🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
YOU say there is no scripture, but anti miscegenationists did. They used the bible just like you do, but with a different target. YOU think you're right and they thought they were right.

Find it then! You can't! it's not there. There is NO Scripture that says homosexuality is OK.

The scripture against interracial marriage has been posted.

Huge difference between interracial and homosexual. Or didn't you know that?

I don't care what the SCOTUS says. SCOTUS is irrelevant to my Christian Faith. Non-argument.

Biological mating, is in fact the primary purpose of marriage. The result of that is procreation. Adoption is not.

And your errant, subjective opinion is irrelevant to Constitutional case law.

Same-sex couples have in fact a right to enter into marriage contracts, which in no way 'interferes' with your religious beliefs.

That's fine. I'll ignore it. They are not married, no matter what the Constitution, the judges, the paper says. I won't treat them as married, because they are not. If they don't like that, they can go to a different business, church, or whatever.

If they wish to go to some other crazy church that thinks homos can be married, that's fine with me. Now if they need their roof fixed, and I run a roofing company, that's fine.

But if I bake wedding cakes, and they want a cake for their homo wedding, nope. Sorry, that violates my religion, and I won't do it. Period.

Nor will I rent a single room to a homo couple, or an unmarried hetro couple. My business, is my property, and I will run it according to my convictions.

As it should be.

Find it then! You can't! it's not there. There is NO Scripture that says homosexuality is OK.

Proving only that you don't understand the Bible as much as you claim.

Why is their interpretation of the bible my fault exactly? I'm not the one that believed the scripture I mentioned had anything to do with interracial relations, anti miscegenationists did. They were just as sure they were right as you believe you are.

There's no difference in the discrimination experienced. There's a difference in public opinion though. Gays marrying is MUCH more popular now than races intermarrying was then.

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

I don't care what the SCOTUS says. SCOTUS is irrelevant to my Christian Faith. Non-argument.

Biological mating, is in fact the primary purpose of marriage. The result of that is procreation. Adoption is not.

Same-sex couples have in fact a right to enter into marriage contracts, which in no way 'interferes' with your religious beliefs.

That's fine. I'll ignore it. They are not married, no matter what the Constitution, the judges, the paper says. I won't treat them as married, because they are not. If they don't like that, they can go to a different business, church, or whatever.

If they wish to go to some other crazy church that thinks homos can be married, that's fine with me. Now if they need their roof fixed, and I run a roofing company, that's fine.

But if I bake wedding cakes, and they want a cake for their homo wedding, nope. Sorry, that violates my religion, and I won't do it. Period.

Nor will I rent a single room to a homo couple, or an unmarried hetro couple. My business, is my property, and I will run it according to my convictions.

You should be sure not to open your business in a locality that doesn't include "the gheys" in their public accommodation laws then.

There's no difference in the discrimination experienced. There's a difference in public opinion though. Gays marrying is MUCH more popular now than races intermarrying was then.

irrelevant data! There is no Scripture stating that homosexuality is OK. I can quote plenty that says it isn't, so why can't you find just one verse that says it's ok for a man to have sex with another man. Go ahead, we'll wait, until hell freezes over, cause you won't find one.

You should be sure not to open your business in a locality that doesn't include "the gheys" in their public accommodation laws then.

It's safe to say "there will be no room at the inn for you wytch"

Oh, what a bad pun :dig: bury that one. :lol:

irrelevant data! There is no Scripture stating that homosexuality is OK. I can quote plenty that says it isn't, so why can't you find just one verse that says it's ok for a man to have sex with another man. Go ahead, we'll wait, until hell freezes over, cause you won't find one.

There is no scripture that says interracial relationships are "okay". It can be argued that there are no passages in the bible that refer to loving, consensual same sex relationships AT ALL.

It can also be argued that there are "pro gay" passages. Here's number one.

"For God so loved the World that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life"

But there's more:

Matthew 5:22, Matthew 8:5-13/Luke 7:1-10
Ruth, I and II Samuel, The Song of Songs,
Daniel 1, Isaiah 56, Acts 8

It's safe to say "there will be no room at the inn for you wytch"

Oh, what a bad pun :dig: bury that one. :lol:

Again, you might want to check your local laws before making such a blanket statement.

Unlike the "virgin" Mary, I don't have to make up stories about my pregnancy...

I'll bet you peek in the windows at night to make sure they're not homo's, right? Do you start rubbing yourself?

zboqMgt.jpg

The First Amendment forbids public law from forcing anything on religious institutions, just as it forbids religious institutions from imposing their will on the public.

So churches should have the right to discriminate against homosexuals?

How about against racial minorities as well?

What do the two have to do with one another? One is a deviant sexual behavior practitioner. The other was born of a race of people.

The First Amendment forbids public law from forcing anything on religious institutions, just as it forbids religious institutions from imposing their will on the public.

