion are sick and disgusting characters. I don't say they deserve death, but they are certainly not to be admired for what they do. They are contemptible not because they challenge the ideas of another religion, but because they choose to ridicule and insult it and think they are clever and cool for doing so.

Anyone with half a brain would be able to see the wider picture, which is that there are 1.7 billion Muslims on this planet and only miniscule number of them are terrorists or support terrorists or believe that someone should die for insulting Mohammed.

These people putting on this 'Islamic cartoon contest' are idiots and fools who do not understand that those who act as terrorists are not representatives of the 1.7 million Muslims on this planet and they don't understand a religion they are going out of their way to ridicule.

ASSERTION from Esmeralda -------

there are 1.7 billion Muslims on this planet and only miniscule number..... believe that someone should die
for insulting Mohammed.

Esmeralda-----it is YOUR contention that despite
the fact that EVERY COUNTRY that uses the
SHARIAH CODE as a code of law for its people---
examples include Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. prescribe the DEATH PENALTY FOR
APOSTASY ----not only do MOST MUSLIM oppose the
idea but only a "muniscule number" support it? How
could that be?

B7PKjQZIAAAFnxW.jpg
Which is why Erdogan is so dangerous and needs to be replaced. But it's not going to happen. He purged the military.

Where Ataturk looked to the West, Erdogan looks to Putin.

You are decidedly uninformed about history I see. Figures though. You have some idiotic opinions about a lot of subjects as I have witnessed.
Fuck "history"
These Islamists aren't being repressed. They are on the offensive.
Save the "well Christians did......." bullshit.
Try to stay in THIS century

I don't think that's the point.

Posted it before, posting it again -- two yahoos with guns in Dullass Texas don't represent a world religion of a billion people any more than McVeigh and Nichols did. You either apply Composition Fallacy to both, or to neither. You don't get to switch it on here, switch it off there, depending on what serves a bigotry agenda.
Yes, I agree, there's a peaceful Islam.
I'm not hearing them condemn this kinda shit, tho.
Their silence sounds like approval

These yahoos follow the letter of the Quran where Allah loves the warrior
If you are not hearing Muslims condemn terrorism, then you are not listening. Google it. You will find page after page of articles describing Muslims condemning terrorism.

It's like Christians condemning the Westboro Baptist Church. Real Christians realize that church has nothing to do with Christianity. Every time those people do a horrible thing, millions of Christians don't rise up and condemn it because what they do has no connection to them, has nothing to do with true Christianity.

It seems like I've heard it a million times, 'Why don't Muslims condemn the acts of terrorists.' It's amazing: they do, they do it all the time. Google it. I guess the press is not interested in covering it, don't know. But it is there.

They are NOT SILENT at all.
The mainstream Christians have been heard, in the Big Media, condemning Westboro.
The fact that I have to Google search to hear Muslim Clerics disavowing this behavior speaks volumes.

It does -- but speaks volumes about what?

Yet, Americans continue to live in mortal fear of radical Islam, a fear propagated and inflamed by right wing Islamophobes. If one follows the cable news networks, it seems as if all terrorists are Muslims. It has even become axiomatic in some circles to chant: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” Muslims and their “leftist dhimmi allies” respond feebly, mentioning Waco as the one counter example, unwittingly affirming the belief that “nearly all terrorists are Muslims.”

But perception is not reality. The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. That list can be accessed here (scroll down all the way to the bottom).

According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company.

Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group. The reason that Muslim apologists and their “leftist dhimmi allies” cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial (if any) coverage to such events. If a terrorist attack does not fit the “Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times” narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in a circuitous manner reinforces and “proves” the preconceived narrative. It is to such an extent that the average American cannot remember any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros? Surely what he does not know does not exist!

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion. The proof? Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort. Unfortunately for them, that’s not quite true. More like six percent. Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews). Let them dare say it…they couldn’t; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.​

... and speak of the devil....

