Should Convicted Felons Be Allowed To Purchase Ammunition?...

Should Convicted Felons Be allowed To Purchase Ammunition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A complicated and interesting question posed to me the other day. What do you think?

The corollary, should the government be able to track who is buying ammunition?

I say no.

I hear ya, but they do background checks on Citizens purchasing firearms.

Which is not an argument to intrude further on the freedoms of the individual. If anything, that actually counts as an argument against background checks.

They can easily get one of the street
Strawman purchases etc
I know some felons could have went for something weak or accidental blah blah blah
But are they going to do background checks on ammo now?
Fuck that. Plus it costs 10 bucks
Very good Thread topic!
Completely torn

Yeah, i'm torn too. Felons buying ammo is a real problem. It goes on everyday all across the country. But background checks on purchasing ammo would cause a lot of pain & suffering for law abiding Citizens. The costs would be enormous, as well as being very inconvenient. It is a complicated issue.

The real issue is giving grabbers even an inch just emboldens them. We know they want to restrict most weapons to government use only, so why the hell should we trust them with even something like this?

A complicated and interesting question posed to me the other day. What do you think?

I don't think it's a yes or no answer. I think after you've done your time and proved yourself, you should be able to get a firearm, the question is, how long after you've done your time and I think that should depend on the crime. There comes a time when you've paid for your crime.

Felons should be allowed to have ammo and guns. Most people don't even know what a felony is and would be amazed at how minor a "crime" can be and you lost your constitutional right to own guns. You really think felons like martha stewart and pete rose should be denied a means of self defense.?

Why would they want to? They cannot legally possess a gun so what good is ammo?

Do you stay awake at night thinking up this stupid shit?

And, what the hell is "complicated" about it?

OTOH, this is the same bunch who want to arm terrorists, illegal aliens and the mentally ill.

The right to bear arms does not mean you bear no responsibility for either the arms or how they're used.

Why would they want to? They cannot legally possess a gun so what good is ammo?

Do you stay awake at night thinking up this stupid shit?

And, what the hell is "complicated" about it?

OTOH, this is the same bunch who want to arm terrorists, illegal aliens and the mentally ill.

The right to bear arms does not mean you bear no responsibility for either the arms or how they're used.

Our Government does fund and arm many brutal Terrorists all around the World. Been doing it for many many years. And it's not a partisan political issue. Both Parties do it. But this is more a question about American Citizens.

Forum List

Back