• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
I say SURE, why not. Palin won't have to see Russia, she'll be there!

A new White House petition has been launched calling for the state of Alaska to secede from the U.S. and rejoin Russia.

The petition – called “Alaska Back to Russia” — has nearly 30,000 signatures after being created March 21 by S.V. of Anchorage.

I personally like this one.

The petitioner does not explain or provide any reason why Alaska should rejoin Russia, but just states: “Vote for secession of Alaska from the United States and joining Russia.”

Thousands Sign White House Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia « CBS DC

I say SURE, why not. Palin won't have to see Russia, she'll be there!

A new White House petition has been launched calling for the state of Alaska to secede from the U.S. and rejoin Russia.

The petition – called “Alaska Back to Russia” — has nearly 30,000 signatures after being created March 21 by S.V. of Anchorage.

I personally like this one.

The petitioner does not explain or provide any reason why Alaska should rejoin Russia, but just states: “Vote for secession of Alaska from the United States and joining Russia.”

Thousands Sign White House Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia « CBS DC

Alaska has a lot of Russian history.

That being said, looks like a bogus petition.

So despite there being another thread on this and the fact that a majority of the petitioners dont live in Alaska, you think this is serious and needs a second thread?

Alaska is much more valuable to Russia than it is to the U.S.

Russia would allow drilling and development of ANWR.

Russia would allow natural gas and crude oil pipelines to necessarily cross Alaskan tundra.

Russia would allow hydrocarbon exports from Alaska.

Russia would build refineries in Alaska.

In short, Russia manage Alaska rather than let it lie fallow in the interest of lofty environmentalist zeal.

Russia would allow natural gas and crude oil pipelines to necessarily cross Alaskan tundra.

In short, Russia manage Alaska rather than let it lie fallow in the interest of lofty environmentalist zeal.
Not to worry...

I suspect that the next time the Pubs get up to bat, they'll take care of that...

Not to worry...

I suspect that the next time the Pubs get up to bat, they'll take care of that...

Excuse me?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back