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too “politically correct” to criticize Islam and Muslims. Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent. Can you imagine the reaction if I said that Latinos should be profiled because after all they are the ones who commit the most terrorism in the country? (For the record: I don’t believe in such profiling, because I am–unlike the right wing nutters–a believer in American ideals.)

The moral of the story is that Americans ought to calm down when it comes to Islamic terrorism. Right wingers always live in mortal fear–or rather, they try to make you feel that way. In fact, Pamela Geller (the queen of internet Islamophobia) literally said her mission was to “scare the bejeezus outta ya.” Don’t be fooled, and don’t be a wuss. You don’t live in constant fear of radicalized Latinos (unless you’re Lou Dobbs), even though they commit seven times more acts of terrorism than Muslims in America. Why then are you wetting yourself over Islamic radicals? -- All Terrorists are Muslim -- except the 94% that Aren't
Now then, back to the original question --- what sort of mass media are you expecting to acknowledge Islamic resistance (such as this) -- a force that would contradict and expose the house of cards that is their whole bread-and-butter?

Think about it -- what kind of news sells and what kind does not?
Puppet strings. See them.

These two guys were idiots. Shooting at random Texas retards for drawing cartoons wasn't going to do a damn thing except what it did - get them both killed. If they had really wanted to have an impact they would have shot Geller. She came up with it and promoted it.
You were all in favor of the "We Are Charlie" meme, but now it's "Fuck Pam", huh?
Hypo much?
:cuckoo:
Was this satire? Or just poking with a stick?
Is there a difference? Especially given an even stronger Islamic presence in Europe....
Yes, I think there is a difference between satire and poking groups with sticks just to piss them off.
Then I should never see you in a guno thread checking the "agree" button, right?
I don't know what that means. Sorry. :(

Polite Speech does not need Protection.

Offensive Speech does.

That's what the First Amendment is for.

Once the entire Muslim population of the world starts showing respect for non-Muslims, and stops trying to murder non-Muslims, then they'll begin to see the respect you believe they should have.
Until then, they deserve the push back that has been directed at them
You are decidedly uninformed about history I see. Figures though. You have some idiotic opinions about a lot of subjects as I have witnessed.
Fuck "history"

Posted it before, posting it again -- two yahoos with guns in Dullass Texas don't represent a world religion of a billion people any more than McVeigh and Nichols did. You either apply Composition Fallacy to both, or to neither. You don't get to switch it on here, switch it off there, depending on what serves a bigotry agenda.

If you are not hearing Muslims condemn terrorism, then you are not listening. Google it. You will find page after page of articles describing Muslims condemning terrorism.

It's like Christians condemning the Westboro Baptist Church. Real Christians realize that church has nothing to do with Christianity. Every time those people do a horrible thing, millions of Christians don't rise up and condemn it because what they do has no connection to them, has nothing to do with true Christianity.

It seems like I've heard it a million times, 'Why don't Muslims condemn the acts of terrorists.' It's amazing: they do, they do it all the time. Google it. I guess the press is not interested in covering it, don't know. But it is there.

They are if you go :lalala: .....

You were all in favor of the "We Are Charlie" meme, but now it's "Fuck Pam", huh?
Hypo much?
:cuckoo:
Was this satire? Or just poking with a stick?
Is there a difference? Especially given an even stronger Islamic presence in Europe....
Yes, I think there is a difference between satire and poking groups with sticks just to piss them off.
Then I should never see you in a guno thread checking the "agree" button, right?
I don't know what that means. Sorry. :(
No apologies.
That's a good thing, if you're telling the truth

Fuck "history"

The mainstream Christians have been heard, in the Big Media, condemning Westboro.
The fact that I have to Google search to hear Muslim Clerics disavowing this behavior speaks volumes.
It speaks volumes that the media isn't covering it.

Piss Crist = Free Speech
Draw Muhammad = Provocative.

