Should gays be allowed to adopt?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • no

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Depends on how accepting the community they live in is. I mean if you're a gay couple raising a child in say Vidor, Texas, yes your child might grow up with a complex. Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio not so much anymore.....

Same could be said about interracial couples and their children.

Still that should not be illegal.

No, I don't think that's the same in terms of degree.

Explain the difference of the stigma of children born of mixed race 1950 era

To children born of a gay couple 2013 era.

Do you know of any conclusive studies that prove gays are suitable parents?

Are all Heterosexual adults suitable parents?

It that I think gays aren't responsible enough to be parents. It's the whole societal impact on the whole arrangement. This is by far the most accepting society in the world, but there are some things we're not accepting of, and frankly, shouldn't be accepting of.

And what do you base THAT on? (You know thousands and thousands of gay couples are parents, right?)

Same could be said about interracial couples and their children.

Still that should not be illegal.

I see your point and there's no doubt there's has been a shift in thinking about gays. I just don't think we will the same type of strides made in relation to race, do to a variety of different factors.

Are all Heterosexual adults suitable parents?

It that I think gays aren't responsible enough to be parents. It's the whole societal impact on the whole arrangement. This is by far the most accepting society in the world, but there are some things we're not accepting of, and frankly, shouldn't be accepting of.

And what do you base THAT on? (You know thousands and thousands of gay couples are parents, right?)

I meant to say it's not that I think gay's aren't responsible enough to be parents.

I see your point and there's no doubt there's has been a shift in thinking about gays. I just don't think we will the same type of strides made in relation to race, do to a variety of different factors.

It's your topic can you elaborate on the "different" factors?

Religion for example.

Religion for example.

Religion was against mixed marriage and children back in the 1950's.

Can you give examples of what would be a different stigma ?

Religion for example.

Religion for example.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are there any verses in the bible forbidding interracial relationships?

I am asking you to provide a "variety of examples" that shows how being stigmatized for mixed race couples and mixed race children era 1950 is much different then being stigmatized 2013 for having gay parents.

Religion for example.

There were religions that prohibited interracial marriage. Mormons did not even allow black people to join their church.

I am not religious myself and so I can only google what the christians quote about it.

Question: "What does the Bible say about interracial marriage?"

Answer: The Old Testament Law commanded the Israelites not to engage in interracial marriage (Deuteronomy 7:3-4). However, the reason for this was not primarily racial in nature. Rather, it was religious. The reason God commanded against interracial marriage was that people of other races were idolaters and worshippers of false gods. The Israelites would be led astray from God if they intermarried with idol worshippers, pagans, or heathens. A similar principle is laid out in the New Testament, but at a much different level: “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?” (2 Corinthians 6:14). Just as the Israelites (believers in the one true God) were commanded not to marry idolaters, so Christians (believers in the one true God) are commanded not to marry unbelievers. To answer this question specifically, no, the Bible does not say that interracial marriage is wrong.

As Martin Luther King noted, a person should be judged by his or her character, not by skin color. There is no place in the life of the Christian for favoritism based on race (James 2:1-10). When selecting a mate, a Christian should always first find out if the potential spouse is born again by faith in Jesus Christ (John 3:3-5). Faith in Christ, not skin color, is the biblical standard for choosing a spouse. Interracial marriage is not a matter of right or wrong, but of wisdom, discernment, and prayer.

The only reason interracial marriage should be considered carefully is the difficulties a mixed-race couple may experience because of others who have a hard time accepting them. Many interracial couples experience discrimination and ridicule, sometimes even from their own families. Some interracial couples experience difficulties when their children have skin tones of different shades from the parents and/or siblings. An interracial couple needs to take these things into consideration and be prepared for them, should they decide to marry. Again, though, the only biblical restriction placed on whom a Christian may marry is whether the other person is a member of the body of Christ.

Read more: What does the Bible say about interracial marriage?

However, using religion as a reason is not legitimate in my opinion since not all heterosexuals have religious ceremonies when they decide to wed.

Some choose to get married at the courthouse.

At any rate religion does not decide law and so that argument that religious folk will stigmatize the gay parents and children is not a good enough reason to take away someones civil rights.

I am asking you to provide a "variety of examples" that shows how being stigmatized for mixed race couples and mixed race children era 1950 is much different then being stigmatized 2013 for having gay parents.

I already told you that I concede that there may have been a harsh stigma on mixed children years ago, similar to the stigma attached to children raised by gay parents. I just don't see the same same type of advances made in terms of how society will be accepting of gays.

I already told you that I concede that there may have been a harsh stigma on mixed children years ago, similar to the stigma attached to children raised by gay parents. I just don't see the same same type of advances made in terms of how society will be accepting of gays.

Well imo, Gay parenting will be accepted much faster then you think and part of the reason is not because of religion or government. It will be because of family. More and more people have someone in their family who is gay and as such in most families we see the members showing support and wanting the best for each other.

PS> You can join the support in sporting a red avatar if you want to support marriage equality:cool:

Well imo, Gay parenting will be accepted much faster then you think and part of the reason is not because of religion or government. It will be because of family. More and more people have someone in their family who is gay and as such in most families we see the members showing support and wanting the best for each other.

Fair enough. Time will certainly tell.

Will the child be allowed to develop sexually without being nudged a bit
to the Homo side.

I doubt it.

The kid wants to go to a hetero friends house to hang out.
Sorry kid you can't go.
The kid will be allowed to go at all times to the couples gay friends house
where it's wall to wall gay!

And that wont have an effect on the little one at all.
Yeh right.

Just like Obama said our health insurance rates will not go up because of Obama Care....

Been hearing all day how much they are going to go up.

to the Homo side.

I doubt it.

Sorry kid you can't go.

Yeh right.

Just like Obama said our health insurance rates will not go up because of Obama Care....

What a load of crap.

to the Homo side.

I doubt it.

Sorry kid you can't go.

Yeh right.

That may be one of the stupidest arguments against homosexuality that I've ever seen. I would give you a sarcastic congratulations, but I'm not sure you're even worth the effort. Mostly I just feel sorry for you. And for the people who have to know you.

You can't look at the trends in polling on this issue to tell you? The black civil rights movement only wishes they could have progressed as quickly as the gay civil rights movement. Of course, they paved the way...and we have social media.

Forum List

Back