Should Elon Musk stop tolerating Progressive intolerance?

Should Elon Musk ban Progressives?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Only the ones guilty of Hate Speech.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No -- they should be under the same rules as everyone else.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
As it stands, Progressives will use every trick in the book to bring Twitter back under their censorship.

Will they succeed? Only time will tell.

If Musk succeeds in keeping Twitter operational and under his control, should he ban Progressives?

As it stands, Progressives will use every trick in the book to bring Twitter back under their censorship.

If Musk succeeds in keeping Twitter operational and under his control, should he ban Progressives?
Twitter is a business. Musk can do with it whatever he chooses.

Sure, he can ban Progressives. Because what the republic really needs right now is another right wing echo chamber.

I don't want Musk to make any rules based on ideology and he has pledged not to do that. Conservatives for the first time feel like they can breathe and don't have to watch every word or phrase they tweet lest the censors restrict or suspend them which happened a lot. It isn't happening now. I can use an innocent metaphorical phrase like 'they ought to hang him' or 'don't bring a knife to a gunfight' without having my account locked or restricted. It is liberating and fun and much more educational than it formerly was.

The progressives/leftists/Democrats have never had the same rules and restrictions put on them.

Musk has made it clear that just anything won't be allowed just as USMB has certain sensible rules re what is unacceptable and won't be allowed. But so far he has been a blast on Twitter, joining in the fun, and setting a positive example of what acceptable Twitter behavior is. There is far more hateful speech--not hate speech but hateful speech--here at USMB than what you see from anybody on Twitter.

I don't want Musk to make any rules based on ideology and he has pledged not to do that. Conservatives for the first time feel like they can breathe and don't have to watch every word or phrase they tweet lest the censors restrict or suspend them which happened a lot. It isn't happening now. I can use an innocent metaphorical phrase like 'they ought to hang him' or 'don't bring a knife to a gunfight' without having my account locked or restricted. It is liberating and fun and much more educational than it formerly was.
Only time will tell. Perhaps after Progressives will use every trick in the book to silence him, he may change his mind. On the other hand they may succeed silencing Twitter.

In my opinion, Progressives should be allowed to stay only if they are entertaining enough.

That would make him a hypocrite and counter active to the reason he bought Twitter in the first place.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is they try to silence us, while we promote them telling the world what they're all about. We don't protest colleges nor threaten administrations for bringing in lib speakers. Why is that? The reason is if a conservative speaks, some with an open mind might leave the plantation to join our side. When libs speak, we again stand to get more people on our side.

Open borders, face masks, attacking energy, paying people not to work is the leftist message they try to get out. Why would we stand in the way of that?

That would make him a hypocrite and counter active to the reason he bought Twitter in the first place.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is they try to silence us, while we promote them telling the world what they're all about. We don't protest colleges nor threaten administrations for bringing in lib speakers. Why is that?
I guess so. But at least Elon Musk could ban Hate Speech.

Twitter has a large subculture of those who hate men and view all men as oppressors. This subculture is detrimental to mental health and well-being of young men.

Elon Musk's stupid pet tricks have caused him to lose over $100 billion this year. That's gonna leave a mark.

I hope he's at least having a good laugh at his own expense.

Last edited:

Actually the left doesn’t give a flying fuck about Twitter at this point. You just pretend we do. You’re obsessed with the culture war narrative to the point you are making shit up out of thin air.

I do not know what tricks Progressives have -- they will do everything they can to destroy Twitter.
Maybe those bastards will misspell a lot of words on Twitter to frustrate people?

Twitter is a resource used by millions and million and millions of people all along the entire political spectrum all around the world. Why on Earth would anyone want to destroy that?

There is literally nothing to replace it.

Only time will tell. Perhaps after Progressives will use every trick in the book to silence him, he may change his mind. On the other hand they may succeed silencing Twitter.

In my opinion, Progressives should be allowed to stay only if they are entertaining enough.
No. Progressives should be able to enjoy all the fun stuff of twitter as well as having their say. I for one find it boring existing in an echo chamber. What's entertaining though are the progressive blue checks (recognizable real famous people) who tweet all kinds of idiotic, stupid, wrong stuff and watching the immediate response of people posting the correct information complete with links, audio, video.

Musk has been a huge magnet for Patriot/conservative/Republican voices though and many many of them are creating new accounts on Twitter for no other reason than Musk is there with a free speech policy. I've had hundreds of new followers just in the past week. Most are new accounts created by people who left when Trump was banned or who were banned for petty infractions and are now allowed back on the forum. Twitter usage has never been higher so the people who know about that say and it's a given that the advertisers won't be willing to continue to pass up that kind of exposure.

Last edited:
No. Progressives should be able to enjoy all the fun stuff of twitter as well as having their say. I for one find it boring existing in an echo chamber. What's entertaining though are the progressive blue checks (recognizable real famous people) who tweet all kinds of idiotic, stupid, wrong stuff and watching the immediate response of people posting the correct information complete with links, audio, video.
If you say so.

Sadly, many of them engage in Hate Speech and abusive behavior.

If you say so.

Sadly, many of them engage in Hate Speech and abusive behavior.
A lot of them say mean, even cruel hateful things yes, but some do that here at USMB too. I have not experienced hate speech from anybody on Twitter, just stupid stuff. And if somebody is annoying or harassing or trolling me sufficiently to keep me from enjoying myself, the block feature takes all that away.

If you never have contact with the enemy, you miss out on a lot of ammunition to use against them.

Last edited:
Republicans like to think that Twitter will become this anything goes free speech hub, but the reality is that Musk will still be beholden to advertisers who won’t tolerate quite a lot of content.

Republicans like to think that Twitter will become this anything goes free speech hub, but the reality is that Musk will still be beholden to advertisers who won’t tolerate quite a lot of content.
Musk made it clear that Hate Speech is still prohibited. Hopefully, he will also ban Progressives guilty of Hate Speech.

Forum List

Back