Any of you Clown Avatars here that are against draw Muhammad shows are against America and Freedom in general.
^^^ This is the fatal flaw with conservatism: the inability and unwillingness to ever put the shoe on the other foot.

What if Muslim-Americans had organized a bible burning in Garland, Texas?

Would you be calling it free speech, or incitement to violence?

Fuck "history"

It does -- but speaks volumes about what?

Yet, Americans continue to live in mortal fear of radical Islam, a fear propagated and inflamed by right wing Islamophobes. If one follows the cable news networks, it seems as if all terrorists are Muslims. It has even become axiomatic in some circles to chant: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” Muslims and their “leftist dhimmi allies” respond feebly, mentioning Waco as the one counter example, unwittingly affirming the belief that “nearly all terrorists are Muslims.”

But perception is not reality. The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. That list can be accessed here (scroll down all the way to the bottom).

According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company.

Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group. The reason that Muslim apologists and their “leftist dhimmi allies” cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial (if any) coverage to such events. If a terrorist attack does not fit the “Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times” narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in a circuitous manner reinforces and “proves” the preconceived narrative. It is to such an extent that the average American cannot remember any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros? Surely what he does not know does not exist!

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion. The proof? Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort. Unfortunately for them, that’s not quite true. More like six percent. Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews). Let them dare say it…they couldn’t; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.​

... and speak of the devil....

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too “politically correct” to criticize Islam and Muslims. Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent. Can you imagine the reaction if I said that Latinos should be profiled because after all they are the ones who commit the most terrorism in the country? (For the record: I don’t believe in such profiling, because I am–unlike the right wing nutters–a believer in American ideals.)

The moral of the story is that Americans ought to calm down when it comes to Islamic terrorism. Right wingers always live in mortal fear–or rather, they try to make you feel that way. In fact, Pamela Geller (the queen of internet Islamophobia) literally said her mission was to “scare the bejeezus outta ya.” Don’t be fooled, and don’t be a wuss. You don’t live in constant fear of radicalized Latinos (unless you’re Lou Dobbs), even though they commit seven times more acts of terrorism than Muslims in America. Why then are you wetting yourself over Islamic radicals? -- All Terrorists are Muslim -- except the 94% that Aren't
Now then, back to the original question --- what sort of mass media are you expecting to acknowledge Islamic resistance (such as this) -- a force that would contradict and expose the house of cards that is their whole bread-and-butter?

Think about it -- what kind of news sells and what kind does not?
Puppet strings. See them.
I almost touched "informative" but for the birage of "Islamaphobe"

Respect is not kowtowing. When you grow up you may learn that.

Once the entire Muslim population of the world starts showing respect for non-Muslims, and stops trying to murder non-Muslims, then they'll begin to see the respect you believe they should have.
Until then, they deserve the push back that has been directed at them
Fuck "history"

mcveigh and nichols didn't commit their act on religious grounds...

Neither did the 9/11 hijackers. That hasn't stopped wacky wags here from insisting that 1.7 billion Muslims were on the four planes though.

Again -- Composition Fallacies either apply to all or they apply to none. It's not a light switch you can turn off and then suddenly switch on because you think there are monsters under your bed. Time to grow up.

Piss Crist = Free Speech
Draw Muhammad = Provocative.

Any of you Clown Avatars here that are against draw Muhammad shows are against America and Freedom in general.
^^^ This is the fatal flaw with conservatism: the inability and unwillingness to ever put the shoe on the other foot.

What if Muslim-Americans had organized a bible burning in Garland, Texas?

Would you be calling it free speech, or incitement to violence?
Would Christians have showed up with assault rifles and grenades?
No. And you know it.

Even the Westboro nutcases would have only showed up with signs.
True, they'd say stupid shit like "God hates Ragheads". But, still, only signs

Drawing cartoons is poking them with a stick
:thup:
Not always.

I've seen political-style cartoons that have drawn Mohammed as just another character, only with black hair and beard, and he is part of the dialogue, etc.

