Shotgun Question

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Many years ago I bought a Norinco Model 372. I bought it because it was priced right, less than $200 then learned later it's a Chinese clone of an Ithaca Model 37. I took it to the range a couple of times years ago and other than the stock length it worked just fine.
I pulled it out a while back and have been considering replacing the stock with a six position tactical stock. I'm wondering if one made for the Ithaca 37 would work.
1267719_01_interstate_arms_norinco_model__640.jpg

Idk, but if it doesn't, it's not a big deal.
Those are decent shotguns for the money.

Nothing says fuck off like buckshot.

That looks like a pretty well balanced weapon with the factory stock. If you are shooting clay it looks to me that the factory stock would give you better stock weld, & hence a better score.

May have found one. KickLite Tactical Six Position stock.
s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?
It won't help much and if you do have to use it, you don't want it looking all tactical.... DAs don't like that.
As I said in the OP, the current (original) configuration is too long for me, I need to shorten it by at least two inches to fit me perfectly.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?
It won't help much and if you do have to use it, you don't want it looking all tactical.... DAs don't like that.
As I said in the OP, the current (original) configuration is too long for me, I need to shorten it by at least two inches to fit me perfectly.

Thats easy enough to fix. Whenever I buy a shotgun 9 times out of 10 the length of pull is wrong.
Any decent gun shop can fix you right up.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

Thats easy enough to fix. Whenever I buy a shotgun 9 times out of 10 the length of pull is wrong.

It's a polymer stock. I'd have to buy a wood stock (if they're still available) and most can be really expensive.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

I just found this:

Choate 37 Conventional Youth butt stock.

11 3/4s inch pull which might be a tad short but I can buy a separate recoil pad to make it a little longer. It's a high quality construct which means it ain't cheap, around $90.

04-01-10A.jpg

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

It's a polymer stock. I'd have to buy a wood stock (if they're still available) and most can be really expensive.

You can shorten polymer stocks.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

I just found this:

Choate 37 Conventional Youth butt stock.

11 3/4s inch pull which might be a tad short but I can buy a separate recoil pad to make it a little longer. It's a high quality construct which means it ain't cheap, around $90.

04-01-10A.jpg

$90 bucks is cheap.
And by looking at the pic of your shotgun it has a removable pad.
Have you measured your length of pull to find out what your length should be?
It almost looks like someone lengthened it to suit their needs.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

You can shorten polymer stocks.

Not sure you can shorten this one, hollow on the inside with just two tabs that the recoil pad attaches to.
Have left inquiries with Boyd's and Choate.

Forum List

Back