Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

Should places or worship be forced to accommodate for gay weddings?

NO.
Why should the rights of one section of the community be forced upon the other, ignoring their rights?
The same goes in reverse, the church, whilst being able to remain free to live by the rules of their bible, should not force its opinions on sections of society that don't wish to follow those rules.
The same applies to all other religious groups.

This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

NO.
Why should the rights of one section of the community be forced upon the other, ignoring their rights?
The same goes in reverse, the church, whilst being able to remain free to live by the rules of their bible, should not force its opinions on sections of society that don't wish to follow those rules.

Generally true until churches go into public sector businesses; they lose the cover of the 1st Amendment and rightfully so.

NO.

Generally true until churches go into public sector businesses; they lose the cover of the 1st Amendment and rightfully so.

What do you think the punishment should be if a Christian pastor refuses to perform a queer fake marriage?

"We" are those of "us" who choose not to marry homos in our churches, cupcake.

Oh...those churches will be a minority soon enough.

The Federal Government has no grounds to impose their views on a religious institution that dictates the government's view over the individual freedom of expression of one's own religious conscience - as clearly stated under the First Amendment. Those who feel that government CAN impose it's will over an individual's religious conscience, quite honestly has no knowledge of the foundational basis nor its historical significance surrounding the amendment's intended purpose. In short they need a lesson in American history, backed up with historical views of those Founders that were actually present where the Amendment was being drafted.

NO.

Unfortunately your reasoning is not historically accurate when you consider the bible was a part of required reading in "public" schools during our nation's early founding (even well after the US Constitution was passed). If your interpretational view was accurate, no religious book (especially the bible) would ever have been a part of required educational teaching in American history.

NO.

Unfortunately your reasoning is not historically accurate when you consider the bible was a part of required reading in "public" schools during our nation's early founding (even well after the US Constitution was passed). If your interpretational view was accurate, no religious book (especially the bible) would ever have been a part of required educational teaching in American history.

Of course the Bible was required reading in the nation's early days. It would never have been different. Books were expensive. Few people owned a book almost no one could buy a book for use in a school. Everyone had a Bible.

What do you think the punishment should be if a Christian pastor refuses to perform a queer fake marriage?

I disagree with gay weddings but, with that in mind, why do you have to promote hatred of homosexuals, when I disagree with the idea but don't feel the need to hate anyone?

EVERYONE IN A "church" that is pro gay marrage=pro sexual perversion leave now!!! FIND A BIBLE BELIEVING,BIBLE TRUTH TEACHING CHURCH!!! and hurry!!!

I disagree with gay weddings but, with that in mind, why do you have to promote hatred of homosexuals, when I disagree with the idea but don't feel the need to hate anyone?

Perhaps Ben and a rapidly growing number of like minded people are tired of beimg manipulated by an organized gang of facist queers - who think they have the right to bulldoze over society and demand it be rebuilt it to suit their depraved desires.

Perhaps Ben and a rapidly growing number of like minded people are tired of beimg manipulated by an organized gang of facist queers - who think they have the right to bulldoze over society and demand it be rebuilt it to suit their depraved desires.

And then there are the religious fascists who want to forcibly bring morals to groups who don't agree with religious values.

Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Of course not. What a stupid question. Oh wait. I forgot this was a troll thread.

It's always the same with social right-wingers. They ask you to provide examples and then don't reply anymore.

It's always the same with social right-wingers. They ask you to provide examples and then don't reply anymore.

It would help if you quoted the "right-winger" you were talking about so the rest of us would know wtf you were talking about.

Sometimes I think my arguments are too harsh on gays. Maybe they should have equal rights. But just like the political parties they go and take things too far. They parade into a church wearing outlandish gear making me want to outlaw their entire lifestyle. Or put on some parade that totally disgusts me which also makes me want to outlaw their entire behavior.

If they would simply act like normal people I could cope. I don't care who fucks who as long as it isn't me.

I have the same problem with morons who wear their pants halfway off their asses.

Forum List

Back