What do the two have to do with one another? One is a deviant sexual behavior practitioner. The other was born of a race of people.

"deviant sexual behavior practitioner"

You are the sole reason I fight for the rights of all people, gay people included.
You are a damn hypocrit.
Tens of millions of heterosexuals practice deviant sexual behavior every day and you are no where to be found opposing their right to marry.

Because you hate and despise gay people and do not have the guts to admit it.

There is no scripture that says interracial relationships are "okay". It can be argued that there are no passages in the bible that refer to loving, consensual same sex relationships AT ALL.

"For God so loved the World that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life"

But there's more:

John 3:16 is relevant to everyone, all sinners, murderers, thieves, rapists, adulterers, liars and homosexuals along with everyone else who sins, which is everyone.

It does NOT condone homosexuality, just as it does not condone adultery, murder or anything else you can think of.

But there's more:

John 3:16 is relevant to everyone, all sinners, murderers, thieves, rapists, adulterers, liars and homosexuals along with everyone else who sins, which is everyone.

It does NOT condone homosexuality, just as it does not condone adultery, murder or anything else you can think of.

If a woman is attracted out of LOVE to another woman no damn way Jesus would fight or oppose that.
Same with 2 guys.
No way.

You are the sole reason I fight for the rights of all people, gay people included.
You are a damn hypocrit.
Tens of millions of heterosexuals practice deviant sexual behavior every day and you are no where to be found opposing their right to marry.

I think 'deviant sexual behavior practitioner' sums it up pretty well. I have no problem telling a heterosexual that goes out looking for a different partner every night that they are a 'deviant sexual behavior practitioner' as well. As is anyone who commits adultery, has anal sex, and even oral sex, hetero or homosexual matters little to me, they are all 'deviant sexual behavior practitioners.'

As far as their right to marry goes, my belief is that they are the ones driving the divorce numbers. Problem is you can't ask someone if they are a 'deviant sexual behavior practitioner' before issuing a marriage license. However, most preachers, ministers, and pastors will not marry anyone of any sex before having a nice sit down with those people. Now a days, that includes many that have to have a class before getting married, instructed by the religious leader. That class can make a difference of around 60 dollars in the marriage license.

But there's more:

If a woman is attracted out of LOVE to another woman no damn way Jesus would fight or oppose that.
Same with 2 guys.
No way.

If those 2 women you talk about lived together and had no physical relationship, I would agree with you. Same with the 2 men. If you add a physical relationship, it becomes a sin, and Jesus has always opposed that.

If person "A" doesn't believe gays should be married in a church that doesn't want to perform a gay marriage, what does that say about any alleged vehemence that person "A" might have in their "support for gay marriage"?

85% is a large number muchacho. Spin away. :D

Were you actually trying to make a POINT with that rambling babble, Silly?

Uh, yeah. Too bad you're the only one who missed it.. :cuckoo:

No, I didn't...but you certainly did! Once more for the slow kid: someone in favor of gay marriage does not equate to someone in favor of forcing churches to marry gays! Keep rereading that until it sinks in!

You are a damn hypocrit.

I think 'deviant sexual behavior practitioner' sums it up pretty well. I have no problem telling a heterosexual that goes out looking for a different partner every night that they are a 'deviant sexual behavior practitioner' as well. As is anyone who commits adultery, has anal sex, and even oral sex, hetero or homosexual matters little to me, they are all 'deviant sexual behavior practitioners.'

Dude...you need to get out more! I get it: you are horrified by the thought that someone, somewhere, somehow, might be having fun!

As far as their right to marry goes, my belief is that they are the ones driving the divorce numbers. Problem is you can't ask someone if they are a 'deviant sexual behavior practitioner' before issuing a marriage license. However, most preachers, ministers, and pastors will not marry anyone of any sex before having a nice sit down with those people. Now a days, that includes many that have to have a class before getting married, instructed by the religious leader. That class can make a difference of around 60 dollars in the marriage license.

None of that is required...my wife and I didn't have to sit through any classes or lectures, just filled out some paperwork. (We were married by a judge.)

Were you actually trying to make a POINT with that rambling babble, Silly?

Uh, yeah. Too bad you're the only one who missed it.. :cuckoo:

No, I didn't...but you certainly did! Once more for the slow kid: someone in favor of gay marriage does not equate to someone in favor of forcing churches to marry gays! Keep rereading that until it sinks in!

If you are for legal gay marriage...why would you oppose having any church performing it?

Look at the turnout Jake...impressive...

But there's more:

Guess what, I checked my bible and it doesn't say that you are the final authority on interpretation.

How interesting that you completely ignore all the points I have made in regards to your religious text and interracial marriage and focus, again, on YOUR interpretation. The anti miscegenationists used the same bible you are using to justify their bigotry. I think you're BOTH wrong in your interpretations.

Being gay is nothing like committing adultery, murder or "anything else you can think of", except heterosexuality.

Forum List

Back