🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
You're just reiterating my point. YOU think they are wrong, but they KNEW they were right.

And there are people who think you take the bible out of context when you use that passage, unrelated to consenting adults who love each other, and apply it to today's gays and lesbians.

I would be taking the Bible out of context only when you can provide a passage of scripture that specifically condones the act as acceptible to today's gays and lesbians - book, chapter, and verse specifically.

So only you are entitled to interpret the bible? Some people read the bible and say interracial marriage is wrong. Some people read the bible and think gay marriage is wrong. I believe both interpretations are wrong, you only one.

Thats because you are a fool.

Corinthians 6: 9-10

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

If you support Gay Marriage, you aren't a Christian.

I would be taking the Bible out of context only when you can provide a passage of scripture that specifically condones the act as acceptible to today's gays and lesbians - book, chapter, and verse specifically.

So only you are entitled to interpret the bible? Some people read the bible and say interracial marriage is wrong. Some people read the bible and think gay marriage is wrong. I believe both interpretations are wrong, you only one.

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

People said the same thing about interracial marriage.

OH!!! WHAT SCRIPTURE VERSE DO YOU HAVE FOR THAT BIG lie????

U and A sound as silly as a son of mine did when he was a fourteen year old and decided not to go to church anymore.

I told him that was his choice but he had to certain chores to do that had to be finished by noon each Sunday.

He said 'no'.

I forfeited his allowance.

He said 'no.'

I took 10% of his saving as a fine and divided it in the savings of his siblings.

He finally said 'yes'.

A and U can do what they want, but there always consequences for such nonsense.

Yes or no, Jake. Would you turn in someone to an SS like group to protect your own rear? You have never answered the question, you have sidestepped it brilliantly, you would make a great politician, but you have yet to answer the question. :D

Your question is immaterial, but, yes, you would turn in anybody to the SS to save your rear.

:lol: Did you ensure your kids went to church? Despite their desire to do otherwise? Moron.

Sigh. Paul is only a man, whose advice is to be considered carefully but is not binding. Period.

Sigh. Paul is only a man, whose advice is to be considered carefully but is not binding. Period.

Right, no one is forced to live by the 10 commandments or the Bible. But it is a fact that our body of law is based on judeo/christian concepts of right and wrong.

race and sexual orientation are not analogous as wytch keeps claiming. A collie can mate with a spaniel and produce offspring, but two male collies cannot produce offspring---biology 101

Right, no one is forced to live by the 10 commandments or the Bible. But it is a fact that our body of law is based on judeo/christian concepts of right and wrong. race and sexual orientation are not analogous as wytch keeps claiming. A collie can mate with a spaniel and produce offspring, but two male collies cannot produce offspring---biology 101

SCOTUS says you are wrong, Redfish, and procreation is not the defining reason for marriage. And parents can adopt. End of your argument.

Please, step along until you have something worthwhile.

Right, no one is forced to live by the 10 commandments or the Bible. But it is a fact that our body of law is based on judeo/christian concepts of right and wrong.

race and sexual orientation are not analogous as wytch keeps claiming. A collie can mate with a spaniel and produce offspring, but two male collies cannot produce offspring---biology 101

Concepts of right and wrong are not specific to just the Jewish and Christian religion. Most all religions, cultures and societies have known and practiced and taught what is right and wrong for a very long time.

OH!!! WHAT SCRIPTURE VERSE DO YOU HAVE FOR THAT BIG lie????

You'd like the scripture used by the anti miscegenationists? Sure...

Genesis 28:1: "And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan."

Leviticus 19:19: "Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind ..."

Deuteronomy 7:2-3: "And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

Deuteronomy 22: 9: "Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled."

Deuteronomy 23 :2: "A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD."

Jeremiah 13:23: "Can an Ethiopian change the color of his skin? Can a leopard take away its spots? Neither can you start doing good, for you have always done evil."

Now, let me remind you that it doesn't matter what YOU interpret those passages to mean, anti-miscegenationists believed them to support their position.

Last edited:

Right, no one is forced to live by the 10 commandments or the Bible. But it is a fact that our body of law is based on judeo/christian concepts of right and wrong. race and sexual orientation are not analogous as wytch keeps claiming. A collie can mate with a spaniel and produce offspring, but two male collies cannot produce offspring---biology 101

SCOTUS says you are wrong, Redfish, and procreation is not the defining reason for marriage. And parents can adopt. End of your argument.

