🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shortage of 400,000 welders predicted in next 4 years

Yup. Loads of people waste their time and money going to college when a trade would make them a much better living.

Welder, mason's, pipers, plumbers and electricians. These guys make big bucks and are always in demand.

That's what I was just about to point out. One reason for this shortage is a failure of our education system. We still have an education system designed around pushing everybody into college when most people aren't cut out for college as opposed to providing vocational education that could help a lot of non-college bound people get good careers
A lot has to do with how our Votech schools are funded. Here, the Votech covered several school districts. Each district contributes a minimum based on their district enrollment & this gives them so many students they can send. If they send more, they pay more. School boards & administrators don't want to loose that extra funding so they do not encourage as much as they should.

Welding is a good career but it is not easy. You have to wear all that protective gear & use a respirator. A knowledge of various metals is also important as weld prep geometries. You need to know all of that to make the big bucks.

Financial help for trade schools like college is available.

I can weld but I am horrible at it. I tried to get a job with Kubota few years back and I just couldn't do the lines small and clean enough lol. This is good for high school students because SOME places do offer welding.
Yeah, it's not really "easy" and like anything else it takes practice- a lot of it. Then too, nothing worth having is spelled easy-

I worked with an old man years ago who was a self taught welder- he always said he could weld anything but a broken heart or the crack of dawn- a really good welder is an artist- there's a lot to it as well- just watch a good welder work-

I don't believe there is a blue collar trade that isn't short of workers. If it requires getting your hands dirty, most people don't want to do it, but they will howl about their low wages.

I'm a union carpenter, and my wage today is 35 bucks an hour with excellent benefits. If you think the pay for blue collar workers is high now, just wait 20 years when the worker shortages will be CRITICAL. They will be able to right their own ticket.

Mark
But Unions are out to destroy America by forcing employers to pay lowly workers living wages.....that is almost like Stalin...

Seems like a good time to needlessly deport skilled laborers who never hurt anyone

Time to get rid of illegal workers and replace them with legal workers, their skin color has nothing to do with it, except to you who felt the need to bring it up.

Yup. Loads of people waste their time and money going to college when a trade would make them a much better living.

Welder, mason's, pipers, plumbers and electricians. These guys make big bucks and are always in demand.

That's what I was just about to point out. One reason for this shortage is a failure of our education system. We still have an education system designed around pushing everybody into college when most people aren't cut out for college as opposed to providing vocational education that could help a lot of non-college bound people get good careers
A lot has to do with how our Votech schools are funded. Here, the Votech covered several school districts. Each district contributes a minimum based on their district enrollment & this gives them so many students they can send. If they send more, they pay more. School boards & administrators don't want to loose that extra funding so they do not encourage as much as they should.

Welding is a good career but it is not easy. You have to wear all that protective gear & use a respirator. A knowledge of various metals is also important as weld prep geometries. You need to know all of that to make the big bucks.

Financial help for trade schools like college is available.

Doing something to the best of your ability is never easy. A friend of mine was a welder and could make welding look easy but he was a craftsman who to pride in his work.

Many years ago (about 60) I participated in a welding skills program. It was an effort to develop a particular sort of welder (overhead) for submarine construction. It proved to be far more difficult than I imagined. It's almost an art rather than a skill. An art I could not master. From experience I can tell you that a good welder is worth twice the hourly rate they're now being paid. Perhaps when the shortage bites they'll begin to get paid fairly. But it's not something that everyone can do and even fewer can do it really well.

Pres.Trump is creating more jobs as usual. I guess that we all will soon get tired of all of these jobs he's creating

th
Industrial welder is a good paying career. The jobs start off paying around $30 to $50 per hour. And the course to be a welder is very simple. And if you get all of your certifications. You will not have any problem finding a job in that area. And if the job market slows down. You can easy find a job working temporarily at a muffler shop or wrought iron store until things picks up.

th
3jmbql.gif
TAMPA, Fla. - Big companies flock to Hillsborough Community College to woo students in the welding program. The stakes are high for welding recruiters.

"By the year 2024, we'll be over 400,000 shortage of welders in the United States," says Randy Kelley with Tampa Tank Inc. He says the industry is evolving. "One of the things that's been really big in the welding industry is the introduction of robotics."

That's where H.C.C. stays ahead of the curve. Administrators are putting advances in technology at the forefront of the curriculum. Lead welding instructor Logan Harry says today's welder needs to be more tech-savvy.

"We are buying new equipment. The industry is telling us the need and then we are providing the student with that ability," he explained.

Student Samuel Serrano says that type of hands-on, tech-based experience is hard to come by in a classroom setting.

"We even have a submerged arc welder that we've learned on, which is a semi-automated process that a lot of technical schools don't even touch on," he said.

It's not just the H.C.C. welding department keeping up with the times. Diesel technician student Bianca Melendez says you can't go far in the industry without a solid technology background.

"Maybe back in the day it was a possibility, but now everything is electrical. Everything is computer-based now," she offered.

Robert Half Recruiting's Michael Clemens says its education that's preparing students for a wealth of opportunity.

