🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Should Americans be allowed to own military sniper rifles and military door buster guns?

If some people believe that Americans shouldn't be allowed to own "military style" rifles....what about actual military sniper rifles? How about military guns used to blow doors off their hinges? These are weapons used in actual war by the military.....should they be banned since they are actual military weapons vs. "military style," weapons?

And do you understand that under the Miller ruling....from the Supreme Court....actual military weapons are protected under the 2nd Amendment?
Absolutely.
And tanks in our garages.
I’m going over to the Middle East to battle hand in hand.
Will you get out of your bathchair and join me??

If some people believe that Americans shouldn't be allowed to own "military style" rifles....what about actual military sniper rifles? How about military guns used to blow doors off their hinges? These are weapons used in actual war by the military.....should they be banned since they are actual military weapons vs. "military style," weapons?

And do you understand that under the Miller ruling....from the Supreme Court....actual military weapons are protected under the 2nd Amendment?

Dont tell the libs 50 cals are out there ...probably more than a quarter million in civilian hands ...I lost all mY guns in a tragic boating incident
Extra weight of the guns??never can tell when you will be forced to battle.
Ps try to look up the def of liberal.
Latin liber, free
For the individual and small gov.
Hope that his helps

I can own a bazooka as long as I register it and pay the taxes on it. Is it wise for me to own a bazooka? That's a different question. IMO it is the same as being able to buy a car that can go over 200 MPH. Do you "need" a car that goes that fast? No. Can you legally own a car that goes that fast? Yes.
A state can decide which cars are street legal. Many high performance cars are not

Same goes for guns

The government may have the power to criminalize firearms, but they still lack the de jure authority.

They have had that authority for a hundred years

If you disagree, our court system is available to you

If I need a weapon, I will buy it or build it. All your statement proves is that the government sometimes has the POWER to infringe upon a Right; they lack the AUTHORITY to enforce unconstitutional laws which is ONE reason why the Second Amendment exists.

Why anyone would need a military grade sniper rifle
There is your confusion/problem- needs are; air, water, food, shelter, clothing- the last 2 are optional based on climate- EVERYTHING else is a want/desire and NO ONE has the right, nor the authority nor are they entitled to determine what another wants. Period.

I can own a bazooka as long as I register it and pay the taxes on it. Is it wise for me to own a bazooka? That's a different question. IMO it is the same as being able to buy a car that can go over 200 MPH. Do you "need" a car that goes that fast? No. Can you legally own a car that goes that fast? Yes.
A state can decide which cars are street legal. Many high performance cars are not

Same goes for guns
The OP question began "Should Americans be allowed to own...". A state's authority to ban certain cars and certain guns is not relevant to that question. I personally don't understand why Americans want to own ultra fast cars and ultra powerful guns but this is America. Own what you want but you are responsible.

Not really. Goober Gump's net worth, including his underwear and half a tube of Vaseline gel, is $24.45. He's drunk as usual on Saturday morning, after his 10 breakfast beers, and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage he bought through an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics. He didn't do it on purpose, he's a good ole boy and all that.

You think Good ole Goober's estate will cover the damage and revive the victims?

Not really. Goober Gump's net worth, including his underwear and half a tube of Vaseline gel, is $24.45. He's drunk as usual on Saturday morning, after his 10 breakfast beers, and accidentally sets off his military surplus 20kton warhead in his garage he bought through an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics. He didn't do it on purpose, he's a good ole boy and all that.

You think Good ole Goober's estate will cover the damage and revive the victims?
Hyperbole and imaginary boogie men work only for gov't rhetoric- on message boards, not so much.

When I was on a team we used a bolt action M21 with a floating barrel as a sniper rifle....and a shotgun for door opening.
Many hunting rifles are better than the M21.
We used #9 birdshot on door hinges for opening.

Civilian loads are much more lethal.

Full-auto is what makes it military grade.
They don't sell those in the gun stores.

We need to make plutonium and Sarin gas available to any military hobbyist as well; after all there is nothing in the Constitution that says my neighbor Goober Gump, who wears a foil hat and a raincoat 365 days a year, shouldn't be allowed to play with that stuff in his garage and stuff.
One day you will add something meaningful to a discussion.
Today is not that day.
Don't see any great brilliance from the right wing nutjobs here, just the usual idiotic premises based on too much drinking and mental retardation.
We note your inability to provide rational, reasoned responses to our posts.
Given your petulant tirade, above - what's that make you?

Exactly what I have been saying

If you want to buy the best available assault rifle or sniper rifle to slaughter young children, it is your own business

No RW......It is your business UNTIL you commit a crime. Apparently you lust for slaughtered children that is all you are posting on this subject.

Exactly
There is no crime in buying the weapon of your choice before you go out to slaughter children or church goers

God Bless our second amendment rights

Children should be allowed to carry hand grenades to school, too. It's not the government's business if 6 year olds want to play with explosives.
Thank you for again demonstrating today is NOT the day you will add something meaningful to a conversation.

Yes. There's no good reason for a civilian to own a gun if he isn't a soldier or a cop.
Great thing about the Constitution, we don't have to have a good reason to exercise our rights.

I would apply Scalia's "common use" standard from Heller. I don't know or care what a "doorbuster is", maybe it's a KC Chiefs defensive lineman. But bolt action, pump action, and semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns have been in common use for over 100 years in this country. The right to own them is not to be infringed. So forget about it.

Same goes for guns

The government may have the power to criminalize firearms, but they still lack the de jure authority.

They have had that authority for a hundred years

If you disagree, our court system is available to you

If I need a weapon, I will buy it or build it. All your statement proves is that the government sometimes has the POWER to infringe upon a Right; they lack the AUTHORITY to enforce unconstitutional laws which is ONE reason why the Second Amendment exists.
I don’t think you understand what AUTHORITY means

I would apply Scalia's "common use" standard from Heller. I don't know or care what a "doorbuster is", maybe it's a KC Chiefs defensive lineman. But bolt action, pump action, and semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns have been in common use for over 100 years in this country. The right to own them is not to be infringed. So forget about it.
Many states ban sawed off shotguns

Many states ban sawed off shotguns

Those are about useless anyway so who cares. You can buy one of legal length that makes a kickass home defense weapon if that's your preference.

Last edited:
What’s a door buster gun?

A pump action shotgun....an actual military weapon vs. the AR-15 which is not a military weapon.

Yes, the military and law enforcement use them, but there are millions of civilian pump action shotguns.

Yep........my point is that if people with pump action shotguns and deer rifles think anti-gun extremists are going to say..."Okay, you can keep those 2 guns..." they don't understand the anti-gun movement......

Same goes for guns
The OP question began "Should Americans be allowed to own...". A state's authority to ban certain cars and certain guns is not relevant to that question. I personally don't understand why Americans want to own ultra fast cars and ultra powerful guns but this is America. Own what you want but you are responsible.

Do you always think in cartoon?

Forum List

Back