Shop owner: " do not come in if you smell like marijuana". How soon will libs sue ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
No doubt some fucking lib will claim the shop owner is denying him his right to be served.

They'll make some bullshit argument that some people are smoking for medical reasons, and they have no choice but to smell like weed.

For this barber, stay out if you smell like pot

GREELEY (AP) – A Greeley barber is refusing to serve customers who smell like smoke – pot smoke – even though marijuana is legal throughout Colorado.And he’s legally within his right to discriminate, according to Denver lawyer Scott Robinson.“Business owners absolutely have the right to refuse service to someone who has been smoking pot, is drunk or for any other reason as long as it’s not an unlawful or unconstitutional reason such as race, religion or gender,” Robinson said.The sign posted on the door of Hugo’s Barber Shop about 50 miles northeast of Denver is guaranteed to lose some business: “Please do not come in if you smell like marijuana, there are families with kids who don’t want to smell it. This is a business not your house, thank you.”Colorado is the first place in the world where marijuana is regulated from seed to sale. Pot is the third-most popular recreational drug in America, after alcohol and tobacco, according to the marijuana reform group NORML.The owner of the barber shop, Hugo Corral, said he has a simple reason for his new rule.“It’s plain and simple disrespect,” he said. “People not having respect to the children and families who are in here. Just because it’s legal does not mean you can come in here smelling like marijuana and not caring.”About half of Corral’s customers had been showing up smelling like pot, which is what prompted him to post the sign about three weeks ago, he said. Customers even have questioned whether people were smoking marijuana in his shop.The sign already has received a lot of feedback.“Very controversial,” Corral said. “People have been bashing me on social media, making phone calls to my business.”As long as customers are willing to try to mask the smell, he said he won’t refuse to cut their hair. And the 5-year-old business is booming.
He is getting ready to move to a larger location.

The Durango Herald 03/10/2014 | For this barber, stay out if you smell like pot

The legalisation of pot in Colorado is going to end badly.
They were crazy to do it.

Shop owner: " do not come in if you smell like marijuana". How soon will libs sue ?

False derivative analogy: fail.

No doubt some fucking lib will claim the shop owner is denying him his right to be served.

They'll make some bullshit argument that some people are smoking for medical reasons, and they have no choice but to smell like weed.

GREELEY (AP) – A Greeley barber is refusing to serve customers who smell like smoke – pot smoke – even though marijuana is legal throughout Colorado.And he’s legally within his right to discriminate, according to Denver lawyer Scott Robinson.“Business owners absolutely have the right to refuse service to someone who has been smoking pot, is drunk or for any other reason as long as it’s not an unlawful or unconstitutional reason such as race, religion or gender,” Robinson said.The sign posted on the door of Hugo’s Barber Shop about 50 miles northeast of Denver is guaranteed to lose some business: “Please do not come in if you smell like marijuana, there are families with kids who don’t want to smell it. This is a business not your house, thank you.”Colorado is the first place in the world where marijuana is regulated from seed to sale. Pot is the third-most popular recreational drug in America, after alcohol and tobacco, according to the marijuana reform group NORML.The owner of the barber shop, Hugo Corral, said he has a simple reason for his new rule.“It’s plain and simple disrespect,” he said. “People not having respect to the children and families who are in here. Just because it’s legal does not mean you can come in here smelling like marijuana and not caring.”About half of Corral’s customers had been showing up smelling like pot, which is what prompted him to post the sign about three weeks ago, he said. Customers even have questioned whether people were smoking marijuana in his shop.The sign already has received a lot of feedback.“Very controversial,” Corral said. “People have been bashing me on social media, making phone calls to my business.”As long as customers are willing to try to mask the smell, he said he won’t refuse to cut their hair. And the 5-year-old business is booming.

As soon as they sue over people not serving those who come in smelling like alcohol. :D

If the shopowner was smart he would cut their hair and short them on their change when paying for it. They'd never notice.

So, is farting okay???

I pick up drunk people all the time in my cab - they reek of booze. I have never noticed ANYONE smelling like pot; never in my whole life.

The guy is just trying to make a statement. Who cares? He does evidently, good on him. After he refuses to serve gays, "Mexicans," goths, girly-men, fat people, hippies, and everyone else not like him, he can stand in line at the soup kitchen and blame it all on "subversives".

I pick up drunk people all the time in my cab - they reek of booze. I have never noticed ANYONE smelling like pot; never in my whole life.

The guy is just trying to make a statement. Who cares? He does evidently, good on him. After he refuses to serve gays, "Mexicans," goths, girly-men, fat people, hippies, and everyone else not like him, he can stand in line at the soup kitchen and blame it all on "subversives".

Get ready to start smelling it. Once your state either legalizes it, or allows it for "medical" purposes, you'll start coming across it everywhere.

So, is farting okay???

Go ask the shop owner.

Niether smoking dope or reeking of weed are rights of any kind. If one has poor personal hygine, there is no law allowing a person who stinks to enter his shop.

So long as the person can return for service when he washes or no longer reeks, then the shop owner is not singling out any one group.

Now if the shop owner makes a blanet..."no pot heads allowed", then there may be a question.

Last edited:
He'll never be sued. There isn't an "interest group" that would benefit from such a lawsuit. Stoners don't get their haircut very often anyway.......

Now if the barber said he refused to serve LGBT" people (or blacks, browns, yellows, or greens) who smell like marijuana.....then it'd be a done deal. :D

If I was that barber I would install Munchie Machines and make a killin.

Please do not come in if you smell like marijuana, there are families with kids who don’t want to smell it. This is a business not your house, thank you.
I fully agree with his sign. Kids should not be exposed to the smell of marijuana.

He is applying the rule to all customers, so he is really not discriminating. Other businesses also have rules for denying customers. One of my favorites is Schlotzsky's. They have a sign on the door that reads, "No shoes, No shirt, No Schlotzsky's".

If the smoking really was for a medical reason, a doctors note would then be in the picture. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Children are already bringing marijuana candy to school. Gee don't the teachers know kids that are high are better students? At least according to the potheads.

Forum List

Back