I have seen other cartoons of Mohammed that portray him fucking a goat.

I see a difference. Do you?

Why would a home grown Islamic activist feel so strongly about the event that he would want to use a firearm? Was the Mohammed cartoon contest intentionally offensive to followers of Mohammed? Don't mess with Texas though. Both terrorists apparently wore body armor and were armed with "assault" rifles and were taken down by a single Police Officer with a handgun. I wonder if the race pimps will protest the Officer's actions.

WORLD WIDE CONDEMNATION OF TERRORISM
By Abdullah, WhyIslam Associate

Prominent Muslim scholars, organizations and movements, representing the vast majority of Muslims worldwide, have repeatedly condemned terrorism, and have spoken out for peace and justice. Following is a very brief list of such open condemnation of terrorism, including statements issued in the wake of the heinous attacks on September 11.

1. The American Muslim Political Co-ordination Committee (AMPCC), which is a group of major American Muslim organizations, including ICNA (our parent organization), issued a statement on September 11, 2001 condemning the terrorist attacks. The AMPCC statement read in part:

“American Muslims utterly condemn what are vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.”

2. Major American Muslim organizations including the Islamic Circle of North America, are signatories to the following statement released on September 21, 2001.

American Muslim Response to the September Attacks

Released September 21, 2001

We, the undersigned Muslim organizations, support the President and Congress of the U.S. in the struggle against terrorism. Holding to the ideals of both our religion and our country, we condemn all forms of terrorism, and confirm the need for perpetrators of any such acts of violence to be brought to justice, including those who carried out the attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001.

At the same time, in the planning of this “war against terrorism,” we call upon the President and Congress to reaffirm the values and principles that make this country great, namely that one is innocent until proven guilty, that all accused have the right to a fair trial, that no one be punished for the acts of another, and that respect for human life is supreme, regardless of race or religion. To this end, we urge the U.S. government not to abandon the due process of law in determining responsibility for the attacks and punishing the guilty parties.

We are saddened by the possibility of military action, as we do not believe that terrorism can be eliminated solely or even effectively through military force. Rather we call upon our leaders to recognize that in order to rid the world of the ugliness of terrorism, our nation must understand its root causes. We hold out the hope that these root causes can be addressed through non-violent means, in a way that promotes peace and harmony between the nations of the world.

Signed:

Afghan Muslim Association (Fremont, CA)
American Muslims for Global Peace and Justice (AMGPJ)
American Muslims Intent on Learning and Activism (AMILA)
Arab-American Congress, Council on American-Islamic Relations (Northern California)
Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) Bay Area
Islamic Networks Group (ING)
Islamic Society of the East Bay (Union City, CA)
Islamic Society of San Francisco
Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) West Zone
Muslim American Society
Muslim Community Association (MCA)
Muslim Peace Fellowship (Nyack, NY)
South Bay Islamic Association (San Jose, CA)
Zaytuna Institute (Hayward, CA)

3. Prominent scholars worldwide have condemned terrorism as a heresy against Islam. The Grand Sheikh of Al-Azhar University, the oldest seat of Islamic learning, Sheikh Muhammed Sayyed Tantawi, has repeatedly condemned terrorism. He said in the name of Islamic law, he rejected and condemned the aggression against innocent civilian people, regardless of whatever side, sect or country the aggression came from. Prominent scholars of Saudi Arabia, Shaykh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz and Shaykh Uthaimeen, also condemned the terrorist attacks. Every other major scholar of Islam, has come out against the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians.