"Right now, it’s just this super-intense job market for technology. Employers who are moving quickly on hiring decisions are reaping the benefit of getting the top talent in our community."

Hillsborough Community College grads aren't having any problems finding jobs. The welding program boasts a job placement rate of 80% and the diesel tech program is at 100%.

If you think welders are tough to find, try finding good toolmakers sometime. Many countries won't let them leave except for a vacation.

Pres.Trump is creating more jobs as usual. I guess that we all will soon get tired of all of these jobs he's creating

th
Industrial welder is a good paying career. The jobs start off paying around $30 to $50 per hour. And the course to be a welder is very simple. And if you get all of your certifications. You will not have any problem finding a job in that area. And if the job market slows down. You can easy find a job working temporarily at a muffler shop or wrought iron store until things picks up.

th
3jmbql.gif
TAMPA, Fla. - Big companies flock to Hillsborough Community College to woo students in the welding program. The stakes are high for welding recruiters.

"By the year 2024, we'll be over 400,000 shortage of welders in the United States," says Randy Kelley with Tampa Tank Inc. He says the industry is evolving. "One of the things that's been really big in the welding industry is the introduction of robotics."

That's where H.C.C. stays ahead of the curve. Administrators are putting advances in technology at the forefront of the curriculum. Lead welding instructor Logan Harry says today's welder needs to be more tech-savvy.

"We are buying new equipment. The industry is telling us the need and then we are providing the student with that ability," he explained.

Student Samuel Serrano says that type of hands-on, tech-based experience is hard to come by in a classroom setting.

"We even have a submerged arc welder that we've learned on, which is a semi-automated process that a lot of technical schools don't even touch on," he said.

It's not just the H.C.C. welding department keeping up with the times. Diesel technician student Bianca Melendez says you can't go far in the industry without a solid technology background.

"Maybe back in the day it was a possibility, but now everything is electrical. Everything is computer-based now," she offered.

Robert Half Recruiting's Michael Clemens says its education that's preparing students for a wealth of opportunity.

"Right now, it’s just this super-intense job market for technology. Employers who are moving quickly on hiring decisions are reaping the benefit of getting the top talent in our community."

Hillsborough Community College grads aren't having any problems finding jobs. The welding program boasts a job placement rate of 80% and the diesel tech program is at 100%.

If you think welders are tough to find, try finding good toolmakers sometime. Many countries won't let them leave except for a vacation.
AMEN

Welding Robots

Same bead every time.
I've run those(watched) for many hours. It looks great on the surface but cut and etch for penetration and problems often abound. A human can detect those immediately by watching the weld puddle but when 6 machines are at it at once you can't detect it.......until after the axle stubs cause the 18 wheeler to shatter at 80 MPH then flattening a school bus.
The Jews that buy them feel " it was worth it"
The stockholders agree.

Welding Robots

Same bead every time.
I've run those(watched) for many hours. It looks great on the surface but cut and etch for penetration and problems often abound. A human can detect those immediately by watching the weld puddle but when 6 machines are at it at once you can't detect it.......until after the axle stubs cause the 18 wheeler to shatter at 80 MPH then flattening a school bus.
The stockholders agree.

It can hold its arms up for days without getting tired, and the state of the art will improve. I'm not saying it can replace humans, but how many cows are milked manually these days?

Stockholders do enjoy profit.

Welding Robots

Same bead every time.
The stockholders agree.

It can hold its arms up for days without getting tired, and the state of the art will improve. I'm not saying it can replace humans, but how many cows are milked manually these days?

I also know the milk game. A good computer can detect variances from day to day often finding health issues, variations due to weather, pregnancy, antibiotics, grass problems by pasture(by ear tag/bar code ID). It still can't equal 1 man per machine----at least watching. YET. It'll come with time.
Stocks would drop for a bit causing chaos and screams/whines of antisemitic influence

Remove every able bodied adult from welfare and see if they would rather work than go hungry

Welding Robots

Same bead every time.
The stockholders agree.

I also know the milk game. A good computer can detect variances from day to day often finding health issues, variations due to weather, pregnancy, antibiotics, grass problems by pasture(by ear tag/bar code ID). It still can't equal 1 man per machine----at least watching. YET. It'll come with time.
Stocks would drop for a bit causing chaos and screams/whines of antisemitic influence

I don't know the milk game - I just grabbed a handy udder.

Bots don't get shift differential either, despite working 'round the clock, so the equality level is 3 men per machine. Yes, we need human welders, but to a definite degree, it's training for the past. At least when it comes to the masses of Americans.

Seems like a good time to needlessly deport skilled laborers who never hurt anyone
LMAO........I would be surprised if even 1% of illegals are tradesmen

Then you'd be surprised. The housing boom of the '90s and Oughts rode on the backs of skilled, immigrant tradesmen. Not necessarily licensed, of course.
Yeah and my brother gets called to fix their fuckups, No shortage in that industry.

BTW brother says everyone in the industry knows we are overbuilt. Thinking of buying ...I wouldnt

th

th
3jmbql.gif

Been to a muffler shop lately? Lost in time there buckwheat.

Forum List

Back