CDZ Should Americans be allowed to own military sniper rifles and military door buster guns?

I can own a bazooka as long as I register it and pay the taxes on it. Is it wise for me to own a bazooka? That's a different question. IMO it is the same as being able to buy a car that can go over 200 MPH. Do you "need" a car that goes that fast? No. Can you legally own a car that goes that fast? Yes.
A state can decide which cars are street legal. Many high performance cars are not

Same goes for guns

The government may have the power to criminalize firearms, but they still lack the de jure authority.

They have had that authority for a hundred years

If you disagree, our court system is available to you

If I need a weapon, I will buy it or build it. All your statement proves is that the government sometimes has the POWER to infringe upon a Right; they lack the AUTHORITY to enforce unconstitutional laws which is ONE reason why the Second Amendment exists.
I don’t think you understand what AUTHORITY means

By all means, do your best to convince us of that.

I can own a bazooka as long as I register it and pay the taxes on it. Is it wise for me to own a bazooka? That's a different question. IMO it is the same as being able to buy a car that can go over 200 MPH. Do you "need" a car that goes that fast? No. Can you legally own a car that goes that fast? Yes.
A state can decide which cars are street legal. Many high performance cars are not

Same goes for guns
The OP question began "Should Americans be allowed to own...". A state's authority to ban certain cars and certain guns is not relevant to that question. I personally don't understand why Americans want to own ultra fast cars and ultra powerful guns but this is America. Own what you want but you are responsible.

Not really. Goober Gump's net worth, including his underwear and half a tube of Vaseline gel, is $24.45. He's drunk as usual on Saturday morning, after his 10 breakfast beers, and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage he bought through an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics. He didn't do it on purpose, he's a good ole boy and all that.

You think Good ole Goober's estate will cover the damage and revive the victims?
Do you always think in cartoon?

You pretending this thread is something adults need to take seriously? Sorry, gave up binge drinking after my first semester in college. Only weirdos think everything should be legal for civilians to own, just because they haven't been arrested for something yet. My scenario in fact is a very good one compared to the weirdo alternatives.

We need to make plutonium and Sarin gas available to any military hobbyist as well; after all there is nothing in the Constitution that says my neighbor Goober Gump, who wears a foil hat and a raincoat 365 days a year, shouldn't be allowed to play with that stuff in his garage and stuff.
One day you will add something meaningful to a discussion.
Today is not that day.
Don't see any great brilliance from the right wing nutjobs here, just the usual idiotic premises based on too much drinking and mental retardation.
We note your inability to provide rational, reasoned responses to our posts.
Given your petulant tirade, above - what's that make you?

Retarded idiotic premises are not going to generate rational reasoned responses, as we can easily see from yours and the other weirdos' pretenses of sanity and reason failing.

I would apply Scalia's "common use" standard from Heller. I don't know or care what a "doorbuster is", maybe it's a KC Chiefs defensive lineman. But bolt action, pump action, and semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns have been in common use for over 100 years in this country. The right to own them is not to be infringed. So forget about it.
Many states ban sawed off shotguns

Those are about useless anyway so who cares. You can buy one of legal length that makes a kickass home defense weapon if that's your preference.
Refers to your common use claim not effectiveness

Not really. Goober Gump's net worth, including his underwear and half a tube of Vaseline gel, is $24.45. He's drunk as usual on Saturday morning, after his 10 breakfast beers, and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage he bought through an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics. He didn't do it on purpose, he's a good ole boy and all that.

You think Good ole Goober's estate will cover the damage and revive the victims?
Hyperbole and imaginary boogie men work only for gov't rhetoric- on message boards, not so much.

So, the answer is you and the rest know you're full of shit re the consequences of allowing any idiot access to such gear. thanks for the verification, even when it hurt your wittle fewwings to admit it.

So, the answer is you and the rest know you're full of shit re the consequences of allowing any idiot access to such gear. thanks for the verification, even when it hurt your wittle fewwings to admit it.
So, your reaction is more hyperbole- good job.

Same goes for guns

The government may have the power to criminalize firearms, but they still lack the de jure authority.

They have had that authority for a hundred years

If you disagree, our court system is available to you

If I need a weapon, I will buy it or build it. All your statement proves is that the government sometimes has the POWER to infringe upon a Right; they lack the AUTHORITY to enforce unconstitutional laws which is ONE reason why the Second Amendment exists.
I don’t think you understand what AUTHORITY means

It means whatever he says it means at the moment, subject to change with every thread, depending on what he wants to peddle.

What’s a door buster gun?

A pump action shotgun....an actual military weapon vs. the AR-15 which is not a military weapon.

Yes, the military and law enforcement use them, but there are millions of civilian pump action shotguns.

