Should Detroit's municipal retirees lose their pensions?

Retirees that lose their pension benefits, depending on how much they lose,

may see in many cases their incomes fall to the point where they will become eligible for all sorts of state and federal income-based help,

such as Medicaid, food stamps, housing, heat/energy assistance, etc.

So the Detroit 'problem' will become a state and federal 'problem'.

50 years of Democrat policies & corruption will do that.

People will die because of bad management.

I hate to see anyone lose a retirement....hell, I'd like to be getting one after 20 yrs on my job, but I don't...I get only what I've put away for.

So I think the best solution though, since Detroit has been run by Democrats since the 1960's, that the government should just collect all that money from all the registered Democrats in the nation, that should take care of the problem!! Lol!

your full of shit.

And you're a fucking moron who can't contract the words "you" and "are"....STFU

and why? does it make you feel special that you can? So guru how the fuck is the UAW going to orgainize in a RTW state?

"Right to work" for dogfood? You have no idea how those assembly plants got there...you think southern man hates unions more than he hates crap pay? Jeff Sessions calling for Detroit to "go broke" while he fleeced the taxpayers into building those tin cans in Alabama and got campaign money and free cars from the Nips...meanwhile the pay is based on the UAW standard...nothing else. Same deal with all the asian builders....they know the money is in the engine and drive-train...who makes those makes the moola....let the stupid Americans bolt them together, eh? wakey wakey....you ain't fit to call yourself an American if you don't see who's behind the curtain.

Last edited:
Bullshit....the UAW got safe working condiitions, training programs so a guy on the line could learn multiple skills, and yeah, make a decent living so he could buy his own house and send his kids to college. That's how it's supposed to work in the USA. If you've never walked through the gate into an auto plant every morning for years, you have no business talking shit about the UAW.

can you walk into an auto and work..... and NOT be a paying union member?

And steal the wage the union guys bargained for? yeah, if you're a stinkin SCAB you can do that. And remember this; the assembly-plants (not mfg plants) the japs have here were built with taxpayer dollars, not company money. And the non-union wages there are only good as long as the UAW gets a fair wage from Detroit. UAW goes under, those boys down in Arkansas and Alabama are gonna get cut big time....

You union-haters should remember if Henry Ford hadn't ordered his Pinkertons to shoot at striking auto-workers, the unions wouldn't have had to go to the Italians for protection. That had strings attached...it's the rackets boys who are behind the dirty unions, not the workers.

^^^ main problem with unions.... right there.

they dont want anyone working.... who is not union and or vested into the system.

ie....."you have no business talking shit about the UAW"

Last edited:
Bullshit....the UAW got safe working condiitions, training programs so a guy on the line could learn multiple skills, and yeah, make a decent living so he could buy his own house and send his kids to college. That's how it's supposed to work in the USA. If you've never walked through the gate into an auto plant every morning for years, you have no business talking shit about the UAW.

yea walked into BmW in greenville SC for a week doing a side electrical job not a union guy on site and those operators get paid a decent wage btw.

so saying only union workers are paid well.... is bullshit. But they sure dont want to tell you that.

oh... and if it had been a union shop.... you would NOT have been allowed on site to do any side electrical job.

And steal the wage the union guys bargained for? yeah, if you're a stinkin SCAB you can do that. And remember this; the assembly-plants (not mfg plants) the japs have here were built with taxpayer dollars, not company money. And the non-union wages there are only good as long as the UAW gets a fair wage from Detroit. UAW goes under, those boys down in Arkansas and Alabama are gonna get cut big time....

You union-haters should remember if Henry Ford hadn't ordered his Pinkertons to shoot at striking auto-workers, the unions wouldn't have had to go to the Italians for protection. That had strings attached...it's the rackets boys who are behind the dirty unions, not the workers.

they dont want anyone working.... who is not union and or vested into the system.

To me the main problem is that once they have taken care of the real problems that were faced by industrial workers in the early 20th century, they were left with basically trying to preserve outdated work rules, protect the worst workers in the pack, and continuing thier own existance.

BTW, now we're seeing what an aging work force, pension and medical costs are doing do the Jap car builders......their TOYota got stuck throttle-advance sensors that send Americans careening though parking lots and into ditches.....to this day, they won't admit they can no longer build a trustworthy car. And on an even sadder note, there are posters here who hate Detroit because their own guilt from driving a rice-burner....down inside you should hate yourselves for letting fellow Americans go jobless partially because of you. If you don't, don't ask yourself why the country is in trouble...no answer will make any difference to you.

