CDZ Should Americans be allowed to own military sniper rifles and military door buster guns?

lol yeah it's real commie stuff, not buying into your ridiculous logic. The fact is,, all you 'freedum fighters' aren't going to ever do shit but hide under your beds.

Thanks for proving me correct that you believe in guilty until proven innocent.

Yeah, that;'s it ... lol and you wonder why the Right can't win elections and barely squeaks by Democrat loons a few percentage points in national elections. It's a Big Mystery n Stuff to you. You're as looney as they are.
And... today is not that day.

If some people believe that Americans shouldn't be allowed to own "military style" rifles....what about actual military sniper rifles? How about military guns used to blow doors off their hinges? These are weapons used in actual war by the military.....should they be banned since they are actual military weapons vs. "military style," weapons?

And do you understand that under the Miller ruling....from the Supreme Court....actual military weapons are protected under the 2nd Amendment?

Well, I believe one can own whatever they want. Military sniper weapon? What do those look like? What makes the "military"? When I was a kid my uncle would come over once a year. He would tell us stories about the Falllands island campaign. He told us about this dude in Vietnam called Carlos Hathcock. Forgive the spelling. Anyway that guy used a plane Jane deer rifle for his sniping, which I guess he was rebound for. And door buster guns? I don't know what that is, but it sounds like a shot gun. That's what they always used before. A battering ram, bolt cutters and a mos erg 500 is what my boy used when he did that. I don't see why not. I think those are not unreasonable at all.

If some people believe that Americans shouldn't be allowed to own "military style" rifles....what about actual military sniper rifles? How about military guns used to blow doors off their hinges? These are weapons used in actual war by the military.....should they be banned since they are actual military weapons vs. "military style," weapons?

And do you understand that under the Miller ruling....from the Supreme Court....actual military weapons are protected under the 2nd Amendment?

Well, I believe one can own whatever they want. Military sniper weapon? What do those look like? What makes the "military"? When I was a kid my uncle would come over once a year. He would tell us stories about the Falllands island campaign. He told us about this dude in Vietnam called Carlos Hathcock. Forgive the spelling. Anyway that guy used a plane Jane deer rifle for his sniping, which I guess he was rebound for. And door buster guns? I don't know what that is, but it sounds like a shot gun. That's what they always used before. A battering ram, bolt cutters and a mos erg 500 is what my boy used when he did that. I don't see why not. I think those are not unreasonable at all.
RPGs?

Stinger Missiles?

My question is why doesn't a law-abiding citizen have them?

Yes. There's no good reason for a civilian to own a gun if he isn't a soldier or a cop.
OH BUT YES THERE IS A REASON TO HAVE THOSE WEAPONS AND MORE LIKE THEM. yOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU

RPGs?

Stinger Missiles?

If we lived in Jurassic park maybe. Me personally though, I'm okay without. That's a different thing though. The guns described by the OP can also be sporting arms.

This is a military weapon.

image.jpeg

In that case, I agree with the Second Amendment, which reads, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Founders were saying that Americans should be allowed to carry arms equivalent to what a foot soldier carries, because that reflects a well-regulated militia. imho.

I can own a bazooka as long as I register it and pay the taxes on it. Is it wise for me to own a bazooka? That's a different question. IMO it is the same as being able to buy a car that can go over 200 MPH. Do you "need" a car that goes that fast? No. Can you legally own a car that goes that fast? Yes.
A state can decide which cars are street legal. Many high performance cars are not

Same goes for guns
The OP question began "Should Americans be allowed to own...". A state's authority to ban certain cars and certain guns is not relevant to that question. I personally don't understand why Americans want to own ultra fast cars and ultra powerful guns but this is America. Own what you want but you are responsible.

Not really. Goober Gump's net worth, including his underwear and half a tube of Vaseline gel, is $24.45. He's drunk as usual on Saturday morning, after his 10 breakfast beers, and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage he bought through an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics. He didn't do it on purpose, he's a good ole boy and all that.

You think Good ole Goober's estate will cover the damage and revive the victims?

How did he pay for the 20KT warhead, which BTW is a tiny nuke?

He doesn't explain how one would "accidentally go off" either...I don't believe one has ever accidently gone off in the history of mankind and since they must reach critical mass I doubt any average joe cold perform this task.

...and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage...
Oppenheimer's law:
"As an online gun control discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving nuclear weapons approaches 1."
Corollary:
Anti-gun loons bring up nukes because they know they cannot otherwise argue the point before them.

...and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage...
Oppenheimer's law:
"As an online gun control discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving nuclear weapons approaches 1."
Corollary:
Anti-gun loons bring up nukes because they know they cannot otherwise argue the point before them.

I guess the two rebuttals to that argument would be....

1) **** you (edited because this is the CDZ) You can't have our guns...

2) Okay, you can ban civilians having tactical nukes....but that means you are okay with AR-15s, and all the other rifles, shotguns and pistols....right?

Military sniper weapon - In reality one of this country's most effective snipers was Carlos Hathcock. He used a Winchester Model 70 bolt action in .30 06 much like the ones you could buy at Sears, Western Auto, Otasco and other big retail stores at the time. They are still available and the ammo is still sold by Wallyworld. IIRC, Carlos was credited with somewhere around 90 kills (I'm working off memory here.)

I don't know what would have made a regular rifle a "military" weapon. Every competition shooter will free float the barrel (that just means they sand the stock so that it don't touch the barrel), use some form of epoxy to seal the action of the weapon to the stock and do other little tune ups to make it more accurate.

Yes. There's no good reason for a civilian to own a gun if he isn't a soldier or a cop.

Bull pucky.

I can own a bazooka as long as I register it and pay the taxes on it. Is it wise for me to own a bazooka? That's a different question. IMO it is the same as being able to buy a car that can go over 200 MPH. Do you "need" a car that goes that fast? No. Can you legally own a car that goes that fast? Yes.
A state can decide which cars are street legal. Many high performance cars are not

Same goes for guns
The OP question began "Should Americans be allowed to own...". A state's authority to ban certain cars and certain guns is not relevant to that question. I personally don't understand why Americans want to own ultra fast cars and ultra powerful guns but this is America. Own what you want but you are responsible.

Not really. Goober Gump's net worth, including his underwear and half a tube of Vaseline gel, is $24.45. He's drunk as usual on Saturday morning, after his 10 breakfast beers, and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage he bought through an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics. He didn't do it on purpose, he's a good ole boy and all that.

You think Good ole Goober's estate will cover the damage and revive the victims?

With a loan from Eddie's Pawn Shop and Massage Parlor. His net worth was a lot higher before he sent off for the nuke.

Oppenheimer's law:
Corollary:

I'm not an 'anti-gun loon', you're just mentally ill and realize many of the right wing's positions and their 'logic' are ridiculous, but you can't admit it publically cuz the other loons will call you a commie n stuff and stop sending you the newsletters and thanking your retarded posts on what the public should be able to buy. You couldn't live without your peer group's approval, like a lot of teenagers and kids.

Oppenheimer's law:
Corollary:
I'm not an 'anti-gun loon',
^^^
This is a lie.
you're just mentally ill and realize many of the right wing's positions and their 'logic' are ridiculous,
You cannot demonstrate any of this to be true.

Same goes for guns

With a loan from Eddie's Pawn Shop and Massage Parlor. His net worth was a lot higher before he sent off for the nuke.

It is so sad that you are such a troll and so damned stupid!

Forum List

Back