Indeed. Here's what a Federal judge had to say about it recently:

"These arguments are not those of serious people," wrote Senior U.S. District Court Judge John G. Heyburn II.

"Even assuming the state has a legitimate interest in promoting procreation," Heyburn wrote in a 19-page opinion, its lawyers never explained how the exclusion of same-sex couples from marriage has "any effect whatsoever on procreation among heterosexual spouses.''​

And AGAIN. The OP is a STRAWMAN. No one EVER suggested churches would be forced to marry anyone they don't want to. It's a strawman argument to get you wannabe victim/martyrs to become OUTRAGED .... over nothing at all.

And yet some people voted in favor of it in the poll. So apparently it's not exactly a strawman. And I'm not "OUTRAGED" at all. I am simply telling you straight up my position, and what I'm going to do. That's what people do on forums. Don't like that? I don't care. Have a nice day. :)

Yes, it's a straw man, a fabricated problem that does not exist so people can whine about what is really bothering them: they cannot make others live they want.

Tough to be you.

Well, that's your opinion. I don't believe it's fabricated. Between the two of us, which one is acting according to his beliefs?

If you really believe this is a fabricated problem.... um.... why are you here? When I see threads on topics I don't believe are real problems... I ignore them.

The fact a judge ordered a practicing Christian in Colorado to violate his Christian faith, suggests to me this is a real issue. If you believe otherwise, fine... are you just wasting forum space debating a non-existent issue for no reason?

And AGAIN. The OP is a STRAWMAN. No one EVER suggested churches would be forced to marry anyone they don't want to. It's a strawman argument to get you wannabe victim/martyrs to become OUTRAGED .... over nothing at all.

And yet some people voted in favor of it in the poll. So apparently it's not exactly a strawman. And I'm not "OUTRAGED" at all.

I am simply telling you straight up my position, and what I'm going to do. That's what people do on forums.

Don't like that? I don't care. Have a nice day. :)

Well you know, some idiots would support .... kicking out Muslims. But in the adult world you sort of have to use a SHIT DETECTOR (coined by Earnest Hemmingway I believe) to separate things that might really affect you and made up lunacy aimed at your EMOTIONS.

That's nifty, but I'll respond to whatever topic on this forum I feel like.

I do find it ironic that you are responding to the same thread that you are suggesting I not respond to.

So everyone else should not respond to things that you clearly are responding to.

I'm not having an emotional response. I'm not mad at anyone here. My disagreeing with you, does not mean I'm angry.

Again, if you truly believe this is just a 'sh!t detector' thread... why are you here?

I don't care what the SCOTUS says. SCOTUS is irrelevant to my Christian Faith. Non-argument.

Biological mating, is in fact the primary purpose of marriage. The result of that is procreation. Adoption is not.

Oh, bullshit. the stuff we think should be illegal today are the same things the Romans thought should be illegal. The Bible is full of horrible, barbaric laws and you guys point to "Thou Shall Not Murder" and say, "See, see, our whole legal system is based on what the Bible Says!"

Again, works on the assumption marriage is only about procreation. You can have procreation without marriage (35% of us do) and you can have marriage without procreation. (Infertile, elderly couples, and people who just plain don't want to have kids.)

And yet some people voted in favor of it in the poll. So apparently it's not exactly a strawman. And I'm not "OUTRAGED" at all. I am simply telling you straight up my position, and what I'm going to do. That's what people do on forums. Don't like that? I don't care. Have a nice day. :)

Yes, it's a straw man, a fabricated problem that does not exist so people can whine about what is really bothering them: they cannot make others live they want.

Tough to be you.

Well, that's your opinion. I don't believe it's fabricated. Between the two of us, which one is acting according to his beliefs?

If you really believe this is a fabricated problem.... um.... why are you here? When I see threads on topics I don't believe are real problems... I ignore them.

The fact a judge ordered a practicing Christian in Colorado to violate his Christian faith, suggests to me this is a real issue. If you believe otherwise, fine... are you just wasting forum space debating a non-existent issue for no reason?