Statements of Prominent Islamic Scholars

“Hijacking planes, terrorizing innocent people and shedding blood constitute a form of injustice that can not be tolerated by Islam, which views them as gross crimes and sinful acts”
- Shaykh Abdul Aziz al-Ashaikh (Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia and Chairman of the Senior Ulama, on September 15th, 2001)

“The terrorists acts, from the perspective of Islamic law, constitute the crime of hirabah (waging war against society)”
Sept. 27, 2001 fatwa, signed by:
- Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi (Grand Islamic Scholar and Chairman of the Sunna and Sira Countil, Qatar)
- Judge Tariq al-Bishri, First Deputy President of the Council d’etat, Egypt
- Dr. Muhammad s. al-Awa, Professor of Islamic Law and Shari’a, Egypt
- Dr. Haytham al-Khayyat, Islamic scholar, Syria
- Fahmi Houaydi, Islamic scholar, Syria
- Shaykh Taha Jabir al-Alwani, Chairman, North America High Council

“Neither the law of Islam nor its ethical system justify such a crime.”
- Zaki Badawi, Principal of the Muslim College in London. Cited in Arab News, Sept. 28, 2001.

“It is wrong to kill innocent people. It is also wrong to praise those who kill innocent people.”
- Mufti Nizamuddin Shamzai, Pakistan. Cited in NY Times, Sept. 28, 2001.

*Ingrid Mattson, a professor of Islamic studies and Muslim-Christian relations at Hartford Seminary in Hartford, said there was no basis in Islamic law or sacred text for Mr. bin Laden’s remarks. “The basic theological distortion is that any means are permitted to achieve the end of protesting against perceived oppression.”
- Dr. Ingrid Mattson, (President of the Islamic Society of North America)

Conclusion

Muslims stand united in their condemnation of terrorist attacks and any attempt to link their faith to heinous acts that question the humanity of the perpetrators. The vast majority of Muslims worldwide find in Islam, a faith that preaches devotion and good character, not one that calls for hatred towards fellow humans.
Worldwide Condemnation of Terrorism

Christians dont seem to be as committed as Muslims when it comes to their prophet of choice. Matter of fact I dont recall a rule saying you cant draw Jesus.

You are an ignorant bigot.

Christians don't view Jesus as a "prophet," you mindless feral baboon, but as the son of god. No doubt you think Elijah Mohammed is in UFO guiding you - amirite?
You are a fucking moron.

Depends on which christians you ask and your understanding of what a prophet is. Since a lot of christians seemed to be idiots like you I'm not surprised you and they dont know what they are talking about.

What Fox Won't Show You: Muslim Leaders Are Condemning The Paris Terror Attack

Fox figures have falsely suggested the Muslim community has not condemned the terror attack on the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris, France despite the fact that Muslim leaders, advocacy groups and organizations, and leaders of Arab states have roundly denounced the attacks -- a fact that Fox reported on its website, but left off air.

12 Killed In Terror Attack On French Satirical Newspaper
Terror Attack Leaves 12 Dead In France. On January 7, 12 people were killed after an attack in Paris on Charlie Hebdo, a French weekly satirical newspaper. According to The New York Times, French President Francois Hollande quickly condemned the shooting as a terrorist attack "of exceptional barbarism" and raised the nation's security alert. [The New York Times, 1/7/15]

On Television, Fox News Claims Muslims Are Not Condemning Attack
Fox's Monica Crowley: "I Haven't Heard Any Condemnation" Of The Paris Attack From Muslim Groups. While discussing reactions to the Charlie Hebdo attack on the January 7 edition of Fox News' The Real Story, contributor Monica Crowley argued that Muslims "should be condemning" the attack and that she hadn't "heard any condemnation." [Fox News, The Real Story, 1/7/15]

Fox Guest: "You Don't See Denunciations Of Radical Islam ... By Mainstream Islamic Groups." In a discussion of the Paris attack on the January 7 edition of Fox News' America's Newsroom, guest Steve Emerson, executive director of the Investigative Project on Terrorism, claimed that "you don't see denunciations of radical Islam, by name, by mainstream Islamic groups." [Fox News, America's Newsroom, 1/7/15]

