Should gays be allowed to adopt?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • no

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Oh please. Arguing against this is like arguing against antibiotics to fight infections.

That said, I'm not sure on the Scout Troop Leader thing? Joking. I'm actually sort of glad I didn't have a boy. I couldn't have done the scouting thing with their stand on this, and I've also evolved to thing football isn't something kids should do.

I would say yes.

While I may not necessarily consider homosexuality to be "normal".....
Normal....of course....being a relative-term.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zPh97qYd4]Youngest Brother Has the Highest Chance To Be Gay pt1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_bfVvo3dd8]Youngest Brother Has the Highest Chance To Be Gay pt2 - YouTube[/ame]​

You're too late. We can already adopt in most states.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but do you have a link? When I checked I found a majority of the states didn't permit it.

But according to statistics from the Human Rights Campaign, only 18 states and Washington, D.C. allow same sex couples to adopt through joint adoption, including Romney's home state of Massachusetts, and in Colorado and Minnesoate, same-sex couples have been able to successfully petition to adopt in some jurisdictions.

18 states and the District of Columbia allow same sex couples to adopt through "second parent adoption," which allows one parent to adopt a child while the partner petitions to become the second guardian. Same-sex couples in eight additional states have successfully petitioned courts for second-parent adoption in some jurisdictions.

But when it comes to state statutes, Mississippi is the lone state with a specific law barring same-sex couples from adopting a child.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=16346062

I'm sure the arrangement is great for your daughter, but the reality is this society isn't 100% tolerant of everything and everyone. Do you see any negative aspects to gay couples adopting?

No.

You're thinking about your own selfish feelings and not the child.

So you're saying that a child is better off with NO parents rather than with 2 loving stable ones of the same sex?

Decent people should be encouraged to adopt, regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation or anything else. What matters is that kids get the best start in life... seems to me that means having someone who loves the kid. Simple.

You're too late. We can already adopt in most states.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but do you have a link? When I checked I found a majority of the states didn't permit it.

But according to statistics from the Human Rights Campaign, only 18 states and Washington, D.C. allow same sex couples to adopt through joint adoption, including Romney's home state of Massachusetts, and in Colorado and Minnesoate, same-sex couples have been able to successfully petition to adopt in some jurisdictions.

18 states and the District of Columbia allow same sex couples to adopt through "second parent adoption," which allows one parent to adopt a child while the partner petitions to become the second guardian. Same-sex couples in eight additional states have successfully petitioned courts for second-parent adoption in some jurisdictions.

But when it comes to state statutes, Mississippi is the lone state with a specific law barring same-sex couples from adopting a child.

Despite Romney Claim, Same-Sex Adoption Laws Vary - ABC News

Right, so a majority of states don't allow it. Thanks.

Despite Romney Claim, Same-Sex Adoption Laws Vary - ABC News

Right, so a majority of states don't allow it. Thanks.

Which States Allow Lesbian and Gay Couples to Adopt Jointly?
California, the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island*, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.

Lesbian and Gay Rights - Gay Adoption Rights

That's the link I looked at too. The Last I checked that isn't a majority.

Adoption is not a large percentage of our population anyway.

Their is also gay and lesbian couples that agree to make babies together through surrogacy, and there are those who have been married and had children before coming out.

Gay parents make up a percent of our population already.

Adoption in itself comes with unique issues whether a gay or straight couple is adopting.

Gay couples have been more willing to adopt kids with disabilities as well as older kids, whereas traditional male/female couples tend to seek newborns.

Jon's Blog: By the Numbers: Gay Adoption Edition

I'm sure the arrangement is great for your daughter, but the reality is this society isn't 100% tolerant of everything and everyone. Do you see any negative aspects to gay couples adopting?

No.

You're thinking about your own selfish feelings and not the child.

So, the same applies to anyone who has children in a not-perfect world? Seems to me that we are not the selfish ones here. And I believe if you were to say that to my daughter, she would laugh in your face.

I could imagine how having two gay parents would put an incredible amount of emotion stress on a child and have him/her grow up with a terrible complex.

Depends on how accepting the community they live in is. I mean if you're a gay couple raising a child in say Vidor, Texas, yes your child might grow up with a complex. Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio not so much anymore.....

I could imagine how having two gay parents would put an incredible amount of emotion stress on a child and have him/her grow up with a terrible complex.

Depends on how accepting the community they live in is. I mean if you're a gay couple raising a child in say Vidor, Texas, yes your child might grow up with a complex. Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio not so much anymore.....

Same could be said about interracial couples and their children.

Still that should not be illegal.

Same could be said about interracial couples and their children.

Still that should not be illegal.

No, I don't think that's the same in terms of degree.

Do you know of any conclusive studies that prove gays are suitable parents?

Are all Heterosexual adults suitable parents?

It that I think gays aren't responsible enough to be parents. It's the whole societal impact on the whole arrangement. This is by far the most accepting society in the world, but there are some things we're not accepting of, and frankly, shouldn't be accepting of.

So now you know EVERY gay in the world who wants to be a parent? :lol:

Are all Heterosexual adults suitable parents?

It that I think gays aren't responsible enough to be parents. It's the whole societal impact on the whole arrangement. This is by far the most accepting society in the world, but there are some things we're not accepting of, and frankly, shouldn't be accepting of.

Who said that? Are you retarded?

Who said that? Are you retarded?

You said "I think gays aren't responsible enough to be parents". So now you know them all to make a blanket statement like that?

Forum List

Back