Shop owner: " do not come in if you smell like marijuana". How soon will libs sue ?

Shop owner: " do not come in if you smell like marijuana". How soon will libs sue ?
Never.

Unlike the OP and other ignorant conservatives, ‘libs’ understand the law, where marijuana smokers do not constitute a protected class of persons in accordance with any public accommodations laws.

In fact, business owners are at liberty to refuse service to potential patrons for any number of reasons, such as inappropriate dress, or smelling like marijuana.

And as long as prohibitions are applied consistently to everyone equally, a business owner needn’t worry about being ‘sued.’

A business owner can only run the risk of a lawsuit if he denies service to a patron solely because of his race, religion, or sexual orientation, or any other protected class of persons per a given public accommodations statute.

Oddly enough, I manage a medical marijuana dispensary in Arizona. According to state law it is illegal for me to sell to an intoxicated person. That means you can't smell like booze OR pot to get your pot...at the potshop........lol.

file under strange but true

I have never noticed ANYONE smelling like pot; never in my whole life.

I can smell pot or cigarette smoke on a person.
It is on their clothes and in their hair. On Spring Break when college students come into the gallery, it is VERY noticeable. We have great fun with them. They will even show us their little pipes that fold into their purses, when asked how good is that weed you had before coming in here. They are very proud of it's origin and love to talk of it. :lol: It is a fun time, until a real customer comes in, looking for something to buy. And the students are left to themselves and they leave. :D

Never.

Unlike the OP and other ignorant conservatives, ‘libs’ understand the law, where marijuana smokers do not constitute a protected class of persons in accordance with any public accommodations laws.

In fact, business owners are at liberty to refuse service to potential patrons for any number of reasons, such as inappropriate dress, or smelling like marijuana.

And as long as prohibitions are applied consistently to everyone equally, a business owner needn’t worry about being ‘sued.’

A business owner can only run the risk of a lawsuit if he denies service to a patron solely because of his race, religion, or sexual orientation, or any other protected class of persons per a given public accommodations statute.

Yeah yeah, we know all that, and we also know when you guys don't get your way, you take it to the courts. Now obviously this owner should indeed be allowed to keep potheads out of his store since as you say they are not (at this point) one of your precious little protected classes.
However, I wouldn't put anything passed a good creative lawyer paired up with an asshole liberal client.
I'm certain given time they could come up with some sort of civil right being violated, by not being allowed to use their "medicine" while needing a haircut.

Nothing would surprise me, not anymore.

I pick up drunk people all the time in my cab - they reek of booze. I have never noticed ANYONE smelling like pot; never in my whole life.

The guy is just trying to make a statement. Who cares? He does evidently, good on him. After he refuses to serve gays, "Mexicans," goths, girly-men, fat people, hippies, and everyone else not like him, he can stand in line at the soup kitchen and blame it all on "subversives".

Funny..
Almost every kid in my high school that wore a jeans jacket with the name of some band on it( usually The Grateful Dead) worn over a hooded sweatshirt smelled like they had just left a closet full of people smoking pot.

What this thread is doing is trying to advance the right-wing meme that they're clean and liberals are dirty "hippies", even though the word hippie isn't used by young people anymore. It's an old word. Just like when Republican politicians go on tv and reminisce about Ronald Reagan and more than half the country goes, "Who?" or "So what?".

If every fat southern conservative who smelled like cheese whiz and jerky was refused service somewhere, they'd be whining about how it's their "freedom" to smell like a worn jockstrap.

The only time I ever smell marijuana on people is usually students, and the smell is so much nicer than fat, sweaty Republicans who drive trucks all day and repeat every goddamn things Rush Limbaugh says.

But do liberals make a big deal of fat, sweaty Republican customers? Nope, they serve them all the same.

So suck it up America, pot is here to stay and it smells better than about a million other things.

Last edited:
What this thread is doing is trying to advance the right-wing meme that they're clean and liberals are dirty "hippies", even though the word hippie isn't used by young people anymore. It's an old word. Just like when Republican politicians go on tv and reminisce about Ronald Reagan and more than half the country goes, "Who?" or "So what?".

If every fat southern conservative who smelled like cheese whiz and jerky was refused service somewhere, they'd be whining about how it's their "freedom" to smell like a worn jockstrap.

The only time I ever smell marijuana on people is usually students, and the smell is so much nicer than fat, sweaty Republicans who drive trucks all day and repeat every goddamn things Rush Limbaugh says.

But do liberals make a big deal of fat, sweaty Republican customers? Nope, they serve them all the same.

So suck it up America, pot is here to stay and it smells better than about a million other things.

Well pot is here to stay, thanks mainly to X'ers and millennials, however saying it smells better than some other things is subjective. It smells better than dog shit, I'll give you that.

So yeah, suck it up America. So what if we end up having a higher percentage of drugged out Americans walking around than ever before, and don't pay any attention to the studies now coming out that show a higher # of vehicle fatalities involving pot use since the relaxed medical marijuana laws have went into effect. Yeah, suck it up.

They should pass a law where all shop owners have to post their hatreds in their shop window. I bet the most popular sign would be : I hate muslims.

No doubt some fucking lib will claim the shop owner is denying him his right to be served.

They'll make some bullshit argument that some people are smoking for medical reasons, and they have no choice but to smell like weed.

For this barber, stay out if you smell like pot

GREELEY (AP) – A Greeley barber is refusing to serve customers who smell like smoke – pot smoke – even though marijuana is legal throughout Colorado.And he’s legally within his right to discriminate, according to Denver lawyer Scott Robinson.“Business owners absolutely have the right to refuse service to someone who has been smoking pot, is drunk or for any other reason as long as it’s not an unlawful or unconstitutional reason such as race, religion or gender,” Robinson said.The sign posted on the door of Hugo’s Barber Shop about 50 miles northeast of Denver is guaranteed to lose some business: “Please do not come in if you smell like marijuana, there are families with kids who don’t want to smell it. This is a business not your house, thank you.”Colorado is the first place in the world where marijuana is regulated from seed to sale. Pot is the third-most popular recreational drug in America, after alcohol and tobacco, according to the marijuana reform group NORML.The owner of the barber shop, Hugo Corral, said he has a simple reason for his new rule.“It’s plain and simple disrespect,” he said. “People not having respect to the children and families who are in here. Just because it’s legal does not mean you can come in here smelling like marijuana and not caring.”About half of Corral’s customers had been showing up smelling like pot, which is what prompted him to post the sign about three weeks ago, he said. Customers even have questioned whether people were smoking marijuana in his shop.The sign already has received a lot of feedback.“Very controversial,” Corral said. “People have been bashing me on social media, making phone calls to my business.”As long as customers are willing to try to mask the smell, he said he won’t refuse to cut their hair. And the 5-year-old business is booming.
He is getting ready to move to a larger location.

The Durango Herald 03/10/2014 | For this barber, stay out if you smell like pot

Public intoxication's always been illegal. Whether alcohol or cannabis or something else, the crime's identical. If you reek of cannabis, it's a fair assumption you're stoned.

Forum List

Back