Retirees that lose their pension benefits, depending on how much they lose,

may see in many cases their incomes fall to the point where they will become eligible for all sorts of state and federal income-based help,

such as Medicaid, food stamps, housing, heat/energy assistance, etc.

So the Detroit 'problem' will become a state and federal 'problem'.

50 years of Democrat policies & corruption will do that.

People will die because of bad management.

You're full of shit to make this a Democrat problem. There are cities all over the US that have been run by Democrats that are NOT going bankrupt.

Get your partisan pea-brain out of your partisan ass.

btw, remember Orange County, 1995? Republican conservative stronghold Orange County?

Bankrupt. Am I entitled to validly conclude from that that REPUBLICAN municipal management causes bankruptcies?

You ever worked in an auto plant? Yes or no.

a guy was a fireman for 30 years fought fires rescued people and he is stealing money?....fascinating.....

They were not properly contribtuing into thier pension funds, and the politicans were not providing enough funding at the time to cover the future costs.

The stealing is on the part of the politican who KNEW this was going to happen 20 years down the road.

but at the same time that Fireman did what he was asked to do in good faith for 30 years....he wasnt stealing no ones money....

agreed... they were not stealing.. They did their job and were paid each month for doing that job... the rest is gravy

they were promised pensions...... they were promised money that is not there or real. The gravy train crashed and is off the rails.....

BTW, now we're seeing what an aging work force, pension and medical costs are doing do the Jap car builders......their TOYota got stuck throttle-advance sensors that send Americans careening though parking lots and into ditches.....to this day, they won't admit they can no longer build a trustworthy car. And on an even sadder note, there are posters here who hate Detroit because their own guilt from driving a rice-burner....down inside you should hate yourselves for letting fellow Americans go jobless partially because of you. If you don't, don't ask yourself why the country is in trouble...no answer will make any difference to you.

Then make a better fucking product and people will buy it. No one forced people to buy japanese cars, they were just better, more reliable, more in tune with the market, and usually cheaper than american cars of the same type.

Then make a better fucking product and people will buy it. No one forced people to buy japanese cars, they were just better, more reliable, more in tune with the market, and usually cheaper than american cars of the same type.

Horseshit. Check out what GM is doing with new management and designs...same workers. Wallow in your selfishness.....when the whole thing falls apart the pieces are gonna hit you too, gaijin.

really?.....i never broke the law.....i was just some poor slob trying to support a family..... :eusa_eh:

do you work for the union?

oh ok i see what you are saying.....:eusa_angel:....but i do know 2-3 people who do work for the Union whose job it is, is to help those whose families are affected by disaster or some disease.....they are not ripping anyone off....

and do you know how much they make? The union workers here make money hand over fist.... on your dues.... and they are safe.

they are nothing but leaches gorging one workers blood sweat and tears in my opinion. They dont care about the workers... they care about the dues they rake in.

They were not properly contribtuing into thier pension funds, and the politicans were not providing enough funding at the time to cover the future costs.

The stealing is on the part of the politican who KNEW this was going to happen 20 years down the road.

but at the same time that Fireman did what he was asked to do in good faith for 30 years....he wasnt stealing no ones money....

agreed... they were not stealing.. They did their job and were paid each month for doing that job... the rest is gravy

they were promised pensions...... they were promised money that is not there or real. The gravy train crashed and is off the rails.....

cold-blooded when it doesn't touch you or those around you......sad.

just an FYI

you jap and nip shit is not endearing you to anyone here......

do you work for the union?

oh ok i see what you are saying.....:eusa_angel:....but i do know 2-3 people who do work for the Union whose job it is, is to help those whose families are affected by disaster or some disease.....they are not ripping anyone off....

and do you know how much they make? The union workers here make money hand over fist.... on your dues.... and they are safe.

they are nothing but leaches gorging one workers blood sweat and tears in my opinion. They dont care about the workers... they care about the dues they rake in.

Know any union stewards? yes or no.

just an FYI

you jap and nip shit is not endearing you to anyone here......

EXCUSE ME. My uncle fought those little bastards across the Pacific until he was wounded on Saipan.....you don't seem to understand the war never ended for them. "Nip" is short for Nippon and is how they refer to themselves. Jap shouldn't be offensive to anybody who calls a Chevrolet a Chevy....ever own a Chevy?

Last edited:

You ever worked in an auto plant? Yes or no.

you do realize all it took for me to melt you down was asking if non labor workers could work in union shops...

:lol:

Forum List

Back