High capacity mags for shotguns began turning up in the late 70's rotary mag and the like had a brief popularity, but ultimately just proved to be a waste of ammo and training. They're making a comeback these days with the hardware fetishists and closet fags who get woodies playing with 'exotic' firearms, it makes them feel speshul and manly to run around toting these things around. we were issued several of them back in the 80's for a couple of months, South African SAWs with 30 round rotary drums. Yeah they busted doors down, but in the long run it wasn't worth the logistic hassle of keeping them supplied and maintained in the field when there were other weapons already in use that served the same purpose adequately. Don't know if the modern military has many of them any more, maybe a few security details might have a few on lockers somewhere.

I would apply Scalia's "common use" standard from Heller. I don't know or care what a "doorbuster is", maybe it's a KC Chiefs defensive lineman. But bolt action, pump action, and semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns have been in common use for over 100 years in this country. The right to own them is not to be infringed. So forget about it.

Those are about useless anyway so who cares. You can buy one of legal length that makes a kickass home defense weapon if that's your preference.
Refers to your common use claim not effectiveness

Actually they're the only choice if your house has narrow halls and doorways. I think they're legal in most states as long as they remain inside your house; I don't know for sure and don't care.

The primary appeal was emotive couched in a sarcastic delivery.

Maybe....Or maybe he meant it. After all, these days facts no longer matter it's whatever one perceives. I perceive RW as using and promoting dead kids to support a political anti-gun POV. I couldn't care less whether he was being "sarcastic" and/or "emotive."
Look

It your gun, you can shoot whatever the fuk you want.......six year olds, people praying in church or waskally wabbits
So true... Freedom is great!!! In fact... I used mine just today, to rape, and kill as many people as I wanted. It was awesome!

Exactly what I have been saying

If you want to buy the best available assault rifle or sniper rifle to slaughter young children, it is your own business

No RW......It is your business UNTIL you commit a crime. Apparently you lust for slaughtered children that is all you are posting on this subject.

Exactly
There is no crime in buying the weapon of your choice before you go out to slaughter children or church goers

God Bless our second amendment rights

Children should be allowed to carry hand grenades to school, too. It's not the government's business if 6 year olds want to play with explosives.
But it is the parents...

We need to make plutonium and Sarin gas available to any military hobbyist as well; after all there is nothing in the Constitution that says my neighbor Goober Gump, who wears a foil hat and a raincoat 365 days a year, shouldn't be allowed to play with that stuff in his garage and stuff.
One day you will add something meaningful to a discussion.
Today is not that day.
Don't see any great brilliance from the right wing nutjobs here, just the usual idiotic premises based on too much drinking and mental retardation.
We note your inability to provide rational, reasoned responses to our posts.
Given your petulant tirade, above - what's that make you?
Retarded idiotic premises
What premise is that?

You pretending this thread is something adults need to take seriously? Sorry, gave up binge drinking after my first semester in college. Only weirdos think everything should be legal for civilians to own, just because they haven't been arrested for something yet. My scenario in fact is a very good one compared to the weirdo alternatives.

Right there in red......The Democrat-Leftist Marxist credo. "You are all criminals until we say you're not." We just saw this in the fake Democrat-Leftist Marxist impeachment. Guilty until proven innocent.

They shouldn't ban anything, though; if the average Frenchman could have owned, say, B-52 's, Napoleon would have won at Waterloo, you know. What's wrong with your next door neighbor having a B-52 in his yard? Sure, it would annoy us commies, and like, really really noisy when they take it out for a weekend spin and use your street for a runway and stuff, but but FREEDUM!!!!

N stuff.

Right there in red......The Democrat-Leftist Marxist credo. "You are all criminals until we say you're not." We just saw this in the fake Democrat-Leftist Marxist impeachment. Guilty until proven innocent.

lol yeah it's real commie stuff, not buying into your ridiculous logic. The fact is,, all you 'freedum fighters' aren't going to ever do shit but hide under your beds.

lol yeah it's real commie stuff, not buying into your ridiculous logic. The fact is,, all you 'freedum fighters' aren't going to ever do shit but hide under your beds.

Thanks for proving me correct that you believe in guilty until proven innocent.

Thanks for proving me correct that you believe in guilty until proven innocent.

Yeah, that;'s it ... lol and you wonder why the Right can't win elections and barely squeaks by Democrat loons a few percentage points in national elections. It's a Big Mystery n Stuff to you. You're as looney as they are.

Yeah, that;'s it ... lol and you wonder why the Right can't win elections and barely squeaks by Democrat loons a few percentage points in national elections. It's a Big Mystery n Stuff to you. You're as looney as they are.

Off topic, feeble attempt at a retort. ^^^^^^^

Forum List

Back