Fox Host Bob Beckel: Muslim Groups Like CAIR Keep "Their Mouth Shut When Things Happen." While discussing the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris during January 7 edition of Fox News' The Five, host Bob Beckel criticized Howard Dean for suggesting that the terrorists were like a cult, and claimed that Muslims as a whole are "being quiet." He went on to accuse the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) of keeping "their mouth shut when things happen." [Fox News, The Five, 1/7/15]

But Online, Fox News Shows Muslim Community Leaders Denouncing The Attack
On FoxNews.Com, Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA Spokesperson Condemns Paris Attack. During a January 7 interview with Fox host Gregg Jarett on FoxNews.com, Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA Spokesperson Qasim Rashid condemned the attack in Paris and refuted the notion that Islam is inherently violent (emphasis added):

JARRETT: Do you think more Muslims in the Muslim-American community need to speak up and, like you, condemn this kind of attack?

RASHID: I think Muslims are doing a very good job of speaking up. And I think there's an important conversation to be had about recognizing that this is not an Islamic act of terror -- this is just an act of terror done by people claiming to ascribe to Islam. When we study Islam, we see clearly that the Quran condemns this kind of violence categorically. That Prophet Muhammad said that a Muslim is one from whom all others are safe.

JARRETT: If, as you say, the Quran condemns this kind of violence, why is it these Islamic extremists, these terrorists use the Quran as justification for committing these kinds of violent acts?

RASHID: Well, it's the same reason why any extremist group uses scripture. There's no shortage of extremists in everything. Let's not forget the Lord's Resistance Army, a Ugandan terrorist group, that claims to be Christian. And I would vehemently argue against anyone who would blame the bible, or Jesus Christ, for their acts of terrorism. This is not about religion. This is about political power, this is about uneducated, ignorant youth who are being manipulated by clerics and extremists. And this is why it's all the more important for us, as the moderates, regardless of faith, to stay united and combat this. [FoxNews.com, 1/7/15]

Many Other Muslim Organizations Have Condemned The Attack
French Muslim Council: Attack Is An "Extremely Grave Barbaric Action." In a statement, the French Muslim Council condemned the Paris attack as an "extremely grave barbaric action," and called it "an attack against democracy and the freedom of the press." [AlJazeera.com, 1/7/15]

Muslim Council Of Britain Condemns Attack: "Nothing Justifies The Taking Of Life." The Muslim Council of Britain condemned the attack, saying "The Muslim Council of Britain condemns this attack. Whomever the attackers are, and whatever the cause may be, nothing justifies the taking of life." [Muslim Council of Britain, 1/7/15]

Council On American-Islamic Relations: "We Strongly Condemn This Brutal And Cowardly Attack." CAIR strongly condemned the attack, calling it "brutal and cowardly," and used the opportunity to reiterate the organization's "repudiation of any such assault on freedom of speech, even speech that mocks faiths and religious figures":

"We strongly condemn this brutal and cowardly attack and reiterate our repudiation of any such assault on freedom of speech, even speech that mocks faiths and religious figures. The proper response to such attacks on the freedoms we hold dear is not to vilify any faith, but instead to marginalize extremists of all backgrounds who seek to stifle freedom and to create or widen societal divisions.

"We offer sincere condolences to the families and loved ones of those killed or injured in this attack. We also call for the swift apprehension of the perpetrators, who should be punished to the full extent of the law." [Council on American-Islamic Relations, 1/7/15]

Arab League "Strongly Condemns The Terrorist Attack On Charlie Hebdo Newspaper In Paris." The Arab League said in a statement that "Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi strongly condemns the terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo newspaper in Paris." [Al Arabiya News, 1/7/15]

Al-Azhar: "Islam Denounces Any Violence." According to Al Arabiya News, "Al-Azhar, a thousand-year-old seat of religious learning respected by Muslims around the world, referred to the attack as a criminal act, saying that 'Islam denounces any violence.'" [Al Arabiya News, 1/7/15]
What Fox Won t Show You Muslim Leaders Are Condemning The Paris Terror Attack Research Media Matters for America

I could keep going with articles like this: page after page after page

Forum List

Back