Should gays be allowed to adopt?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • no

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
I personally was adopted and of course the kids are going to be pro-whichever type of family they were raised by. So asking the kid, even after they are grown up isn't really going to reveal much. Where it gets interesting is when only one parent is the natural parent of the offspring and this goes for whether it's hetero or homosexual parents. I think all kids should have both a mother figure and father figure in their life because that is what the world is made up of. Two mothers or two fathers gives you too much of one gender's perspective and not enough of the other, so I think right off the bat the kid is starting off with a deficit. Of course not all heterosexual parents make good parents or even good spouses, but the same could be said of homosexual parents, so it's a wash. I'm not saying ban gay adoption, artifical insemination, fertility treatments or single parents, so before you pipe in with your pre-determined responses...

Obviously if one parent dies or there is a divorce that might be traumatic for any kid in any type of family, but then it basically falls on the remaining parent or the parent with custody. So what is the divorce rate going to be like in the future for homosexual parents?

Instead of looking at the fact that most adoptive parents start off with the best of intentions, you have to look at the possibility that the family will be torn apart and who is going to pick up the pieces. You can't just look at the failures (broken homes) of heterosexual parents and the successes (stable homes where the children grow up without any major psychological issues) of homosexual parents and say that because those two conditions exist that hetero/homo sexual parents are exactly the same. They just aren't.

What happens if a hetero couple adopts a kid and it turns out gay? Should they get to give it back? Give it to a gay couple? :dunno:

All this talk about gay marriage has me curious as to what the board feels about what I believe is a much more crucial issue.

I say hell to the no !

I say that there is no reason not to allow them to adopt and raise a child.

All this talk about gay marriage has me curious as to what the board feels about what I believe is a much more crucial issue.

I say hell to the no !

I used to think it probably wasn't the best idea, but then I actually thought about it.

[ame=http://youtu.be/j4On-2Pn2fU]Phoenix gay dads adopt, raise 12 happy kids - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back