Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
So churches should have the right to discriminate against homosexuals?

How about against racial minorities as well?

Homosexuals are not a race, please stop attempting to compare the two

Nobody is. The discrimination is compared and comparable.

Churches CAN discriminate based on race if they want to. Societal pressure means most don't want to now.

Same will happen with gays.

Sorry but one is born into race, to date it's never been proven anyone is born homosexual. There is no comparison

Discrimination is discrimination.

No one is born 'a Christian' but it is still discrimination if someone refuses to hire someone because that person is a Christian.

How did we get from homosexuals in churches to hiring homosexuals? Please stay on point

He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

You drove off the road when you started complaining about mentioning discrimination because of sexual orientation and discrimination because of race.

The issue of this thread is whether churches will be forced to marry homosexuals- if you want to keep the thread on that track- well the way to do so would be to post about that subject.

Homosexuals are not a race, please stop attempting to compare the two

Churches CAN discriminate based on race if they want to. Societal pressure means most don't want to now.

Sorry but one is born into race, to date it's never been proven anyone is born homosexual. There is no comparison

No one is born 'a Christian' but it is still discrimination if someone refuses to hire someone because that person is a Christian.

How did we get from homosexuals in churches to hiring homosexuals? Please stay on point

You drove off the road when you started complaining about mentioning discrimination because of sexual orientation and discrimination because of race.

The issue of this thread is whether churches will be forced to marry homosexuals- if you want to keep the thread on that track- well the way to do so would be to post about that subject.

I never posted about discrimination. You're not very good at this sort of thing are you?

I never posted about discrimination. You're not very good at this sort of thing are you?

Again, one is born that way, the other not so much. It's my belief homosexuality is a choice. I have no use for a left loon "quiz" on the differences between a choice and something one is born into

I was born gay and you certainly can't prove otherwise.

Of course you have no use for something that proves my point exactly and destroys yours.

Again, one is born that way, the other not so much. It's my belief homosexuality is a choice. I have no use for a left loon "quiz" on the differences between a choice and something one is born into

Of course you have no use for something that proves my point exactly and destroys yours.

The flip side is you can't prove you were born gay. Why oh why has science failed you?

The flip side is you can't prove you were born gay. Why oh why has science failed you?

To be fair, the science concerning if you are born gay or not isn't conclusive at the moment. It may very well never be known one way or the other. It is why I avoid using absolutes that people are born gay or that being gay is a simply choice. There isn't enough scientific evidence one or the way to make such statements.

Ah, but the scientific community is unified in the belief that orientation is not chosen. The scientific consensus is that gays ARE "born that way".

I know I did not choose. Who are you to refute that?

The discrimination is the same. We know you can't refute that.

How Arguments Against Gay Marriage Mirror Those Against Miscegenation - The Wire

Ah, but the scientific community is unified in the belief that orientation is not chosen. The scientific consensus is that gays ARE "born that way".

How Arguments Against Gay Marriage Mirror Those Against Miscegenation - The Wire

Well when you can scientifically prove you were born a homosexual perhaps your argument will be valid but since you can't, it isn't

To be fair, the science concerning if you are born gay or not isn't conclusive at the moment. It may very well never be known one way or the other. It is why I avoid using absolutes that people are born gay or that being gay is a simply choice. There isn't enough scientific evidence one or the way to make such statements.

Scientists disagree. While they may not have identified what makes people gay, the consensus is that it is not a choice.

Well when you can scientifically prove you were born a homosexual perhaps your argument will be valid but since you can't, it isn't

Why does it have to be proven? My argument doesn't hinge on gay being a choice, yours does. The discrimination is the same whether orientation is chosen or not.

I know I didn't choose. Did you? The only ones it really matters to are the bigots and they don't believe the science anyway.

Why does it have to be proven? My argument doesn't hinge on gay being a choice, yours does. The discrimination is the same whether orientation is chosen or not.

I know I didn't choose. Did you? The only ones it really matters to are the bigots and they don't believe the science anyway.

You don't choose to be normal, normal is normal. Your use of bigot and homophobic is childish and annoying, with that said good luck with your choice and have a great day

You don't choose to be normal, normal is normal. Your use of bigot and homophobic is childish and annoying, with that said good luck with your choice and have a great day

Normal is subjective. Red hair, green eyes and left handedness isn't "normal".

Unlike my sexuality, your bigotry is a choice.

You homosexuals let your choice of sexuality define you and control every aspect of your life...sad really but all part of the disease.

You homosexuals let your choice of sexuality define you and control every aspect of your life...sad really but all part of the disease.

We do? Describe that in an average persons day. What is your perception of what that looks like.

Do you know any gay people?

We do? Describe that in an average persons day. What is your perception of what that looks like.

I know a few but I tend to let them do whatever it is they do and live my own life. But I do run into homosexuals on boards and comment sections and it's always the same, if you don't agree with me you're a homophobic bigot, blah blah blah. Once it starts I know any type of civility is hopeless.

I know a few but I tend to let them do whatever it is they do and live my own life. But I do run into homosexuals on boards and comment sections and it's always the same, if you don't agree with me you're a homophobic bigot, blah blah blah. Once it starts I know any type of civility is hopeless.

Disagreeing and wishing to discriminate are not the same. If you want to deny gays and lesbians equal rights, you are a bigot.

You didn't answer the question. What does it look like in an average day when "you homosexuals" (gay is easier to type you know) "let your sexuality define and control you"? Describe a typical "homosexual day" won't you?

Disagreeing and wishing to discriminate are not the same. If you want to deny gays and lesbians equal rights, you are a bigot.

You didn't answer the question. What does it look like in an average day when "you homosexuals" (gay is easier to type you know) "let your sexuality define and control you"? Describe a typical "homosexual day" won't you?

Sorry, our children are home form school and need attention. Have a great day and relax a little, you seem a tad uptight

I could say the same thing about Catholics.

You Catholics let your choice of worship define you and control every aspect of your life...sad really, but all part of the disease.

But since I want to keep this thread on track- Catholics have every right to discriminate against homosexuals and women in their religion and church.

Forum List

Back