Should elected democrats undermine Trump as the GOP undermined Obama?

Always remember that McConnell and company met from Obama's first days as president and concluded that their MOST important role was to ensure that Obama would only be a one-term president and that anything that Obama proposed (even former GOP initiatives) should be met with elected GOPers' opposition.

Should the same be done with the Trump administration? Will we gain have a do-nothing (except constant opposition) congress?

Of course the Dems should try to prevent legislation from passing that they do not believe in.

They are supposed to represent their constituents.

Obama got almost a trillion dollars from Bush for infrastructure

Lol you are retarded.

What you just said is pure fantasy with not even slight connection to reality.

Infrastructure spending was in Obama's stimulus bill which contained about 100 billion specifically to that end.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia

Thank you for the link.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) (Pub.L. 111–5), commonly referred to as The Stimulus or The Recovery Act, was a stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.

To respond to the Great Recession, the primary objective for ARRA was to save and create jobs almost immediately. Secondary objectives were to provide temporary relief programs for those most affected by the recession and invest in infrastructure, education, health, and renewable energy. The approximate cost of the economic stimulus package was estimated to be $787 billion at the time of passage, later revised to $831 billion between 2009 and 2019. The Act included direct spending in infrastructure, education, health, and energy, federal tax incentives, and expansion of unemployment benefits and other social welfare provisions. It also created the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board.

"Infrastructure spending was in Obama's stimulus bill which contained about 100 billion specifically to that end."

All I heard out of Obama was we need to fix our "crumblng roads and bridges." Then he joked about the shovel ready jobs that didn't exist.

Last edited:
Should elected democrats undermine Trump as the GOP undermined Obama?

Another false narrative created by Snowflakes to rail against...

Lol you are retarded.

Infrastructure spending was in Obama's stimulus bill which contained about 100 billion specifically to that end.

Thank you for the link.

Wow you are crazy...you already responded to this post (you seriously do't remember?) and I already responded to your response.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15874175/

Lol you are retarded.

Thank you for the link.

Wow you are crazy...you already responded to this post (you seriously do't remember?) and I already responded to your response.

Your response was bullshit.

Lol you are retarded.

Thank you for the link.

Your response was bullshit.

Lol, How so?

Maybe if we didn't have the highest corporate tax rate in the civilized world, corporations wouldn't want to stop making stuff here, don't you think?

Name 10 companies that have paid the FULL 33.8 % top rate.....
Go one, FOX would be proud of you.

Corporations get to deduct business expenses, so we should raise our idiotically high rate even higher?

I knew you were stupid, but you still manage to surprise me with your idiocy.

Corporations get to deduct business expenses, so we should raise our idiotically high rate even higher?

Speaking of "stupid"....Lets see if I have this straight from nitwits like you.....

We have a HIGH rate of taxation on corporations of 33.8%

We have so many loopholes on our tax code that virtually NO ONE ever pays that 33.8% tax rate.

We then have morons (like you) who go around parroting that the tax rate is STILL way too high???

Always remember that McConnell and company met from Obama's first days as president and concluded that their MOST important role was to ensure that Obama would only be a one-term president and that anything that Obama proposed (even former GOP initiatives) should be met with elected GOPers' opposition.
Should the same be done with the Trump administration? Will we gain have a do-nothing (except constant opposition) congress?
The only way the Dems can stop the GOP from doing anything is if the GOP lets them.

Absolutely!!! Undermine him on infrastructure spending, Obstruct him on Obamacare replacement, Oppose him on trade renegotiation. I'd love to see a country completely free of Democrat influence...and with your help, we can see that dream come to fruition!

Are you then stating that for the last 8 years we have had a "country completely free" of GOP influences???

Did or did not the GOP oppose ANYTHING that Obama proposed?

By all means. Obstruct all you can. Tha Obama Admnistration and Democratic Policies were totally repudiated in this election by the voters. The Dems have some 24 seats to defend in the next election. We have absolutely no objection to controling both Houses and the Executive as well as the Supreme Court for the next thirty years. Have at it.

Speaking of "stupid"....Lets see if I have this straight from nitwits like you.....

We have so many loopholes on our tax code that virtually NO ONE ever pays that 33.8% tax rate.

We then have morons (like you) who go around parroting that the tax rate is STILL way too high???

Actually it is. There should be zero taxes on corporations.

Highest in the 1st world.
So let's hike it more, because no corporation ever changed their behavior because of tax rates.

You're such a fucking moron.

Some do pay that rate and others pay a little less. So what would you do with your American business if you are in that tax bracket?

that's fine with me because gridlock in government is good for the people

Why Gridlock in Washington Is Good

Forum List

Back