This is not a 'fact,' the administrative law judge did no such thing.

The ruling in no way restricted religious liberty, as to provide services to a gay patron violates no tenet of Christian doctrine or dogma. That you and others hostile to gay Americans perceive it as such is as a fact of Constitutional law wrong.

The store owner must accommodate all patrons in accordance with Commerce Clause jurisprudence, as his business serves the general public.

You're entitled to express your subjective, errant opinion, but don't attempt to pass it off as 'fact.'

They are.
After 35 years of working over 6000 litigation cases the general public gets away with far more lawlessness than the politicians do.
Called reasonable doubt in a criminal case and preponderance of the evidence in a civil case yet bad thing is the politicians have it figured out better than the general public.
At taxpayer expense.
Our leaders are not exempt from all laws. That claim is absurd.

Clinton was caught witness tampering, bribing, obstructing justice, lying under oath, selling weapons technology to China for a donation, and Al Gore was recorded on the phone, calling businesses and private citizens, soliciting donations from inside the office of the vice president.

Absolutely nothing..... NOTHING.... was done to either of them. And by the way, that's just the short short short list of the laws Clinton broke, not including the laws Hilliary broke then, and since.

You need a district attorney or US attorney to get a grand jury to indict folks my man.
Called the judicial process.
First you need solid evidence.
Please specifically show me who caught them and where the evidence is.
I am no fan of Clinton as personally I can not stand the bastard but something about the rules of evidence always applies.

You kidding right? Our current AG used US taxpayer funds to arm mexican drug and human traffickers with machine guns. Well documented fact. Did it on purpose. You do that and you go to jail. He gets away with it because he's above the law.

Our president killed American citizens with drone attacks, on purpose. Well documented. You do that and you go to jail. He gets away with it because he's above the law. No trial. No judge. No jury.

Our IRS is deleting subpoena'd emails. A private company does that and people go to jail. The IRS does it, well documented, and people are laughing. The IRS gets away with it because it is above the law.

Illegal immigrants are walking into the US, and our president is claiming our borders are secure. You walk into Mexico and you will go to jail in Mexico. Illegal immigrants are getting away with it because we are a lawless country where certain people, that are friends of the democrat party, have been designated as above the law. Our government is handing out EBT cards to illegals to go shopping at walmart.

Clinton pardoned convicted drug traffickers that were his friends. Again, they got away with it because we are country where the law is now lawless.

Hundreds of Billions of American tax payer dollars routed to "friends" of the Obama's. You do that and you go to jail. He does that and we get, whoops to bad that didn't work. Look at the evil rich moving stuff to china. Again, this administration is above the law. It's a farce.

Last edited:

Tough to be you.

You have trouble talking straightly. Yes, churches being forced to marry folks they don't want to marry is a fabricated problem. There is no issue. I am debating a non-existent issue because you are falsely trying to make it one, and right thinking people here will not let you get away with it.

I don't care what the SCOTUS says. SCOTUS is irrelevant to my Christian Faith. Non-argument. Biological mating, is in fact the primary purpose of marriage. The result of that is procreation. Adoption is not.

Courts discuss agree you, so move along. Your answer is wrong.

Tough to be you.

This is not a 'fact,' the administrative law judge did no such thing.

The ruling in no way restricted religious liberty, as to provide services to a gay patron violates no tenet of Christian doctrine or dogma. That you and others hostile to gay Americans perceive it as such is as a fact of Constitutional law wrong.

The store owner must accommodate all patrons in accordance with Commerce Clause jurisprudence, as his business serves the general public.

You're entitled to express your subjective, errant opinion, but don't attempt to pass it off as 'fact.'

Well see....the thing is the Hobby Lobby case just set that on its edge. And now SCOTUS is ordering lower court rulings to be revisited where appeals were vacated. You may have heard that closely held businesses can refuse to participate in activities or lifestyles that violate their core religious faith.

It is not going to be limited to birth control. Jude 1 of the New Testament says that any christian who participates in the promotion or enabling of the homosexual cult/lifestyle will go to hell for eternity with them. It is not a muddy or vague commandment. It is specific and implicity clear. It even gives Sodom as an example and says that any other community, city or nation that does the same is going to meet the same fate as Sodom.

Forum List

Back